Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Warmap + forge/test department

Evening to you all.

I have a suggestion/problem with the forge/map department.

As we can see on the War map there is a lack of original halo 5 maps (made by 343), We have 20 maps, 8 of them are 343 maps made for Halo 5 gametypes, and then we have 12 forge maps, some which are remakes.

i don’t have a problem with to many forge maps in the warmap… But to be honest most of the forge maps ive played on, have had problems with spawning, or were not enjoyable to play on. The remakes we use feel too true to there predecessors. As in they are made for a more classical slayer game type, not Halo 5. (Which comes with Sprint, Clamber, Ground Pound, Charges)

For spawning i will use Sidewinder as an example, we either spawned on REDD cliff or BLUE Cliff most of the time. Wide open for a DMR to shoot at us or right next to there tele so they can come out and kill us with a shotgun. Rarely did players spawn at there own base.

We need to test these maps out more thoroughly, before being used in the Wars. This part is not a suggestion, this is a must. Broken maps only hurt us in the long run, they discourage new recruits from coming back, upset current members, and alot of excuses can be tossed around after the match.

If we look at this map made by an forger in halo 5, he made an original map all that is actually build for halo 5 spartans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8uqUaLoAk

This is a fun map to play on and also this map is made for competitive gameplay.
    That is how a competitive forge map in halo 5 should look like, cause it plays right they have thought about where you could clamber on what would be a great route to have cover to have a skilljump and all.

The Remakes are for a nostalgic feel, because most of them are made to look and feel exactly as the map played in a previous iteration of Halo.

I suggest for the time being until our forge department has throughly tested the forge maps they wish to add to the warmap, that we use the default 343 studios maps.

Re: Warmap + forge/test department

fuck off Remy
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    fuck off Remy
    Was that necessary?
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by RemcoTheRock View Post
    As we can see on the War map there is a lack of original halo 5 maps
    There's a lack of original Halo 5 maps. Period.

i don’t have a problem with to many forge maps in the warmap… But to be honest most of the forge maps ive played on, have had problems with spawning, or were not enjoyable to play on. The remakes we use feel too true to there predecessors. As in they are made for a more classical slayer game type, not Halo 5. (Which comes with Sprint, Clamber, Ground Pound, Charges)
    When the first war map was scheduled to be created, Forge had just come out so there weren't many maps to choose from. We ended up going with the best we could find at the time.

I suggest for the time being until our forge department has throughly tested the forge maps they wish to add to the warmap, that we use the default 343 studios maps.
    Like I said above, there weren't (still aren't) enough default maps to support our warmap and we needed to get a war started.

We're definitely open to map suggestions for future wars, and if you really want to help out with the forging, you're welcome to join the department.
    Last edited by Legendary Nova; 03-14-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

seriously though, good ideas Remy. You've actually captured what the most of our squad has thought for weeks and suffered at the hands of for weeks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Was that necessary?
    It's an inside joke
    - Silko, 2016

I stand with Remy on this. I have yet to enjoy a single forge map remake on the warmap.

I am aware that the forge department isnt at it best right now, i however I will not sit around and play on a broken map like sidewinder again. Maybe that's childish thinking, but I wanna have fun right before I return to my weekly grind.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's a problem with the maps or if it's a problem with the skill imbalance we have unfortunately at the moment.

The spawns we had on those maps are probably pretty accurate to what they were on the original maps - but I'd say at least one of the reasons for all the remake maps is because both armies will be on an even playing field until they practice and get used to them.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    I don't know if it's a problem with the maps or if it's a problem with the skill imbalance we have unfortunately at the moment.

The spawns we had on those maps are probably pretty accurate to what they were on the original maps - but I'd say at least one of the reasons for all the remake maps is because both armies will be on an even playing field until they practice and get used to them.
    I think more so it is the fact that many older maps don't fit the playstyle of Halo 5. All of these remakes were maps before the introduction of clamber, hover and thrust. Even sprint for the best part. Playing Halo CE-Reach maps are no use because they don't play well when put into a Halo 5 system
    - Silko, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Nova View Post
    There's a lack of original Halo 5 maps. Period.

When the first war map was scheduled to be created, Forge had just come out so there weren't many maps to choose from. We ended up going with the best we could find at the time.

Like I said above, there weren't (still aren't) enough default maps to support our warmap and we needed to get a war started.

We're definitely open to map suggestions for future wars, and if you really want to help out with the forging, you're welcome to join the department.
    I get your points in the fast decisions you guys had to make to get the warmap ready so you just bookmarked some files without knowing what kind of problems they would have in a halo 5 competitive gameplay.
    But i don't get why you guys just decided to have more forge maps you should have known if we looked at previous halo's the first forge maps made by people are just... terrible. and in this case with all the extra's a halo 5 spartan brings to the fight (clambering, charging, etc) it can't fit the competitive game style.

This is a warmap that will probably last a long time before you guys have to make a new warmap and every warmap had a long time of being active so i don't get why you guys decided to put more forge maps in there instead of the 343 maps that are actually not broken and don't have spawn issues.
    Because in the beginning of forge/new halo there is always a great lack of good/great competitive forge maps made by players.

Me joining is not the only way of solving the issue with the warmap/ forge maps in the warmap, i think a better forge department and a better test department will solve the problems already. Because i know the last BTB map we played on BN (Sidewinder) has never been tested and has been forged once by our department... after the practice on saturday without giving us a heads up that he changed the map so we could see what changed and could get used to the map before BN started.

it's litteraly not fun to play on broken maps that are not tested and not forged to make the gameplay for halo 5 spartans, it's only fun to play on with your friends if you want to have a custom game night without that competitive feeling, because the map is already broken so why not enjoy the fun of the broken map while you kill each other.

and there are 8 original 343 maps in the warmap, 343 got around 13 to 17 maps when forge came to halo 5. i still don't understand why you guys did not made the decision to start halo 5 with a smaller warmap so there would only be 343 maps in there so we could all have fun without any problems and/or isseus.
    the war would last shorter but i think nobody of FC would mind if it would last shorter because if it means that they won't have to play a longer war with broken maps and after the short war there will be better competitive forge maps made by players everyone would say yes to that (in my eyesight).

excuse my bad english in writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post

The skill balancing in between both armies is also a isseu but even if you put all pro players on those forge maps fighting each other i think all of them would or laugh there asses off or rage quit.

And i don't think it's called a skill issue when the enemy is in the middle and you can't spawn at your base or the enemy base while there are no thrown nades or enemy's right there.

And i don't see how a spawn right next to a teleporter is pretty accurate in any halo game, or not getting spawned at/in your base is accurate.
    Of course we will practice on those maps both armies but we can't just say "nah we ain't playing this map" because that will result in a loss and there is nobody that will just put that map out of the game in 2 seconds and place a new map in their. what i have been told it takes time before something like this could happen.
    And practice nights are meant to practice not to test the maps that is the job for the test department.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    fuck off Remy
    fuck you solus

Thread Information