Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Warmap + forge/test department

Not going to lie, I've dropped a few members due to both map selection and poor map edits. It's hurting my squad and I would personally like to see a change so I'd say this thread is overdue
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Blog Posts

Am I the only one who enjoys the forged maps we have? The only problem I had with Sidewinder was that the DMRs respawned in mid, which allowed people to sit on mid and watch teleporters without ever having to leave for ammo. But besides that, I think the map played fine, even with spartan abilities.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by RemcoTheRock View Post
    The skill balancing in between both armies is also a isseu but even if you put all pro players on those forge maps fighting each other i think all of them would or laugh there asses off or rage quit.

And i don't think it's called a skill issue when the enemy is in the middle and you can't spawn at your base or the enemy base while there are no thrown nades or enemy's right there.
    Have you ever played Sanc when you're being spawn-trapped lol? Do it right and the other team can't leave their rocks/objective. Probably the best competitive map there's ever been on Halo apart from some in H3 (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Am I the only one who enjoys the forged maps we have?
    no
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Off course those maps can be fun to play on but when there are people leaving this community or not showing up for BN's and/or practices any more because the maps are horible and they don't want there night ruined but they want to have fun on those nights there is a problem like solus said.

We had on the previous BN a few players leaving they didn´t liked the forge maps we played on but they showed up to play with us, sadly when they saw they changed the weapon locations and all they were leaving the night. completly understandable because we are in this community to have fun competitve game nights especially on a sunday the last day of the weekend before we go to work again we don't want our night ruined.

But yeah i have played more maps and spawn trapping is possible in alot of maps, not likely that we will ever do that because i think/hope that that is a rule in this community.
    And yea it's one of the old school great maps there is in halo but at least it was made for competitive gameplay for the halo 2 spartans that time and later in reach remade with forge as well.
    But that was fun and almost everyone liked sanctuary but if we look at those forge maps they are not made for us halo 5 spartans they are made to play 2/3 times on to see how well they remade valhalla and be happy about it that you can see it in halo 5 without switching discs.
    But it's not made to play competitive in halo 5 and a map like valhalla can never be remaked in halo 5 with forge so we can play it as a real competitive map for us halo 5 spartans this is a job for 343 to remake this map to give us the old valhalla feeling that is able to play competitive on in halo 5.

If i ever want to play valhalla i just switch my discs to halo 3 if i ever want to play sanctuary i switch discs if i ever want to play guardian i switch discs... The competitive gameplay on those forge maps are useless and they need more forging to make the competitive gameplay great on those maps in halo 5.

But also what solus said we are already losing people because of this problem and i can't understand why our test department didn't test those maps before putting them in it's so easy to just send the FC community messages and inv's to test a map and with our feedback the test department immidiatly knows if they have to forge more in that map or just remove it or put it in the warmap.
    It isn't the job of the practices to test those maps because it's already to late those maps are already in the warmap.

It's just as simply as it is: the forge department and the test department have to work together more often but before they do that they have to do their jobs as forgers and/or testers instead of just putting maps in the warmap because time ran out... in that time you could easily find an better way of making the practices and BN's enjoyable with some other fun things to do than just finish a product at 40%.
    If we did that we wouldn't have lost any numbers in this community.

And if we want to hold on our numbers we have so far and not lose any more members of FC we should come up with a solution asap. Like i earlier said change the warmap to official 343 maps and in the meantime we are playing on that warmap the forge department can find some real good competitive halo 5 forge maps and forge them if needed. and our test department is going to test those maps before putting maps in a warmap.

I recall at the point of map selection someone raised the point that midway through selection there was a large abundance of forged maps. I'd prefer more disc bound maps or H5 unique maps in order to match up to the gameplay and mechanics of H5
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

What concerns me the most, on the warmap was a map that to most of Ghost found to be unplayable in everyway. Other members in FC also expressed dislike for it aswell. So what about the other maps? are they just as bad? Are you going to use the excuse "That's the way map played in this previous iteration of Halo."

I will not advertise for a unfinished product, I will not encourage other members to deal with it and hope it gets better at a later date. I will however support in testing the current forge maps we have on the warmap, but those maps deemed broken need to be taken out asap. Dealing with it now and changing it for a future war will not do. I believe in the members in this community, we will work together to test these maps for you. This isn't the only problem we have in FC, but this is a problem that needs to be dealt with in a timely manner.

I would like to direct you over to this forum here: http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdispla...rge-Department

The Forge Department is only 5 people and they can only do so much on their own. Mythonian is the lead for the department and I know he is always looking for people to help out. You can either post over there or PM him on the site or Skype. You don't have to be a forger to help out in the Forge Department (though it helps). Sometimes just having a group of people to regular test maps is all they need.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    I would like to direct you over to this forum here: http://fcwars.net/forums/forumdispla...rge-Department

The Forge Department is only 5 people and they can only do so much on their own. Mythonian is the lead for the department and I know he is always looking for people to help out. You can either post over there or PM him on the site or Skype. You don't have to be a forger to help out in the Forge Department (though it helps). Sometimes just having a group of people to regular test maps is all they need.
    Will joining the Forge department solve the issues with the maps THIS WAR, or will they be addressed the next war? The issues being broken spawns, maps not fitting our new Spartan abilities, weapon and vehicle placement and flow of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by L0rd Kanti View Post
    Will joining the Forge department solve the issues with the maps THIS WAR, or will they be addressed the next war? The issues being broken spawns, maps not fitting our new Spartan abilities, weapon and vehicle placement and flow of the map.
    The spawns aren't brokennnnnn >>>>>>>>>>............... ..........>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

They are, the spawns for some of remakes are made to represent a past iteration of Halo. Halo 5 may share the same core spawning with previous Halo's but is vastly different from the earlier ones such as Halo 1 and Halo 2. Do not make the argument that is how the spawns were for previous Halo's. This isn't a previous Halo, we have more abilities, different weapons and each change causes a ripple that will effect the entire flow of the map down to its spawns. So what might pass as a fair spawn placement in the past, may not work here in the now.

Even 343 messes up there spawns, and they are willing to acknowledge that, monitor and make changes. For example check out the mess that is Warzone assault on Urban.

Thread Information