Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

Ruins of Reach: Character Info

RED

Delta Squad:

Eri-
    Name: Eric Richter
    Armor Ability:Using the Forerunner tech that uses energy to manipulate objects, Eric's armor is powered by an artifact found in the Ark's Library before it was destroyed in the Human-Covenant war. While this allows him to manipulate objects with his armor, it does cause a massive energy spike. Any orbital ship will pick up and detect such energy use. Motion detectors, however, can actually break if too near when Eric uses his armor's energy reserves. The larger an object, the shorter the amount of time Eric can sustain the manipulation. Most of the time, he can only move objects for less than a minute, and even less when moving massive objects. He may receive a major upgrade in the story however. You'll just have to read.

Vanity_634640534268808146.png

Loco
    Name Col. Sevchenko
    Armor Ability: Sevchenko’s armor is powered by a Forerunner energy source, and made of material far more dense than the other Spartans. Due to the massive energy that the artifact affords, the armor can push itself beyond the limits of ordinary MJOLNIR armor. However, it comes at a cost. The endurance required to perform such powerful feats is high, and the use of the armor's energy supply is draining to the wearer. Therefore, one could only use the overdrive in a short amount of time, and must require a good amount of rest afterward. The strain on the wearer’s body is quadruple that of ordinary combat conditions. When using the armor's ability, your energy expulsion will spike and most orbital scanners will be able to detect it if it is prolonged. However, the character's armor will also provide a powerful resistance to most weapons. The energy shielding is lifted when using the armor's full power supply, as there is not technology available to have the shields maintain shape under such extremes. Perhaps something that can be obtained during the progression of the story?

ColonelSevchenko.png

Andimion
    Name: Andimion
    Armor Ability: This character's armor is powered by a Forerunner artifact. This artifact is the original one that the Covenant used to create their own active camo technology. However, the Forerunners had a perfected version, the Covenant did not. The artifact has its own power supply, which the suit taps into. It can stay in active camouflage for an indefinite amount of time, and will disguise all of the wearer’s heat and energy signatures. The suit also comes equipped with pulse-sound dampeners. These dampeners use small pulses to disrupt any sound the suit makes, whether by contact or interaction. These pulses also cause all motion detectors to go haywire, as it interferes with their detection tools. Motion detectors will show several targets at once. The technology is not perfect however, and has been known to give massive energy signatures at random. A risk the Empire is willing to take.

Andimion.png

Aftershock
    Name: Jeff Dasilva
    Armor Ability This character has had full integration of his nervous system with his armor's AI. Half of his brain has been dedicated to housing the AI's greater functions. As a result, the two have a symbiotic relationship, each coordinating flawlessly with each other. When Jeff identifies a target, his AI will automatically do all calculations required for a successful shot. The AI then has full control of Jeff's arms and hands and whatever else is required for the shot, and fires. The transition between Jeff and the AI is without delay, and usually instantaneous, with Jeff not being consciously aware of the change. However, this sort of integration has led to him being unable to leave his armor, a small sacrifice he's willing to accept, for near 100 percent accuracy and reflexes beyond that of any REDD Spartan.

Jeff.png

Omega Squad:
    EOD Eagle
    Name: Alex "Eagle" Mers
    Armor Ability: Alex’s suit utilizes a nano-suit that is integrated with the armor. This suit will automatically repair the suit and the wearer. However, it does drain energy reserves in the armor and the armor must be recharged after each mission to maintain functionality. The repairs are slow, and almost impossible under combat stress.

Alex.png

Hellspawn
    Name: Corey Kmiec
    Armor Ability
    This armor’s ability is based on an experimental augmentation technique that Forerunners apparently used. It has animalistic side-effects, yet undoubtedly effective. He loses control during these times, but can definitely punch a hole through an enemy line.

Corey.png

Deadite
    Name: Deckard
    Armor Ability:
    The armor is made up of ultralight Forerunner metal found in the armor shells of the monitors. This armor features an AI that is Foreunner in origin. Found in the ruins of Danta, on Reach, your AI has modified the suit this character's personality. The character's speed is unmatched by any, except perhaps that of Loco's character when he activates the overdrive function of his armor. The armor, however, has no physical drawbacks. The wearer can keep his speed up for as long as he wants, given that the wearer has the stamina to maintain it. The wearer’s reflexes are vastly improved. The AI in the armor has increased the yield of its shielding technology, and can manipulate the armor's shielding based on the wearer’s command. While he does not have a full AI-Body fusion like Aftershock's character, this character and his AI work as partners.

