Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battlefield 3 Dog Tag System

1655bcf370.jpg
    DICE has revealed new info about the dog tag system in Battlefield 3. This time around, the developer claims that the dog tags in the game will be much more customizable than in the past, and will be your "personal calling card". When you take down an enemy, these tags are going to be what your enemy sees. Since these new tags will be customizable in the stats you show off to your victims, you can let them know just how good you are with any one of the large arsenal of weapons in the game.“We have hundreds of dog tags that can be your personal calling card. Every time you kill an enemy, they see your tags. It’s your calling card – it’s your place to brag, and dynamic tags can show off how great you are with a knife, a jet, or even show off your personal play style.” said Alan Kertz in latest edition of BattleBlogAs we've seen in the gameplay videos of Battlefield 3 multiplayer, there are new brutal knife takedowns incorporated into the game. You'll need to sneak up behind your enemy to perform the "assassination", but if you do, you'll be rewarded handsomely with your opponents custom tags.

Source: xboxmb.com
    Last edited by Lightning; 07-31-2011 at 04:36 PM.

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

Re: Battlefield 3 Dog Tag System

I like, even though they're sorta copying the emblem system from Halo like CoD did with it's player cards.

~Kuhblam

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

Yeah, but I think in this it's more of stats on your emblem and maybe your clan tag rather than an emblem or such.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EnLightning View Post
    1655bcf370.jpgWhen you take down an enemy, these tags are going to be what your enemy sees.

there are new brutal knife takedowns incorporated into the game. You'll need to sneak up behind your enemy to perform the "assassination", but if you do, you'll be rewarded handsomely with your opponents custom tags. [/COLOR]
    Source: xboxmb.com
    So they ripped off the CoD playercards (which, wasn't really CoD's to begin with...)

Then went directly to Halo Reach assassinations?

Nice!

It's not an entire assassination animation, I'm sure. DICE has always had there own stuff. I pretty sure it will be great.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

im excited for this game now... fuck Call of Duty... im glad they brought assassinations in this and the fact that they implimented the Dog tags better... im fuckin pumped for this game... idc if they take ideas from other games, they have every reason to... this is/was/always will be the Call of Duty killer that everyone talks about

Also at 5:40-6:00 are two of many assasinations

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Its not even assassinations. It's more realistic melee, I mean when you stab a guy with a knife, YOU SHOULD ACTUALLY STAB THAT MOFO.

Its the next step in the evolution of FPS.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

It might be safer to take that video down. The people who were invited to a alpha beta were to sign a agreement that now gameplay would be leaked..if the right person sees that, who know's who would get blamed.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EnLightning View Post
    It might be safer to take that video down. The people who were invited to a alpha beta were to sign a agreement that now gameplay would be leaked..if the right person sees that, who know's who would get blamed.
    1) Not my video, they took their own risk
    2) And? i care? Its their fault if they get caught
    3) I cant get in trouble for it

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    1) Not my video, they took their own risk
    2) And? i care? Its their fault if they get caught
    3) I cant get in trouble for it
    Aye, your correct. However, I'm just considering it. I wouldn't want you getting in trouble for "helping" this guy spread this information.

Thread Information