• No Draft

15 34.88%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Draft

Push! We have nothing left to lose!
    Muffin Clan

Stuck at an outpost, trying to get host, all of my ammo spent killing you~

Re: Draft

I agree with Nervy that FC needs to have an Overhaul. I feel this discussion we are having is good. Gets the ball rolling and works the Ol' Noodle, of which I mean brain.

On the highlight,summer is like 2 weeks away for me. So I've got a span of a Summer to help in anyway I can.

I'm kinda tired of people voting for change when they don't show up for battle nights..........

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by CAW0139 View Post
    I'm kinda tired of people voting for change when they don't show up for battle nights..........
    I love you CAW.

Push! We have nothing left to lose!
    Muffin Clan

Stuck at an outpost, trying to get host, all of my ammo spent killing you~

Quote Originally Posted by CAW0139 View Post
    While that's true some people just don't want to come back until there is change.

Mystery Meats Co-Founder Platinum's Avatar
    Blog Posts

Step one of the overhaul of FC is the toughest. The biggest problem in FC is us. Our broken system that caused problems, our inability to ever agree on a change, our council.

I'm not shitting on anyone, I understand it must be tough going against personal agendas or those of friends. But holy shit, democracy is absolute trash when trying to decide or compromise. There shouldn't be a system where both sides are represented in decision making, should be one person who makes decisions. Decisions solely based on the good of the community, not of individuals or peoples feelings. Someone doesn't like a decision? Then they can leave and come back when they understand that in life, you don't always get what you want.

Our decision making system is so flawed, it resembles the US Congress on lawmaking. Nobody will agree to a solution that goes against their own agenda, even if it better the community as a whole. Again, not shitting on anyone because I've done it too. However, I realized that the shit I use to pull is related to the death of FC. I know we are all guilty of it, and it's our responsibility to fix the shit we made.

I obviously care about FC. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste my time trying to push the only true solution through to you all. It's like beating a dead horse at this point, yet here we are.

We need to swallow our pride, admit we fucked up, and fix this before the name Forerunner Conflict is in a column next to HaloUnity, HaloCustoms, THC.

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Step one of the overhaul of FC is the toughest. The biggest problem in FC is us. Our broken system that caused problems, our inability to ever agree on a change, our council.

I'm not shitting on anyone, I understand it must be tough going against personal agendas or those of friends. But holy shit, democracy is absolute trash when trying to decide or compromise. There shouldn't be a system where both sides are represented in decision making, should be one person who makes decisions. Decisions solely based on the good of the community, not of individuals or peoples feelings. Someone doesn't like a decision? Then they can leave and come back when they understand that in life, you don't always get what you want.

Our decision making system is so flawed, it resembles the US Congress on lawmaking. Nobody will agree to a solution that goes against their own agenda, even if it better the community as a whole. Again, not shitting on anyone because I've done it too. However, I realized that the shit I use to pull is related to the death of FC. I know we are all guilty of it, and it's our responsibility to fix the shit we made.

I obviously care about FC. If I didn't, I wouldn't waste my time trying to push the only true solution through to you all. It's like beating a dead horse at this point, yet here we are.

We need to swallow our pride, admit we fucked up, and fix this before the name Forerunner Conflict is in a column next to HaloUnity, HaloCustoms, THC.
    Completely agree.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

So for those interested in being involved in fixing shit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...lAnK53e0siLhVk

It is setup so that anyone can add comments directly to the document. It's obviously a work-in-progress and only the beginning is written out, but I want this to be a cooperative endeavor to find a solution that gets the job done and also works for as many people as possible.

I'm starting by diagnosing the current issues in the community, trying to break them down as far as I can into WHY things are as they are. How did <insert issue here> start? What is the underlying cause of the problems? Basically, I want to be sure that when things get fixed, they get fully fixed, not some half-assed change that in six months looks exactly the same as things currently are.

If you think I'm misdiagnosing something, or that some bit of logic is flawed, or if there's something else fundamental that I've overlooked, add comments about it, or message me directly. I'd much rather find out I messed something up now than after I write another 10 pages.

I've got some brainstormed solutions that will be added in full detail over the next few days, aimed at correcting the problems and issues that I'm finding. It's a lot of writing, so I haven't gotten to them yet, and don't message me asking "how will you fix <x>" because I'll just say "I'll be writing that portion in a few days" probably. However, you can message me saying other things, like "don't forget about issue <x>," or "your statement about <x> doesn't make sense," or "I disagree with <x>," etc.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

I read through that google doc and I have to say, if literally everything is going to happen on skype then it should be mandatory. I was under the impression it was optional when I signed up but there's nothing happening on these forums.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    So for those interested in being involved in fixing shit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...lAnK53e0siLhVk

It is setup so that anyone can add comments directly to the document. It's obviously a work-in-progress and only the beginning is written out, but I want this to be a cooperative endeavor to find a solution that gets the job done and also works for as many people as possible.

I'm starting by diagnosing the current issues in the community, trying to break them down as far as I can into WHY things are as they are. How did <insert issue here> start? What is the underlying cause of the problems? Basically, I want to be sure that when things get fixed, they get fully fixed, not some half-assed change that in six months looks exactly the same as things currently are.

If you think I'm misdiagnosing something, or that some bit of logic is flawed, or if there's something else fundamental that I've overlooked, add comments about it, or message me directly. I'd much rather find out I messed something up now than after I write another 10 pages.

I've got some brainstormed solutions that will be added in full detail over the next few days, aimed at correcting the problems and issues that I'm finding. It's a lot of writing, so I haven't gotten to them yet, and don't message me asking "how will you fix <x>" because I'll just say "I'll be writing that portion in a few days" probably. However, you can message me saying other things, like "don't forget about issue <x>," or "your statement about <x> doesn't make sense," or "I disagree with <x>," etc.
    Very good write up so far Myth. I wanted to say thank you for all your input into the community, you've definitely been the rock that this community has been placed on for quite some time.

As far as Recruits go, my only opinion so far is to add sort of a "welcome wagon" for new recruits. Basically, a group of people who volunteer and their responsibility is to make sure they send a recruit a welcome message over Xbox and maybe add them and play a few games with them so the recruit is not missed and ignored if they join us from a forum post or something.

Also, is your idea of one big island basically the removal of Squads and just having the Army which makes teams the night of battle night? I would caution against that as I feel Squads give people a creative necessity in this community, and serve as a way to organize an Army once it becomes larger.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information