Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Nova's 1v1 Double Elimination Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by riphelix View Post
    I would if I wasn't absolute ass at Halo.
    I wouldn't mind watching everyone's matches tho.
    I'll be streaming my matches. If i have some waiting time, i'll try to spectate and commentate other matches.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Honestly I think it's too hard to get everyone on at the same time to play a tournament, this way should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    I'll be streaming my matches. If i have some waiting time, i'll try to spectate and commentate other matches.
    i'll be trying to stream/commentate from the quarter finals on. We should team up when possible.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

is there a start date for when we can start the 1v1s

Quote Originally Posted by Drth spartan View Post
    is there a start date for when we can start the 1v1s
    Nova's doing a thing. apparently not till after that.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    i'll be trying to stream/commentate from the quarter finals on. We should team up when possible.
    yeah im down.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

yeah im down.
    nice usergroup m9
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

"I WANNA PLAY!"

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    Sounds good guys. I'll be tuning in.
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

Hey guys, the tournament is having a major overhaul. There was way too many people interested in this to have a double elimination bracket so we're changing it to a two-stage phase. Due to the scale of the tournament, Metkil has volunteered to help with the scheduling and other stuff. Have a quick look at the revised rules below and please message myself or Metkil if you have any problems with the new rules.

http://fcwars.challonge.com/Novas1v1

This will be a 1v1 two-stage tournament open to anyone (that includes everyone from FC as well as others outside it). You can sign up to it personally by clicking here or if you don't want to make an account I can add you myself so just post in this thread or send me a PM. There are only two slots available in the tournament, after which are filled or at Sunday 10pm EST the rosters will lock. There will now be two stages to this tournament. The first stage will be a grouped round robin stage. The groups will have four members. The best two members from each group will continue to the second bracket stage which will be a double elimination stage.

• It is the responsibility of both participants to set up a match in a timely manner in order to allow the tournament to progress.
    • If neither participant is able to set up a game in a timely manner, the match will be forfeited by both members.
    • A participant may report a non-compliant partner who is unwilling to play a match by messaging myself.
    • If the participant in question is found to not comply with the first dot point they will forfeit the match and the remaining participant will become the victor.
    • The host of the game will be the participant listed as the top player on the Challonge brackets.
    • The participant not hosting the match will have the choice of team color (either red or blue), with the host playing on the other team.
    • The "Nova's Official 1v1 Rules" gametype must be used for all games. It can be found by clicking the link or on my (L3g3ndarY NovA) fileshare in game.
    • Standard FC Accords are in effect. That includes stuff like T-Bagging.
    • If any game ends in a tie between both participants, it will be replayed on the same map, but with participants on opposite teams.

• Stage one will be a round robin using groups of four participants.
    • The best two players from each group advance to the second stage.
    • All matchups will be best of 1.
    • Any 343 official symmetrical arena map may be played. The map to be chosen will be decided by an agreement of both participants. If the participants cannot come to an agreement the map will be selected randomly.
    • Each round of the first stage will have a deadline of one week after starting, meaning the full round robin will be complete in a maximum of three weeks. (Eg. Round 1 is due by the end of week one and so on.)

• Stage two will be a double elimination bracket using the best two players from each group in the first stage.
    • The first two rounds of the bracket play (first two from both the winner and loser brackets) will be best of one.
    • During these first two rounds any official 343 symmetrical arena map may be played. The map to be chosen will be decided by an agreement of both participants. If the participants cannot come to an agreement the map will be selected randomly.
    • The first two rounds of the bracket play will be up to the participants to schedule. Each round will be given one week to complete.
    • From the semifinals onwards (including losers semifinals onwards) the matches will be best of three.
    • The maps to be played in these rounds will always be randomly selected.
    • The matches will have a pre-set time to be played as they will be streamed live on the Forerunner Conflict twitch channel.

Report the scores of each game by sending me a private message on this site. Please include a screenshot of the post-game carnage report or a link to a halotracker report for verification.

GLHFDFTSTFA
    Last edited by Legendary Nova; 05-30-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Thread Information