Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

The Return of DOOM

DOOM one of the oldest and most notorious shooter franchises of all time has finally made a return after a 12 year hiatus. Personally I could not be more excited. I've been a DOOM fan since the original and I've played most of the games (DOOM, DOOM 2, Ultimate DOOM, DOOM 3 & Resurrection of Evil). DOOM 3 & Resurrection of Evil were both fun but pretty different from the original series. They went after more of a horror element and focused heavily on lighting and atmosphere. The new DOOM, or DOOM 4 as some people call it goes back to the original fast paced hectic action of the original series only in HD graphics.

Does anybody have it? What are your impressions of the campaign & multiplayer? My brother described it as Geometry Wars in hell and I thought that was a pretty accurate description. The campaign is so fast and action packed. I like the multiplayer too, it has a vintage Unreal Tournament or Quake feel to it which is really refreshing from all the Battlefied, CoD, or Titanfall type shooters out there.

Re: The Return of DOOM

Honestly I had no idea this was a game. Sounds cool though

Quote Originally Posted by Drth spartan View Post
    You didn't see the advertisements? Holy hell, how did you do that? hahaha
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Doom has been fun as hell, just wish I had more time to play it

Blog Posts

Love love LOOOOOVEEE it!!!!!!!! I haven't had this much genuine fun in a game in a pretty long time. The campaign is awesome, fast paced chaos like it used to be. I haven't played the multiplayer yet other than when the beta was out but it reminded me a lot of Quake; another one of my childhood favorites.
    "Pollen is bee semen, right?" -PolychromeVirus, 2016

"Your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion. Steeled themselves for what needed to be done.
    I see now why they left you behind. You were weak, and gods must be strong." -Prophet of Truth

Rocket Whore
    The Imperial Phoenix
    Professional Teabagger
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drth spartan View Post

Check out some youtube videos of gameplay. It's such a blast. Sometimes there's just so many demons coming at you on screen it can get really hectic. Definitely worth buying IMO.

Thread Information