5 11.63%
  • Player Draft

23 53.49%
  • No Draft

15 34.88%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Draft

Re: Draft

Myth,You have done well. I personally don't like Skype. Messaging sites seem to dampen what we mean in a convo. for example. If you have an army chat..and two or three people don't particulary *like* one another then they start arguing in the chats. Then instant drama that has chance at damaging the community further apears and if it is not resolved in the *right* way we could lose people.

And like you said the WC did seem to have a unknown air about it I noted the same thing when I first heard about it.. I enjoyed not knowing much about it. It made things for me intriguing.

Verboten's welcome wagon Idea is one that I like. It would give everyone a sense of being fully accepted,and it would give them an idea of numbers and it would also show them how many new people will be introduced into their gaming life.
    Starting over seems army team wise, it seems a little iffy but like you mentioned Myth about the forest thing. It may work in the community's favor.However instead of cleaning the slate fully maybe I have a few suggestions to obeserve and comtemplate over.

--- I'm suprised there is no event where Squads fight other squads XD Blue on Blue Red On Red. it would be intresting and could qualify as practice. Maybe have an event where 3 members of a Squad visit another Squad. Like for example *note I'm not sure about the squads so I'm going to use old and past squads as an example.* #3 guys from Renegade visit Ghost While some from Ghost may visit Renegade. or better yet have the squad go into matchmaking together. And fight side by side . Another Idea that I personally like is to have a bio on each squad. One explaining its'self. On a enlistmean page maybe? And the recruits who find their own way here or want to join but to not be in the same teams as their friends (I know a few people who would do that) and get to pick a squad based on their play style. All of these ideas are simply ideas so don't be offened if one of my ideas bother you. XD
    Suprised nobody was tryna suggest something like a Green Army, That activelly fights I mean. XD I wouldnt reccomend it but it is an intresting thought. XD

Also the Squads who wanna stick to the old ways where I hear it was strict at one point. Could operate their squad strict or how they see fit. Let the squads pick their practices and what they do for practices XD
    Last edited by Mays Demise; 05-14-2016 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Oh gawd the typos. XD

How easy would it be to make group chats on the FC site?
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    As far as Recruits go, my only opinion so far is to add sort of a "welcome wagon" for new recruits. Basically, a group of people who volunteer and their responsibility is to make sure they send a recruit a welcome message over Xbox and maybe add them and play a few games with them so the recruit is not missed and ignored if they join us from a forum post or something.
    Definitely. I had a similar idea and merged it a bit with some other ideas. It'll be in Phase 3 or 4.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Also, is your idea of one big island basically the removal of Squads and just having the Army which makes teams the night of battle night? I would caution against that as I feel Squads give people a creative necessity in this community, and serve as a way to organize an Army once it becomes larger.
    Not quite. I probably need to go back and re-word it a bit. The reasons squads were "islands" is because they're very isolated right now. I want to remove the isolation aspect, hence making it "one giant island" instead of many, but the existence of squads will still be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskTillDawnNs View Post
    --- I'm suprised there is no event where Squads fight other squads XD Blue on Blue Red On Red. it would be intresting and could qualify as practice. Maybe have an event where 3 members of a Squad visit another Squad. Like for example *note I'm not sure about the squads so I'm going to use old and past squads as an example.* #3 guys from Renegade visit Ghost While some from Ghost may visit Renegade. or better yet have the squad go into matchmaking together. And fight side by side .
    Well, usually each army holds weekly Squad Scrimmages and use it for practicing and preparing a day or so before Battles. Also, if one army outnumbers another during Battles, we can have intra-army matches (i.e., B v B and/or R v R) so that those squads aren't just sitting in a lobby wasting time.

In terms of playing matchmaking, people from varying squads get on semi-frequently and just play games. It usually isn't some official event, but every now and then I hear people talking about trying to get big Warzone groups together and such. We can definitely push for it more often, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DuskTillDawnNs View Post
    Another Idea that I personally like is to have a bio on each squad. One explaining its'self. On a enlistmean page maybe? And the recruits who find their own way here or want to join but to not be in the same teams as their friends (I know a few people who would do that) and get to pick a squad based on their play style.
    I also think that recruits need a way to preview how each squad is different, and it's something I'm going to be writing more about in Phase 3/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    How easy would it be to make group chats on the FC site?
    Not entirely sure what you mean? You mean for the Chatbox or something? If we switch to Discord and embed it into the site, it can function in that way.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Not entirely sure what you mean? You mean for the Chatbox or something? If we switch to Discord and embed it into the site, it can function in that way.

I think a concept similar to that was what he meant.

PS i'm 10000000% in favour of a discord embed.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    PS i'm 10000000% in favour of a discord embed.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    In terms of playing matchmaking, people from varying squads get on semi-frequently and just play games. It usually isn't some official event, but every now and then I hear people talking about trying to get big Warzone groups together and such. We can definitely push for it more often, though.
    I like doing those big warzone groups, but people need to remember we all have different views on what we consider the META playstyle for Warzone is.

Thread Information