Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Suggestion: Team Field Marshall elections

I like this idea a lot. Fuck it. It'll get rid of the stagnation. For better or worse we'll have a set path to the future rather than convoluted mediocrity.

Might find a way to make the WD selection independent so someone is holding the others somewhat accountable and is at least a little independent.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Sounds interesting. It's definitely worth seeing how it'd work in practice. I'd be up for using it after this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Remalf View Post
    I like it, the question is, will WC vote it out?
    Eh, actually, he brings up a very valid point. Don't think it'd work out, so we shouldn't rock the vote boat. Instead, we can vote on our favorite dead memes and have them as FMs. That'd work out much better IMO.

Such as "The Line" and "Total Ties for MVP" as the FMs. Would be a glorious war.

It's 3 am and I have no idea what my mind was thinking when I wrote the above.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

#TotalTies2016
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

This couldn't be worse than the current system. I'm all for trying it.

I would like to nominate W3z4b1 and Mos Deaf for the FM team.

Only real way to see it work, is to try it out. At the end of its trial run, the community can then decide what they prefer.

This is a interesting idea, it may make WC more efficient but not as effective.

My main concern is if we have two people with the same views, we may not give us the best solutions for situations.

For example george lucas, in the original trilogy he had people with different opinions and views as him and because of that we had a classic trilogy. fastforward to the prequels and he has a bunch of yes men and well you know what happend next.

All im saying is a wider range of perspective is good when deciding what is best for the community.
    HighLight is the best player in vbd.

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?u=1093&type=sig  pic&dateline=1375446743

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    This is a interesting idea, it may make WC more efficient but not as effective.

My main concern is if we have two people with the same views, we may not give us the best solutions for situations.

For example george lucas, in the original trilogy he had people with different opinions and views as him and because of that we had a classic trilogy. fastforward to the prequels and he has a bunch of yes men and well you know what happend next.

All im saying is a wider range of perspective is good when deciding what is best for the community.
    advisement can be handled by high com and officers, and War directors are still a thing.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

why not have an FM run with their Gen much like a President and VP? Allows for more transparency and will let people choose who will take over in the case of an FMs absence
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

The idea is to remove conflicts between the two armies, or at least, lessen them. Running as FM/general would probably INCREASE tensions, as both sides will be further locked into their respective sides, seeing the other side as the enemy, etc.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

So instead of hating one imcompetent FM, We can hate two? oh yes im all about this
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Thread Information