Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Res2 Peacetime Update #2

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    5+ years for respected? Holy shit that's longer than it takes to get a degree AND a job... That's like you join at 15 and sign a contract till you're 20 to get a green rank.

Let's not do that, base it on merit; what you did with your time rather than just the time
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Remember
    RedWatch

DarkSail Raiders
    Apple Fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by NervyDestroyer View Post
    5+ years for respected? Holy shit that's longer than it takes to get a degree AND a job... That's like you join at 15 and sign a contract till you're 20 to get a green rank.

Let's not do that, base it on merit; what you did with your time rather than just the time
    While I agree, remember it's just a dumb user group.

Quote Originally Posted by W3z4b1 View Post
    ^

I don't remember where I read it, but my vision or a respected member was always something along the lines of doing one of the following:

Being a FM
    2 years with some HC experience
    3 years with some leadership experience as a CO/XO
    4 years of being a PFC

It's not really a definition which is what you guys worked on so I see why it's not ideal, but I feel it's more accurate.
    This is what it was before, until it devolved to a point where not getting green when you left an army was a slap in the face in and of itself because so many exceptions were already made.

I'm personally not a fan of the Precursor changes, the whole point was for it to be a self-inclusive group to allow veteran input into WC as an entity independent of WC's influence. Mede made the group and set its standards a while ago that way, sad to see that concept he created broken down. I wasn't always a fan of the people who were in the group, but if I started a community like this 10+ years ago with a small group, I'd feel a bit let down if I was told that group's powerless special title needs to be stripped because of something as trivial as activity.

But lets be real. Can we have a Kill Wolfpack day? 15v1, whoever kills wolfpack the most wins. Whoever dies to wolfpack immediately gets made fun of.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

Blog Posts

Bananarchy for FM.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I'm personally not a fan of the Precursor changes, the whole point was for it to be a self-inclusive group to allow veteran input into WC as an entity independent of WC's influence. Mede made the group and set its standards a while ago that way, sad to see that concept he created broken down. I wasn't always a fan of the people who were in the group, but if I started a community like this 10+ years ago with a small group, I'd feel a bit let down if I was told that group's powerless special title needs to be stripped because of something as trivial as activity.
    you call the group powerless and specify it's existence is to influence war council in the same paragraph. That's not what powerless means.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Double D Masters
    Darksail 5weg
    Buying GF
    Kickstart Xbone pl1x

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Bananarchy for FM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graycochea View Post
    I need you guys to never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Houdini View Post
    You are significantly more likable than me

http://fcwars.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&use  rid=3628&dateline=1407905  356

H4 Recv5 CO Recognition-DSR

[URL=http://minus.com/i/WhKTFFwt5awt]
    *Instert legally binding skype chat about Donkey buying me an X1*

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Bananarchy for FM.

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    you call the group powerless and specify it's existence is to influence war council in the same paragraph. That's not what powerless means.
    From an authoritative standpoint, precursors have less power than an army's gunnery sergeant.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    From an authoritative standpoint, precursors have less power than an army's gunnery sergeant.
    From a community standpoint Precursors have about the same power as an army's Lt. General since they can access the WC.

Australia: Where 90% of animals are trying to kill you. The other 10% just do it by accident.

[8:10:37 AM] riphelix: Nova I need too borrow your accent tomorrow please, I got a date and I wanna impress her
    [8:11:07 AM] Nervy: Sex guaranteed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Nova View Post
    From a community standpoint Precursors have about the same power as an army's Lt. General since they can access the WC.
    There's a laundry list of things an LTG can do and has authority over that a Precursor cannot and does not.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet

Thread Information