RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

FC:Res2 FM Elections

Voting has CLOSED. Results have been tallied as follows:

-- AbnormallyLilith and Legendary Nova : 29 votes
    --Exiled Arkangel and Legendary Nova : 12 votes
    --Exiled Arkangel and Ominous Solace : Withdrew from election 06/25/16.
    --Solus Exsequor and Ominous Solace : Withdrew from election 06/25/16.

Congratulations to AbnormallyLilith and Legendary Nova for being elected as the new Field Marshals for the Second War of Halo 5.

Now that the war has ended and the 10th Anniversary events have concluded, we will be beginning the FM Elections for the next war. FM Elections are working a bit differently than in the past, however.

1. The elections are neutral instead of army-specific.
    2. Two individuals are running as a pair. This is to help ensure that both armies can better cooperate together in the War Council.
    3. Candidates can run in two separate pairs to provide an alternative choice for voters.
    4. The winning duo will decide among themselves who will become REDD FM and BLUE FM.
    5. Voting is done with the Single Transferable Vote concept. This means instead of just voting on a poll, you will need to reply to this thread with your vote, as follows:
    1. Your preferred choice for the future FMs.
    2. Your secondary option if your first choice loses the election.
    3. Your tertiary option if it comes to it.
    4. etc.
    6. At any time before the voting closes (June 29th at 11:59 PM EST), you are free to change your votes. Simply edit your post to do so.

Voting options are as follows:

AbnormallyLilith and Legendary Nova
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith
    When I joined FC was moving from Reach to Halo 4, I enlisted into BLUE with a friend of mine, and we both joined Terminus Squad. Within the first 2 weeks of my enlistment Terminus died, and I was transferred to Bellator, a close knit squad of good friends. I served in that unit for 9 months until i was promoted to CO. Then I proceeded to lead that squad into 2014 moving the unit to REDD. There we continued to serve but we noticed that things were starting to sour. FC was losing members, BLUE was vastly more skilled than REDD at the time. This sort of swapping a squad from one place to the other started there, it is like a bandaid though. And we were trying to band-aid a severe laceration, it looked as if it was working but blood was still seeping out and we needed to do something. Everyone was saying “Wait till Halo MCC, it will get better”, but little did we know of the shitstorm that was MCC. Nobody saw what was coming, and when it arrived, we realized that a summer of us doing nothing ended up doing more damage then all of Halo 4’s wars combined. It was at that moment I decided to do something, and by July of 2015 I was FM of REDD Army, and we did what we could for FC. But really we all were hoping that Halo 5 would bear the fruits we needed to fix up FC, and in ways it did. But in others it did not... So now we are finally at the state where we can fix FC. If I am elected alongside Nova we will do what needs to be done, no matter what it takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova
    I joined this community quite a bit later than Lilith, only finding FC in June of 2014. By that time, FC was definitely in decline, but I didn’t really notice it that much. I saw a sprawling community of people actively participating in things. There was LARP, there was lore, there was a whole bunch of chill people you could just play Halo with whenever. The squad I was put in - Divinity (now called Renegade) - was an awesome group of relaxed people who just liked playing Halo. They were welcoming to me and it made me see FC for how cool it was. Some of that is probably a distorted perception of the past, but it’s what I remember. Over time, whether it be through moving up the ranks and seeing more things exposed, or be it the community falling further down, or a combination of both, I started seeing how badly a shape FC was in, and how it was just getting worse with time. LARPs stopped running, side events and wars got cancelled due to lack of interest, and I saw more and more people see FC as a chore where you just got on for BN so you didn’t get kicked. That’s not what FC should have to be. It shouldn’t be just a chore. You should feel like you want to be here, not that you have to. When I brought my concerns about activity up to the relevant people, I always got quite a similar answer - “You can’t force people to do things,” or another version, “Why not just fix it yourself then.” Both valid points, but both miss the mark of what I’m trying to accomplish. Yes you can’t force people to play, but you shouldn’t have to force anyone to get people to show up. As for the, “do it yourself,” bit, that’s why I’m running today here with Lilith. We will make things happen to the best of our ability.
    We are both very accomplished in our own FC careers, with Nova coming into this election as the current General of BLUE and Executive Officer of Renegade and Lilith having been the Field Marshal of REDD this time last year as well as the previous XO of Ghost and CO of Bellator. We both have experience leading squads and armies and both know what we need to do to make sure this community doesn’t go under any more than it already has. Our ideas for making this happen are the same and it has been proven multiple times before how well we work together. (If you want a general idea of what we’re planning to do, read Myth’s Judgment Day Doc.) It’s going to be quite the overhaul, but we’ve come to the point where we only have two options - stagnate and let the community drown, or make some big changes to keep us afloat.