Deckard.png

Fuzzy
    Name: Sarge, Fuzz
    Armor Ability: When in battle enemy motion trackers become useless such as a radar jammer but worse, this ability gained him his nickname among his squad. Fuzz is a Rifleman; favoring Battle and Marksman rifles and short range snipers. Fuzzy also has the ability to emit static bolts throughout his weaponry so when ammunition is fired after impacting the enemy it will follow with a deadly zap that can kill the target and occasionally surrounding personal. Scientists believe that the static can be used in other ways but none have been found yet. The armor can convert the chemical makeup of the standard rounds used in human ballistic weaponry (Not plasma or needlers or spikers), and creates a metallic round that can store an electric charge. It is super-effective against standard shielding, though it causes the range of the rounds to be lessened somewhat. That doesn't mean he can't simply use regular rounds. It does take some time to transform the ammo that is used, however.

Fuzz.png

BLUE

Big Bad Guy: Justice

His character is the scariest one of all. He has a device used to power whole Installations, which he can harness to create considerably powerful nuclear explosions. It converts matter to super-dense material, and then causes it to reach critical mass. However, he cannot move while using this power, and it does come at a great cost of his own sanity and stamina. Over time, his sanity has slowly been eroded by the use of this power. He is the butcher of many worlds, having great strategic genius, and no qualms about massacre.

Justice.png

Leader of the Blue Spartans: Sam
    Designation BRAVO-0

While I couldn't justify having him at 15, I can justify his armor's power. His armor is outfitted with an array of combat disruption. He can disrupt enemy HUD's, and has wrist-mounted grenade launchers. These grenades are outfitted with smoke emitters, and an atmospheric agent that can cause massive hallucinations, fever, and eventually... cardiac arrest. The grenades are outfitted with an energy disruptor, made from Forerunner energy manipulation techniques. His armor is designed to manipulate opponents, causing them to see things that are not there, to hide behind smoke, to be undetectable. He has no strength enhancement, but he's formidable in close quarters. All his blades and bullets are outfitted with the same neurotoxin. He is known as the Deceiver in the ranks.

Sam.png

BLUE BRAVO SQUAD:

ThatRussianBear
    Name: Allan Harrison
    Designation: BRAVO-1
    Armor Ability Armor utilizes Forerunner conduits that manipulate electric currents. His power cell is several times more powerful than a normal power cell. He can create and control electric currents. He can even fire lighting from his hands under certain conditions. His most unique talent, however, is that he can fire EMP waves, which can disable most electronics, including armor.

Jacob-BRAVO4.png

Chillsquisher
    Name: Victor
    Designation: BRAVO-2
    Armor Ability: The Brotherhood has discovered some of the makeup of Forerunner combat skins. The armor’s visor is made up of the material found in a Forerunner combat skin, which allows sharper resolution, and much more powerful visual scans. The eyesight afforded by the armor is unparalleled. Along with that, the inner layer of the armor armor is fitted with a powerful nano-bot suit, which increases the armor's response to threats. The armor is made up of detection-resistant material. This causes the armor's resistance to weaponry to be less, but it allows the wearer to be undetected by enemy scanning, and does not rely on experimental power sources.

Victor-Bravo2.png

VerbotenDonkey
    Name: Lucius Black
    Designation: BRAVO-3
    Armor Ability: He has an artifact that can temporarily take on the properties of other Forerunner artifacts/devices. This only works on those who have Forerunner artifacts powering their armors. Using metal and whatever from Forerunners isn't actually an artifact, so it won't count. At random, his artifact can actually take on the properties of those it has previously copied, so it could come in handy.

Lucius-BRAVO3.png

Bodaciousbaconn
    Name: Jacob "Bacon" Hogg
    Designation: BRAVO-4
    Armor Ability: Jacob’s armor is powered by a pulse-repulsor that discharges a wave of energy from the wearer. It pushes all objects from the armor away in a wide circle, though it requires some time to charge up another energy pulse.

