Last Sunday I was surprised to find that, when a map came down to a tiebreaker, we played HC vs. HC to settle it. Now I know this is one old tradition that FC used way before I showed up, but it became the subject of numerous debates before the conclusion of the Halo 4 generation. That was until silversleek01 came into one of these debates and said, "So put everyone on a ban list that says they can't play a tiebreaker if they played one earlier in the war," and World Peace was achieved.

Seriously, why are not still using this technique? The rule was that any team composition can be gathered to play a tiebreaker, as long as all members on that team did not appear on "The List," which itself was a running tally of all the people who fought in previous tiebreakers during that war. The only exception was if the list was full or nearly full, and the only people online at the time were people from the list.

The list is not difficult to maintain. Previously it was a sheet in the Statbook that was just a list of gamertags of the combatants, colored by army, with a date next to them listing their last tiebreaker match. In my opinion, the Tiebreaker List dramatically changed the way we viewed close battles, and Field Marshals had to make serious considerations about who they called upon each week to fight in a tiebreaker. Sure, a "stacked" team could win tonight, but is the map important enough to make that call? It also resulted in dramatically varied team compositions, where members from different Squads would play together sometimes for the first time ever.

I see no reason not to revive the Tiebreaker List. At the time it was truly seen as one of the greatest suggestions to come out of the wars and a dramatic improvement to our Battle Night procedure.