We aren’t going to be looking back on FC and seeing the ‘better times’ and trying to make it like that, no. We’re going to be looking to the future of FC, and we’re going to see what this community could become with some hard work and determination!

Exiled Arkangel and Legendary Nova
    Exiled and I have seen this place go nowhere but downhill since we both joined up, but we’re still here today because we are invested in this place and know this community can be much better than what it has been in the past few years. FC has a lot of potential to once again become a great and sprawling community, and Exiled and I both have extremely similar opinions when it comes to how to make this happen. We have come together to show you what we aim to do with our time in High Command should we get elected:

• Actually Getting Stuff Done - Both myself and Exiled share a lot of common goals about what we want to do in leadership, and we will be committed to do what we set out to do. That means that the bickering between HighComs we’ve been so accustomed to stalling the community recently wouldn’t exist. We hope to achieve more in our terms than anyone else before us in recent wars.
    • Army Equality - FC isn’t fun when you’re getting stomped on every Battle Night or when the other army outnumbers you 2 to 1. Our goal as FMs would be to run a community wide draft so we can try to make the most fun environment for everyone while still staying competitive. After the draft new recruits would go through a neutral integration and boot camp process before being put into an army based on army and individual needs.
    • Activity - Activity is a thing that FC has struggled for a while to maintain now, and a good part of the reason for that is the Battle Nights being the only ‘official’ event run by the community. We are going to remedy that with more official game nights and restructuring of the various departments. The biggest of these changes would be an overhaul of the forge department where we host official testing nights for all members of the community to provide feedback on both that week’s maps and also potential future maps.
    • Judgment Day - Along with everything we’ve mentioned here, we are also planning to use Myth’s Judgment Day doc as a guideline on how to structure and continue shaping the army as the war goes on, including the new War Council structure and ranking system.

Exiled Arkangel and Ominous Solace
    Hello FC members, my name is Exiled Arkangel and I am looking to be the next BLUE field marshal. My time in FC has been short, but I have made many fond memories with this fantastic group. I joined mid/ late MCC when getting everyone in the lobby was a struggle. During that time I lead a squad called umbra. I have fought in two wars overall. Now that you know me a little bit more lets move onto what I have planned for you all.

In my agenda I plan to fix present issues within FC. The main issues that I want to fix is the skill balance with the upcoming draft I would frequently talk to my partner about who we think needs to be changed around. Also activity we need more events other than battle nights. Such as tournaments, seed run challenges, game nights and other fun actives.

Greetings everyone. It is I, Ominous Solace. I am looking to be the next REDD Field Marshal, since my partner wishes to be the Field Marshal of BLUE. I have been in Forerunner Conflict a numerous amount of times from Halo 2 till now. I have obtained several leadership type roles from Squad Leader to Field Marshal. I have always tried to be about the player when it comes to play in FC and in Halo in general, if you aren't having fun then I want to change that. So as one of the new Field Marshals I will do my best to bring you the fun you deserve.

So as Exiled stated above, we have always had an imbalance when it came to the skill of the armies. The plan we have set is that we would do our best to distribute the skilled players evenly as well as keeping people together with their friends. However, it is not guaranteed; but the founding principle of Forerunner Conflict has always been two things; Respect and Fun with friends, so why not make some new one? Yes, I understand that some if not most of you will disagree with the possibility of being separated from your friends, but what if I told you that we would sponsor more community events; such as Game Nights, Tournaments, etc. If chosen by you the community we will do our best to make sure you get the experience you want out of FC.

No matter what, you will always come first.

This has been Ominous and Exiled, we will see you at the next war. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.

Solus Exsequor and Ominous Solace
    Greetings members of Forerunner Conflict,

Firstly we will have Solus Exsequors speech:

I would first like to personally thank every person who I have had the pleasure of encountering through the journey. It's been a long time since I joined, March 21. 2013, the day before my 16th birthday. In that long time I've been through a total of 8 squads. Ranging from my beginnings in Redwatch and Sparta up to my previous residence in Renegade as Executive Officer and then as founder of GHOST, REDD's longest serving squad spanning two whole games and four wars.

Currently all of you should know me as I recently led the REDD Army and the Empire to victory over the BLUEs. I took over from Phoenix who had to step down and since then the army has saw a turn around in many ways, this has not been done alone. A large credit has to go to my high command who have backed me in every way to create a very well oiled machine.

