Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    LocoCrazy

Skyrim: Facts & info

Heres a list of known changes, facts,info and everything else you need to know about Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim:

- Set 200 years after Oblivion

- Children are confirmed in the game

-Dragons and AI
    Todd Howard (game director) said "Dragons fill the roll of...a Big Daddy in Bioshock and a helicopter in Half-Life 2"...I love that quote.
    When Dragons do attack with fire, ice, wind ect. They are actually using their own shouts which, when you listen closely, you can hear.
    Dragons will have the same "encounter" AI as most other types of enemies so that mean at any given opportunity a dragon could swoop down and start the battle.
    Like in Oblivion, you can the see as far as the eye can see so sometime on rare occasion you'll find a dragon attacking an enemy from the sky in the distance

- Dragon Shouts
    Shouts consists of 3 words
    The more words you find for a shout, the stronger it becomes
    To learn these shouts you must find ancient dungeons and find the language of the dragon in that dungeon (which leads to reading it and learning a new shout)

Shout info
    - 25ish total shouts to learn
    If you have downloaded the "Spell Tombs" in Oblivion, the shouts are exactly like that. You never know what the shout will do until you read/use it

-some magic (like fire) can/will affect the environment surrounding you: for example if you use a fire based spell it might (depending on the spell) leave the ground on fire for a while making it a hazard for you and the enemy

- each melee weapon will have its own "finisher"

- you can now forge and enchant your very own weapons

-There will be 6 cities approximately the size of The Imperial City

- Cities will have a lot less loading screens.

-Ragdoll effects will be greatly improved upon.

-you are now able to duel wield almost anything (sword&staff, Sward&magic, Staff&magic, Ect).

Environments will react to accordingly. for example; trees will blow in the wind, ripples will occur when wind is strong, all that fun stuff

- Skyrim (the land) and dungeons will be manually created and crafted.

- Enemies will be more realistic. for example, you're more likely to run into a pack of wolves rather a lone wolf).

- You'll be able to view every Item through a 3D "panorama" if you choose, as well as your map

- You can "bookmark" favorite items and create different equipment slots

- depending on the difficulty, quests will take you into different dungeons and such

- If you kill somebody, a family member might wish to take revenge

- if you kill a quest character you will no longer be able to activate that quest...however his or her spouse might revive the quest (assimung he/she didnt know it was you being the killer)

-if you drop a weapon for long enough one of the following will happen
    1: A person might steal it
    2: people might argue over it
    3: a child might attempt to return it to you
    4: A merchant might sell it

- Taverns and bars play a much bigger role, you get most info there and rumors

- lots of peaceful wild life such as birds and rabbits (many more)

- You are able to directly affect some (or possibly all) towns and cities income and economy. For example; if you destroy a mill or lumber site, the NPC will no longer chop wood which gets em less money which makes the markets sell lesser items and weapons (less of a item and more expensive)

- More elaborate crime system
    There must be surviving witnesses for your "bounty" to raise.
    You can sleep in a victims bed. No more "You cannot sleep in an owned bed" when that person has been killed.
    9 different bounties for the 9 different "holds"
    different types of jails for different types of criminals

- when interacting with a character the game does not zoom in and freeze the environment. The game continues as it normally would.

- You are able to have romantic relationships

- When/if you "duel wield" spells they will combine creating a super spell. For example; circle of protection + chain lighting = electric circle)

- You are able to use spells as traps

- single handed weapons can be used with both hands to increase the overall stats for the weapon

- If you block for to long the AI will execute a move that could possibly
    1: knock you on the ground
    2: un-equip your shield
    3: drop your shield

- you are able to preform a shield bash move

- "magnetism" assisted aiming system for easier (but still challenging) when using bow's

- Bow's take longer to fire how ever they are much more powerful and critical strikes are more common (seeing how you can actually aim with bows)

- You are able to hold your breath for a more steady shot (just like sniping)

- While sneaking and assassinating targets daggers deal 2x as much power as normal

- you are able to sprint

- sprint based attacks are possible

-Skills
    Each skill has a perk to choose from (like Fallout)
    each perk has it own "tree"
    You can improve all of your skills up to 100
    Every skills affects you total level but the higher the skill the more important it is to your overall level

(this part is fucking weak...i hate it)
    - When you enter a dungeon, the enemies are pick according to your level. If you ever come back to that dungeon, it is as if you returned to the same dungeon the first time round (level locked)

- New system for adding decals, scars, face painting Ect.

