Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Re: Suggestion: Team Field Marshall elections

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    All im saying is a wider range of perspective is good when deciding what is best for the community.
    It seems like we have a wider range of perspectives currently, and I'm not sure I would say the state of the community currently is very good.

Blog Posts

Personally, I'm against community voted FMs as I think each Army should be voting for their own FM, but I think its an interesting idea to say the least. I think it brings in some negative politics of needing to run with someone electable in order to win, or the two people both being from the same Army yet one of them will be running the opposite Army sort of thing (people are going to want to be represented by someone from their Army, not the other one).
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Such as "The Line" and "Total Ties for MVP" as the FMs. Would be a glorious war.
    Myth you are on a roll today.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Remalf View Post
    I like it, the question is, will WC vote it out?
    So when WC discusses Suggestions like this Do they Have the Person who posted the suggestion in the Discussion with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Drth spartan View Post
    So when WC discusses Suggestions like this Do they Have the Person who posted the suggestion in the Discussion with them?
    Generally not, no. Though, that can be a good suggestion on it's own.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    So instead of hating one imcompetent FM, We can hate two? oh yes im all about this
    lol
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    So instead of hating one imcompetent FM, We can hate two? oh yes im all about this
    394.jpg
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Personally, I'm against community voted FMs as I think each Army should be voting for their own FM, but I think its an interesting idea to say the least. I think it brings in some negative politics of needing to run with someone electable in order to win, or the two people both being from the same Army yet one of them will be running the opposite Army sort of thing (people are going to want to be represented by someone from their Army, not the other one).
    That also brings up a point of how the voting system would even work. Because not only do you have to find two people that would like to run together but you would also have people jumping ranks in order to get this to work. For instance a High com member of Blue might not see eye to eye with any other Redd High com so in order to make that pair he might select someone from their officer core. Not saying its a bad thing but just might bring bad blood between certain members that worked hard for the position that wants it.

Overall on the idea I don't think its a bad one. I'm just trying to play devils advocate.

Creator of Vanquish
    #BlameFuzzy

[12:58:35 AM] Silky Tits: Fuzz
    [12:58:46 AM] Silky Tits: Have you ever eaten shit?
    [12:59:02 AM] Greg: Well I have listened to your words for so long

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

I can see the merge of the elections being a little touchy, and finding a partner from the other army seems unlikely to happen consistently, but I think it'd ante up comradery for HC decisions. Definitely worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I would like to nominate W3z4b1 and Mos Deaf for the FM team.
    \[T]/
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I need you guys to never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    You are significantly more likable than me

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&use  rid=3628&dateline=1407905  356

H4 Recv5 CO Recognition-DSR

[URL=http://minus.com/i/WhKTFFwt5awt]
    *Instert legally binding skype chat about Donkey buying me an X1*

Useless without Toast Jam Cliché's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: jamcliche

Quote Originally Posted by Relapsive View Post
    That also brings up a point of how the voting system would even work. Because not only do you have to find two people that would like to run together but you would also have people jumping ranks in order to get this to work. For instance a High com member of Blue might not see eye to eye with any other Redd High com so in order to make that pair he might select someone from their officer core. Not saying its a bad thing but just might bring bad blood between certain members that worked hard for the position that wants it.

Overall on the idea I don't think its a bad one. I'm just trying to play devils advocate.
    It's definitely not a decision to make lightly if we're considering precedent, but if we decide to make it a one-time "Experiment" with no guarantees that it would become the norm, it takes away some of the potential drawback.

With the community sized as it currently is, I don't see any harm whatsoever in restricting anyone in the community from running, which would mean this "teams" bit could be doable. But even if it sets no precedent, we'd have to be sure that everyone in the community is prepared to accept the result for the duration of a war.

Real power comes from the man next to you and is built on the foundations of brotherhood and unity. There is no such thing as a one man army.

Thread Information