Evening to you all.

I have a suggestion/problem with the forge/map department.

As we can see on the War map there is a lack of original halo 5 maps (made by 343), We have 20 maps, 8 of them are 343 maps made for Halo 5 gametypes, and then we have 12 forge maps, some which are remakes.

i don’t have a problem with to many forge maps in the warmap… But to be honest most of the forge maps ive played on, have had problems with spawning, or were not enjoyable to play on. The remakes we use feel too true to there predecessors. As in they are made for a more classical slayer game type, not Halo 5. (Which comes with Sprint, Clamber, Ground Pound, Charges)

For spawning i will use Sidewinder as an example, we either spawned on REDD cliff or BLUE Cliff most of the time. Wide open for a DMR to shoot at us or right next to there tele so they can come out and kill us with a shotgun. Rarely did players spawn at there own base.

We need to test these maps out more thoroughly, before being used in the Wars. This part is not a suggestion, this is a must. Broken maps only hurt us in the long run, they discourage new recruits from coming back, upset current members, and alot of excuses can be tossed around after the match.

If we look at this map made by an forger in halo 5, he made an original map all that is actually build for halo 5 spartans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui8uqUaLoAk

This is a fun map to play on and also this map is made for competitive gameplay.
That is how a competitive forge map in halo 5 should look like, cause it plays right they have thought about where you could clamber on what would be a great route to have cover to have a skilljump and all.

The Remakes are for a nostalgic feel, because most of them are made to look and feel exactly as the map played in a previous iteration of Halo.

I suggest for the time being until our forge department has throughly tested the forge maps they wish to add to the warmap, that we use the default 343 studios maps.