- with the new companion system you can basically have a squad of allies

- Creation Kit; modding kit. makes it easier for creating anything you want on the pc version. Just like Oblivion and Fallout. (A small possibility for this being available on the consoles)

Updated:

- "When you block, the world slows down a little so you can dodge your enemies better" ~ Todd Howard

- the map will be around 16 square miles. or 41 square kilometers

- Acrobatics, athletics and mysticism have been removed

- Each NPC is individually programed have have their own personality and traits

- Weather affects the environment. for example; if it snows there will be very little snow under trees and uneven amounts on the ground (depending on the area)

3 main magic elements
    -Fire. most powerful. effect: heavy impact on health
    -Lightning. second strongest. Effect: stuns and drains magica
    -Ice. Least powerful. Effect: Drains fatigue and slows down target

- NPC interact a lot more. Example: cooking, sweeping, farming, wood cutting ect.

- destructible environments. Example: you're able to cut of tree branches (and possibly harvest them for crafting), theirs more to it than tree brances obviously.

- Armorer is replaced by Smithing

- There will be different "level area". For example Dungeon A will be 2 levels below your own. Dungeon B will match you're level. Dungeon C will be 6 level above yours. Dungeon D will be randomized.

Confirmed factions:
    - College of Winterhole (Mages guild)
    - The Companions (Fighters guild)
    - Thieves guild (no confirmed name)
    - Dark brotherhood (fucking victory) (No that not the name...it should be though)

- Wolves carry a disease called Rockjaw

- cooking is confirmed. You cook ingredients to create better food (exactly like alchemy)

I know I've missed a lot of info but I'll keep updating this as i learn and remember more shit. Feel free to post stuff that you know as well.
    Last edited by LocoCrazy; 06-09-2011 at 06:04 PM.

Cthulhu Cultist
    Blame Canada
    The Cake is a lie
    Blog Posts

Re: Skyrim: Facts & info

My question is: Can we kill the children?

Al Capone111 doesn't do what Al Capone111 does for Al Capone111.
    Al Capone111 does what Al Capone111 does because Al Capone111 is Al Capone111.

I'm not an asshole, I'm just not afraid to say how I feel.

we won't be able to kill children... the game would get an instant AO rating and wouldn't be carried by many retailers, though i am sure someone will creat a mod on the PC version for it.

Loco do you know if you can create spells again?

Also loco want to be Skyrim buddies and help each other through it? (I wish the rumors about co-op were true but so far they are not)

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Blog Posts

I. want. this. game.

Too bad I never finished Oblivion for the 360. =/
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

LocoCrazy

To be honest From what I understand Spell creation is likly not going to be in the game, however its still a touchy subject.

And yea. I guess we can be Skyrim Bros.

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post

Too bad I never finished Oblivion for the 360. =/
    I dont think anyone has.

----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I love the kid I really do. But damn I've never seen anyone start more shit then him

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by II Recanz II View Post
    I dont think anyone has.
    True but I barely got past getting out of the dungeon and then I found out how low-key everything was. It was impressive for the time it was created in, however when my magic spells take forever to travel, I just gave up =/ Shoulda rolled a ninja or warrior I suppose. It was really indepth though, however I just felt lost in all the options and reality of the game.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

LocoCrazy

The only magic I use is Conjuration. I wish you could summon more than 1 creature at a time though...imagine a Deadroth army...or even you personal guard containing Dramora lords.

My overall favorite thing to conjure is either a Deadroth, BrownBear, Flesh Atronach or Xivilai
    Last edited by LocoCrazy; 06-04-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Dungeons are level locked?
    What?

Hope there are a lot of dungeons then.
    I dungeon crawl for levels.
    You want me to put a microphone in?
    No. Fuck you.
    Story behind me and not using microphones on XBL.
    • Original Xbox: The clip kept breaking when I am not rough. And wires.
    • Xbox 360: Fucking wires fuck up. Screw it. I am not using/buying another one.

LocoCrazy

Quote Originally Posted by Ash the Mute View Post
    Dungeons are level locked?
    What?

Hope there are a lot of dungeons then.
    I dungeon crawl for levels.
    Same here. I also love returning to the damn places to loot them over and over again.

Thread Information