Silversleek
    Name: Damon
    Designation: BRAVO-5
    Armor Ability: Damon's armor has the ability to teleport. He can teleport locally without expending too much energy, if it's just himself. The longer distance, and more people he teleports, he more power required. Over major distance with a major payload, he must be plugged into an incredibly powerful energy cell. Too much strain will result in complete armor failure.
    Armor Color Black

Laser-Lancer 1
    Name: Will
    Designation: BRAVO-6
    Armor Ability: Will's armor is able to reproduce the energy use that Forerunner monitor constructs utilize in their weaponry. He can project large beams of energy through his palms. Because of this, however, his armor cannot maintain a shield around him. Instead, his only form of defense comes from his armor's ability to project round shields from his forearms. (Similar to Jackal shielding, except significantly larger and more powerful.)
    Armor Color: Purple

PEOPLE WHO NEED TO REVISE CHARACTERS, OR WHO HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THERE ARE ENOUGH PEOPLE FOR A NEW BLUE SQUAD:

Munkey
    Yehsus
    Last edited by PhoenixPrime; 05-11-2012 at 12:13 PM.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Re: Ruins of Reach: Character Info

I thought my character was going to be on the BLUE army. I am fine with him on Omega squad though because this is your novel and I don't want to mess around with your creative thinking process, so you can keep it the way it is.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

My dudes name is deckard btw.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Senior Citizen
    Blog Posts

Very nice. One question though, Since this is Character Info, will it include personalities as well or just Armor Abilities???

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    "Yes, WoW will die, alongside those rebel scum."

Blog Posts

He could always add Bacon. I do however like this story so far.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Neutral DI Overseer
    AimBot Andi
    DragonBorn
    Disturbed

I'll give it honestly, the way I described it to Eri last night after he read it to me and Loco as a bed time story. ( He also tucked us in. )

Its easy to write a story and put yourself the hero who never dies and never loses and never ever gets hurt or what ever. You know, god mod yourself. But to watch someone else write a story, put you in it and use their creative writing skills to describe your actions. Even if you get your ass kicked or had to run away to fight another day, it still makes you feel really good.

This story is going well so far, I look forward to your next installment. Which is when?

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

I had to change some folks around from my original template for several reasons.

If you had your character removed from the story, it doesn't mean that I don't want to use them. It means that either someone else had that ability, or I needed your ability changed altogether.

I have some folks on Red that wanted to be on Blue, and some folks on Blue that wanted to be on Red. The reason I have the squads the way they are, is entirely for story. I designed the Blue squad to have flawless teamwork and powers that would compliment each other well. In combat, Verboten can take on the abilities of anyone in his squad, so he automatically boosts their power greatly. Chill's character is a really good scout, and (Though I haven't revealed it in the story yet), he can see through the active camo abilities of the others. Bacon's power can push people like Loco and Hellspawn away from his squad, where they'll deliver less damage as a whole, and he can somewhat counter Eri's ability, should Eri want to send a boulder at him.

Omega got changed because I wanted their tactics to be fundamentally different than that of Delta. If Delta is a sharpened scalpel, Omega is a sledge hammer. The sort of tactical maneuvering you guys saw Delta use in the first installment will not be the same tactics Omega will use, because they don't need to. Hellspawn's character is a beast, Fuzz's character allows him to get in close, Deadite and Eagle have abilities that make them the perfect flankers. They either have tough shields or their armor does some self-repair, so they can take a lot of punishment. (And they just might...)

On the subject of personality: I think reading the story will reveal more personality than having it on their bio.

As for Andimion's question:

Well, I have no exams today, and my writing laptop has a new charger. You tell me when to expect the new installment.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Senior Citizen
    Blog Posts

12 O'CLOCK CENTRAL TIME

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    "Yes, WoW will die, alongside those rebel scum."

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Well, I've finished about three pages of it so far. I want them to be about six pages per installment, so I'll probably have the rest for you guys tonight. Just not at 12 PM central time

Quote Originally Posted by WSxAngel View Post
    Well, I've finished about three pages of it so far. I want them to be about six pages per installment, so I'll probably have the rest for you guys tonight. Just not at 12 PM central time
    AWWWWWWWW YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Thread Information