Thread: Forum Cleanups

Forum Cleanups

I'll put it bluntly, We have the archives for a reason and I don't think Having threads that have been around since the Halo 3 days are doing us any good. Some of the subforums Are kept pretty well up to date, Like the Attack Plans/Battle results forums, but others, well... Search through the suggestions forum. Polls on whether or not to keep the boltshot, or how to set up loadouts for halo: reach will never be relevant again. We have Vbookie stuff and events from 2011. None of that is any use to us, and more importantly, is a really, really big annoyance to me for no perceivable reason.

I motion that for general maintenance, we should archive everything that came before, let's be a little conservative and say MCC. We can make a few exceptions, like the graphics department, those images are actually still relevant-ish and usable by anyone who wants to use them after all.

I'm aware that i'm probably one of the only ones who cares about doing this, but I must suggest it nonetheless.

Edit, and while i'm at it, we have people that haven't logged in in years on our member list, some of which have made their intentions to never come back very clear. Going through that couldn't really hurt.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Re: Forum Cleanups

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

I think this is completely unnecessary.

I would much rather see the time spent cleaning up the forums spent working to fix many of the other more pressing problems in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    I think this is completely unnecessary.

I would much rather see the time spent cleaning up the forums spent working to fix many of the other more pressing problems in the community.
    INDULGE MY OBSESSIONS DAMMIT.

I'd do it myself, like i sort of but not really did the forge department, but I sadly lack Admin, and using the method i used for that doesn't seem like it would work on a large scale... There are still a bunch of things in the forge department that haven't even been properly archived. (you can't see them though.)
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

I think more of the annoyance is that there are subsections that are so rarely used, posts from 5 years ago still appear on its page 1.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

I'm honestly really against this, having older forums i.e. the ability to go back through suggestions gives us more of a storied history not to mention its fun to look back on and see how it shaped the community.

Not to mention the suggestions should be kept to avoid duplicates
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

Forum Cleanups

Make the archives into its own forum. Throwing everything into the archives without any structure would be like the church history in the Vatican thrown all over the floor rather than the nice categorization and file system they have. I agree with Solus and this would be a win win situation since now the archives is where all the history is categorized. Essentially have subforums like "Battle Plans/Results" or "Past suggestions"
    "Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now."

Jamming this into here as well for discussion, the calendar has way too many birthdays.

calendar

Despite The fact that few people use or probably even know of the calendar, I was thinking of trying to once again organize practices and skirmishes and whatnot using it. Unfortunately, I quickly realized that the calendar is way too god damn crowded. We have 4600 registered members on this site, most of which haven't been here in years, and having even a fraction of that number's birthday's crowding the calendar is silly. It would be impossible to pick out anything of actual importance on there
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Thread Information