View Poll Results: Which Player Stats best approximate player skill? (PICK UP TO 5)

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Total Games

2 6.67%
  • Total Wins

4 13.33%
  • Total Losses

0 0%
  • Total Ties

3 10.00%
  • Win%

11 36.67%
  • Total Kills

2 6.67%
  • Kills per Game

14 46.67%
  • Total Assists

5 16.67%
  • Assists per Game

9 30.00%
  • Deaths

3 10.00%
  • Kills minus Deaths

3 10.00%
  • Kills per Death

5 16.67%
  • (Kills and Assists) per Death

22 73.33%
  • Total Damage Dealt

6 20.00%
  • Damage per Game

6 20.00%
  • Damage per Death

4 13.33%
  • Total Shots Fired

0 0%
  • Total Hits

1 3.33%
  • Accuracy (Hits per Shot)

11 36.67%
  • Total Flags Scored

2 6.67%
  • Total Strongholds Captured

5 16.67%
  • Number of Bombs Scored

2 6.67%
  • Total Oddball Hold Time

4 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Choosing MVP

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Choosing MVP

Hey everybody, in case you didn't know, our Statbook now has a Player Stats page! (Navigate over to the Player Stats tab near the bottom of the Google Doc if it hasn't already done so for you!) Myth, with the help of some of the other savvy members of the community, put together a script to called stats directly from 343's database, so no more manual entry! All we have to do is enter the Game IDs, which takes very little time at all, but even that has been meticulously upkept by Legendary Nova and Mythonian both.

At the top left of the Player Stats page, you can enter up to four Gamertags of FC members to see their Battle Night statistics laid out.

Now that this feature is nearly entirely autonomous, we can start thinking about doing the Top 10s again! But we need your help. While most of the Top 10 leaderboards will be made up of raw numbers from the Player Stats page, the MVP award needs to encompass all areas of player acuity and dedication to FC Wars. So cast your vote! What are the five most important stats from the player stats page when determining player skill?

EDIT: Also don't forget! A poll about Battle Night event days is open to votes! I don't want this topic to overshadow another fantastic community poll, go vote!
    Last edited by Jam Cliché; 03-23-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Re: Choosing MVP

(Kills+assists)/death, damage dealt/death, or total damage dealt are pretty good.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

I'd personally steer clear of "Total" stats, since that naturally just favours whoever has the most games. I'd see "Per Game" stats as much more indicative.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

An alternative solution: MVPs based on squad nomination.

The idea of MVP as it is and was before emphasized all the wrong things we should look for in FC members. It would basically just cycle between the same 4-5 people, was never a surprise, and never related to anything that defined the MVP as being someone who holistically contributed to the community as a "valuable" person.

MVP shouldn't be reserved for the same 4-5 people who know how to rack up kills/points anymore IMO. I'd suggest squad leaders/officers in general nominate people who either did significantly well over a period of time compared to what was expected of them and be chosen, so it's not always "Oh, great, the guy from VbD//Legacy is MVP again". Stats are fine, but with the way MVP has always been done, we're actively awarding those who play like complete killjoys.

Just a thought. If sticking to the old, ka/d can't really be beat.

Also Jam, some of these choices! "Total Ties"? Go home, you're drunk.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post

The idea of MVP as it is and was before emphasized all the wrong things we should look for in FC members. It would basically just cycle between the same 4-5 people, was never a surprise, and never related to anything that defined the MVP as being someone who holistically contributed to the community as a "valuable" person.

MVP shouldn't be reserved for the same 4-5 people who know how to rack up kills/points anymore IMO. I'd suggest squad leaders/officers in general nominate people who either did significantly well over a period of time compared to what was expected of them and be chosen, so it's not always "Oh, great, the guy from VbD//Legacy is MVP again". Stats are fine, but with the way MVP has always been done, we're actively awarding those who play like complete killjoys.

Just a thought. If sticking to the old, ka/d can't really be beat.
    Not a bad idea. Previously, nominations like that led to awards like Medal of Honor, not MVP. But it doesn't mean something can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Nova View Post
    I'd personally steer clear of "Total" stats, since that naturally just favours whoever has the most games. I'd see "Per Game" stats as much more indicative.
    Also Jam, some of these choices! "Total Ties"? Go home, you're drunk.
    And also, the choices are the stats the Player Stats page. It would be wrong to not include everything, even if some might be too obvious as bad candidates.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Can I change my vote? I didn't see total ties as an option.

I think the number of ties should be the only factor in determining the MVP.

Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    Can I change my vote? I didn't see total ties as an option.

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

Quote Originally Posted by Jam Cliché View Post
    Not a bad idea. Previously, nominations like that led to awards like Medal of Honor, not MVP. But it doesn't mean something can't be done.

And also, the choices are the stats the Player Stats page. It would be wrong to not include everything, even if some might be too obvious as bad candidates.
    I see both Anarchy and Jam's views here, but since medal of honor is usually dictated by high-com, I think it'd be fine to have the community vote on an MVP so there is still a little bit of a difference between the two.

Or:
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I need you guys to never change.
    You are significantly more likable than me

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&use  rid=3628&dateline=1407905  356

H4 Recv5 CO Recognition-DSR

[URL=http://minus.com/i/WhKTFFwt5awt]
    *Instert legally binding skype chat about Donkey buying me an X1*

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

I think "mindlessly throwing yourself at the enemy flag to keep it alive and dying a lot without any kills" should determine MVP. IMO >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    I see both Anarchy and Jam's views here, but since medal of honor is usually dictated by high-com, I think it'd be fine to have the community vote on an MVP so there is still a little bit of a difference between the two.

Anyone?

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Thread Information