Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Why Hello There...

What is going on everyone.

For those that don't know me, I joined FC MANY years ago and fought on both sides of the field. From simple grunt work to High Command. I can write more about what I have done, but frankly you and I really don't care about that (if you do, message me and I guess I can tell you?).

Probably been over a year since I last was on the website and probably 2 years since I last fought in a war. However, when I first joined this community, it was a great place to come hang out and make some friends (and enemies.... I'm looking at you Silko [Just kidding, I respect the guy now]).

First thing I see when logging in was "Wars Suspended". My money is on the lack of participation and balancing issues. First of all, to you new members, this happens time to time. It becomes less of an issue the more we recruit. When I was fighting in the wars, I can remember 3 different times the community went silent for a short period of time to fix this issue. Including "Operation Fire Storm"....

VerbotenDonkey sent me an XBL message less than an hour ago seeing if I was interested in returning.

Well, my answer is both "Yes" and "No".

I'v been working on weekends for the past several years and up until last year, I got a promotion to manager at my job. Which comes with closing the store down every weekend. So, can I participate in the Wars? No.

However, during the week, I'm a little more open. During this time period, I can help with things on the website, recruiting, bootcamps and sit-ins on meetings.

The biggest thing I have noticed that splits this community is "Skill Level". Look, this has ALWAYS been an issue and will ALWAYS be an issue. Although this community is a "War-Sim", it doesn't mean we need every Pro Halo Gamer to play. I'v met and played with many Pro Gamers inside and outside this community. However, with every Pro Gamer, comes with high competitiveness. Making Average Joe on the other side feel way overwhelmed when up to 3 times a night (if not more) he has to play the same Pro Team and get demolished. We need to focus on finding players that have fun and enjoy the game of Halo. We all want to play with each other to the point that right at the end of the game, everyone is saying "Good Game" and cracking some jokes with each other. We need to go back to that.

Also, have we ever though about instead of REDD/BLUE Officers doing Bootcamp, we have the Vets do it? The Vets work with each other to implement all the rules and regulations to our community. The Vets are the longest ones here and have been through the most. Why not trust them (us) to help set the staging point for the community?

Just my 2 cents.... I'll be appearing a little more often here, so feel free to message me if you have any questions.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

Re: Why Hello There...

Hey Bazonga!

Thanks so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your input and any help you can give. And if you know of any other vets from previous years, could you give them a buzz too? I've been trying to hit up as many as I can, but I'm sure I missed some haha. If you wanna play some Halo too, lemme know!
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

For sure.

Actively talking to Gargoyle and Unlucky right now about seeing if they want to return and help out. Our War days are over with, but helping the community is a step we can keep taking

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

Firesnakes reunion? ;P

Appreciate it man. As our once great Major Syfe once said, I got your back.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Firesnakes reunion? ;P
    Only way that would work is if we all were able to report for wars. Sadly, all 3 of us are hardly able to do much on weekends.

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    Only way that would work is if we all were able to report for wars. Sadly, all 3 of us are hardly able to do much on weekends.
    Its okay, REDWATCH is now RIPWATCH because we're the same way.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Its okay, REDWATCH is now RIPWATCH because we're the same way.
    I feel it :/

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

FYI skill balance is no longer our biggest problem, with vbd stepping down, managing gold-onyx level players is a lot easier than gold-champion(s who never break up their team)

Numbers are where we're really hurting right now. The last war ended early because there were some nights we couldn't even pull enough people for a 4v4.

I'm pleased to say, we're in a much better spot now when it comes to numbers, but even restarting the wars right now, it would still be one squad vs one squad for the entire night on 6v6's and 8v8's, with some replacements.

So you're welcome to join back, or recruit if you can't make it to the battles! Every little bit helps.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    I'm looking at you Silko [Just kidding, I respect the guy now]).

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    FYI skill balance is no longer our biggest problem, with vbd stepping down, managing gold-onyx level players is a lot easier than gold-champion(s who never break up their team)

Numbers are where we're really hurting right now. The last war ended early because there were some nights we couldn't even pull enough people for a 4v4.

I'm pleased to say, we're in a much better spot now when it comes to numbers, but even restarting the wars right now, it would still be one squad vs one squad for the entire night on 6v6's and 8v8's, with some replacements.

So you're welcome to join back, or recruit if you can't make it to the battles! Every little bit helps.
    That was our numbers when we started sir. It's small, but it works.

Thread Information