Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Res2 Peacetime Update #2

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    you call the group powerless and specify it's existence is to influence war council in the same paragraph. That's not what powerless means.
    ^This

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    There's a laundry list of things an LTG can do and has authority over that a Precursor cannot and does not.
    Who you going to listen to more? The LTG who doesn't have a vote and is rotated out by another person in WC at the end of the war, or the guy who also doesn't have a WC vote but is always apart of WC? LTGs have more direct say in every day army operations but in both political and in just flat out respect a precursor has more power and say. Shall I remind everyone on why Operation Firestorm even happened in the first place? Severally out of touch vets didn't like how things ran, wanted to change stuff and because of back door access they gave themselves they had the power to do it. Cost the community half of it's members and almost broke FC apart. I will always value the input of a veteran member. Hell that is half the reason I'm in the position I am in now. But if you can't put in the time to take apart of FC then you simply do not have the ability to advise WC on day to day events. That is what WC wants of the precursor rank. A neutral rank that has the ability to support WC on a daily bases. I posted it in both here and WC several times. If people who were apart of purple army really want that rank, then just show up and take part of FC again. FC gains veteran members back and you get that shiny user group next to your name. Win for everyone. If you can't put the time aside for FC, Life > FC, then we will completely understand and hope you can return when able.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    ^This

Who you going to listen to more? The LTG who doesn't have a vote and is rotated out by another person in WC at the end of the war, or the guy who also doesn't have a WC vote but is always apart of WC? LTGs have more direct say in every day army operations but in both political and in just flat out respect a precursor has more power and say. Shall I remind everyone on why Operation Firestorm even happened in the first place? Severally out of touch vets didn't like how things ran, wanted to change stuff and because of back door access they gave themselves they had the power to do it. Cost the community half of it's members and almost broke FC apart. I will always value the input of a veteran member. Hell that is half the reason I'm in the position I am in now. But if you can't put in the time to take apart of FC then you simply do not have the ability to advise WC on day to day events. That is what WC wants of the precursor rank. A neutral rank that has the ability to support WC on a daily bases. I posted it in both here and WC several times. If people who were apart of purple army really want that rank, then just show up and take part of FC again. FC gains veteran members back and you get that shiny user group next to your name. Win for everyone. If you can't put the time aside for FC, Life > FC, then we will completely understand and hope you can return when able.
    Well that escalated quickly... I can tell you guys feel very strongly about your decision. I just wanted to state my 1 opinion. We can agree to disagree on what power titles give.

Virtus Tentamine Gaudet
    FM For 6 wars spanning 3 generations

I think you guys are all putting your focus on the wrong thing here. Sure, voice your opinions, but I think there are other more important things to consider from this update. At the end of the day, and in a day to day basis, we precursors just serve as subs for when a squad needs a filler, that is literally the biggest impact we will have in the eyes of the every day member.

The more important thing to take from this update, in my mind, is the result of the draft. Any thoughts on potential balancing issues? Wouldn't it be best to reach out to members who did not fill out that survey to get them involved?
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    Wouldn't it be best to reach out to members who did not fill out that survey to get them involved?
    well of course it would
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

That precursor user group image looks amazing tho.

(totally digressing)
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Soap View Post
    That precursor user group image looks amazing tho.

(totally digressing)
    (Psssst each one had their own unique usergroup image)
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    (Psssst each one had their own unique usergroup image)
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAT
    "Different name, same fate."
    Quote Originally Posted by WM Feedback View Post
    I (Feedback) tried to flank them Barry Soap style, but it didn't really work out and I just ended up hiding a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum View Post
    Damn you barry, being seductive to all those recruits by painting vivid, purdy imagery with your words.

Blog Posts

Based off the armor they wore in H4.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Surprise, motherfucker. xD

But yeah Donkey and Silko are totally right. They were custom-designed for us.

#Halo4EnforcerMasterRace
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Thread Information