Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

What happened to FC while I was away?

Does this post belong here? If not, my bad boo.

I just wanna know WHAT HAPPENED to FC? I have been gone for awhile obviously, since 2013-ish, so please help me understand what happened to this community that I use to get hyped over.

I have played one game last BN, was fun. Everyone was chill and respectful, good times like old times. But it wasn't until talking to a few people that I realized that the community doesn't have hardly anyone anymore. I love this community, it saved Halo 4 for me (game was shit but FC revived that Halo spark for me). I've met people through here who are now very good friends of mine. I don't want it going down the shitter path so many other communities have done (looking at you HaloUnity). This may be one of the oldest, if not oldest communities for Halo left. FC is a damn fossil compared to 3/4 of Halo community nowadays, and that's a good thing! This community brings people together through casual and competitive gaming, and it would be a shame for Halo to lose that.

So what happened to FC? Why is it on life support, and why aren't we, as the community, doing everything we can to save it? It doesn't help having new people see the state it's in either, I have buds who were interested but sorta brushed it off once they seen it's only a handful of people. Potential players are backing off because they see a community that's tanking.

I hate to be the doom and gloom guy, but it only took me three days to notice the state of the community and the direction it's heading in...and if I can see it, anyone can (I'm a Kentuckian, we aren't bright).

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Re: What happened to FC while I was away?

Many people lose interest simply from the product that 343i has been releasing, others may have been worn out from imbalanced battle nights or long wait times. *At least those were the problems when I was most active, they do seem to be a common response*

I've probably played 1 battle night in the last 6 months, sad I know. But I had a blast. For some of us (myself included) life just gets in the way. Currently I am working 2 jobs and just trying to keep my head above water in the tail end of getting my bachelors degree. I'm just so busy I barely have time to get on xbox during the week, let alone Sundays.

Ask Toast
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Does this post belong here? If not, my bad boo.

I just wanna know WHAT HAPPENED to FC? I have been gone for awhile obviously, since 2013-ish, so please help me understand what happened to this community that I use to get hyped over.

I have played one game last BN, was fun. Everyone was chill and respectful, good times like old times. But it wasn't until talking to a few people that I realized that the community doesn't have hardly anyone anymore. I love this community, it saved Halo 4 for me (game was shit but FC revived that Halo spark for me). I've met people through here who are now very good friends of mine. I don't want it going down the shitter path so many other communities have done (looking at you HaloUnity). This may be one of the oldest, if not oldest communities for Halo left. FC is a damn fossil compared to 3/4 of Halo community nowadays, and that's a good thing! This community brings people together through casual and competitive gaming, and it would be a shame for Halo to lose that.

So what happened to FC? Why is it on life support, and why aren't we, as the community, doing everything we can to save it? It doesn't help having new people see the state it's in either, I have buds who were interested but sorta brushed it off once they seen it's only a handful of people. Potential players are backing off because they see a community that's tanking.

I hate to be the doom and gloom guy, but it only took me three days to notice the state of the community and the direction it's heading in...and if I can see it, anyone can (I'm a Kentuckian, we aren't bright).
    From what I understand during MCC they took a massive hit to population. A good portion of us are doing what we can to help, Recruiting, making forum posts, etc. However we aren't recruiting faster than we are losing, from most of what new recruits have told me when they leave is that we aren't providing a Fun first experience in FC. First Impressions are everything, and it is unfortunate we cannot provide them with that.

As it stands from my Point of View, Battle Night is unbalanced and the current theme of recruiting to help alleviate the imbalance is no longer going to work. With BN being our Big recruiting push, it needs to be fun and balanced right now and not later when we have more people. Unless we can provide new recruits an enjoyable experience they will not want to stay.

Unfortunately we're at the point now where we can't recruit low skilled people because they come to battle night and get completely shit on. If there was a diverse range of skill in each army (which there absolutely isn't), we would fix a very big issue. That being said, I think a lot of people can admit that they only keep coming to battle night to keep FC alive.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

A lot of the same issues that were around when you were here last, that were never fixed, and everyone just kind of took a "wait and see" approach, which didn't work. Things got worse, and everyone was still too timid to make major changes that would fix anything. We grew a mindset to replace people as they left without solving the problem, if i could make a simile here, everyone wanted to scoop the water flooding the boat out without repairing the hole.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    A lot of the same issues that were around when you were here last, that were never fixed, and everyone just kind of took a "wait and see" approach, which didn't work. Things got worse, and everyone was still too timid to make major changes that would fix anything. We grew a mindset to replace people as they left without solving the problem, if i could make a simile here, everyone wanted to scoop the water flooding the boat out without repairing the hole.
    That is a metaphor! But it is a good one, I like it, and it does seem to describe the situation at float.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    That is a metaphor! But it is a good one, I like it, and it does seem to describe the situation at float.
    fucks sake, I changed it from metaphor to simile specifically because I wanted to write "it's like" instead of it is and then forgot to actually do that.
    le sigh

#rektmyself
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    fucks sake, I changed it from metaphor to simile specifically because I wanted to write "it's like" instead of it is and then forgot to actually do that.
    le sigh

#rektmyself
    May quote this.

Good work boys

"Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most, live the longest."

Thread Information