I have slowly risen through the ranks in FC, gradually growing my leadership skills. Within the last war of Halo 4 I had fully recruited every member of a squad and had it up and running within a week. This brings me to my first point, Recruitment. I have previously been a head D.I. I have a plan for recruitment, solving many issues we currently face - we have saw a spike in recruitment and in turn activity since my appointment as Field Marshal, I would like to continue on this. Recruitment is something that constantly is a problem, however right now it is heavily needed. All efforts are greatly appreciated as we will be looking for new D.I.s and recruitment teams.

A further problem recurring through this retention of recruits. If re-elected as Field Marshal I would hope to bring back the feeling of a welcoming army. Greater focus on events such as scrims, and game nights, currently ran by Legendary Nova. This portrays a more welcoming atmosphere as a community. Attending these in our numbers will solidify our group mentality in whichever army I would take charge of. Thus, bringing new recruits into a more welcoming environment.

Many areas within both armies could be filled with all of you willing people out there. Utilising our ranks will be another priority for me, making sure everyone is taking part and playing their role. Using those who are capable to their best ability is another move which would benefit both armies. Fleshing out these ranks will bring in further leaders, I also plan to implement further bootcamps for Officers.

You all know that this community hasn't saw the a brilliant level of numbers lately, however this can be done. My aim is to bring the community back into prosperity through adapting to a modern way of thinking. This is about having fun and wanting to come back and play.

As of now I'll hand you over to my Major General over the last war, Ominous Solace.

Greetings everyone. It is I, Ominous Solace. I have been in Forerunner Conflict a numerous amount of times from Halo 2 till now. I have obtained several leadership type roles from Squad Leader to Field Marshal. I have always tried to be about the player when it comes to play in FC and in Halo in general, if you aren't having fun then I want to change that. So as one of the new Field Marshals I will do my best to bring you the fun you deserve.

So we have always had an imbalance when it came to the skill of the armies. The plan we have set is that we would do our best to distribute the skilled players evenly as well as keeping people together with their friends. However, it is not guaranteed; but the founding principle of Forerunner Conflict has always been two things; Respect and Fun with friends, so why not make some new one? Yes, I understand that some if not most of you will disagree with the possibility of being separated from your friends, but what if I told you that we would sponsor more community events; such as Game Nights, Tournaments, etc. If chosen by you the community we will do our best to make sure you get the experience you want out of FC.

A closing statement from both of us:

No matter what, you will always come first.

We are more than just a war-sim community, we are more than just a bunch of similarly minded gamers who get together each week. We are a family under the name of FC and if we pull together who knows what we can achieve.

Thank you,

Ominous & Solus

If anyone has any questions or concerns about the elections, feel free to let me know. If there's another pair of candidates that wants to run but isn't currently listed, contact me ASAP!

Spread the news that elections are active! Election closes on June 29th at 11:59 PM EST. You have 9.5 days! GO!
    Last edited by Mythonian; 06-30-2016 at 04:48 PM.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Blog Posts

Re: FC:Res2 FM Elections

Lilith and Nova

Exiled and Nova

Exiled and Ominous
    Last edited by Silko; 06-20-2016 at 12:27 PM.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Solus & Solace
    You are not a godless fucking moron
    You are still a moron but not a godless fucking one
    - Silko, 2016

1. AbnormallyLilith and Legendary Nova (Primary)
    2. Exiled Arkangel and Ominous Solace (Secondary)
    3. Solus Exsequor and Ominous Solace (Tertiary)
    Last edited by Barry Soap; 06-25-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

1. Solus and Ominous, fo sho.
    2. Arkangel and Nova.
    3. Arkangel and Ominous.
    Last edited by Dae; 06-20-2016 at 12:35 PM.

Lilith & Nova
    Exiled & Nova
    Exiled & Ominous
    I have never said Leroy Jenkins unironically in my life.

Blog Posts

GHOST, REDD's longest serving squad spanning two whole games and four wars.
    Sorry, REDWATCH has you beat. 3 games (Reach, 4, and 5).
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Consistently active anyway

#RIPWATCH
    - Silko, 2016

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Legacy, VBD, Resistance as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solus Exsequor View Post
    Consistently active anyway
    Legacy and VBD still has you beat

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    Legacy, VBD, Resistance as well

- - - Updated - - -

Legacy and VBD still has you beat
    "REDD" - currently active
    - Silko, 2016

Thread Information