Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wars Suspended

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

Re: Wars Suspended

It's sad to see. Was hoping to make my Yearly visit while there was some action.
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

This place lasted for a long time, I think it's just the nature of the internet now. This forum board was basically the hub of the community and quite honestly forums like these are a dying medium, The kids who have time to participate in battle nights are on totally different "social medias". I see you guys started using Discord which is great, should be an easier way to foster community if you do plan on continuing in the future.

As Raz was saying when these wars started Xbox Live was a different place, Halo was king, everyone had mics, and you could recruit people straight out of BTB matchmaking. Recruiting someone over mic is much easier than some cold-open on Halo Waypoint or even Reddit.

Also look into PC for Halo 5, which has a Server Browser incoming. I could see it thriving in that environment.

If you guys do decide to startup the wars again I have all the groundwork laid out for that promotional video I was doing last spring. I can't finish it as I have no time to work on something this intensive. If someone else wants to learn about animation/multi-media work I can guide them through it.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Found the link back to these forums on an older laptop and I'm surprised/saddened to see it come to a (near) end. I had so much fun participating in the wars and making signatures for everyone That was back when I had time to get that stuff done, now life is just too busy. I miss you guys, much

EDIT: Wow just saw my join date, almost 11 years since I first joined this place, that's insane, it feels just like yesterday I was on Coagulation being recruited into these wars
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Quote Originally Posted by zZ Dr K Zz View Post
    Found the link back to these forums on an older laptop and I'm surprised/saddened to see it come to a (near) end. I had so much fun participating in the wars and making signatures for everyone That was back when I had time to get that stuff done, now life is just too busy. I miss you guys, much

EDIT: Wow just saw my join date, almost 11 years since I first joined this place, that's insane, it feels just like yesterday I was on Coagulation being recruited into these wars

Always nice to see old faces around here. Sucks that it's under not-so-fun circumstances though.

Catch ya around?
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

Thread Information