Metro 2033 Ranger Mode

Just curious how many people here have played Metro 2033, and if they have tried out the Ranger Mode yet. Yes, the 360 people count in this.

I just have to say, Ranger - Hardcore is the way the game should have been in the first place. VERY difficult and very fun. Hell, I even died in the Prologue. Currently on the last part of Chapter 2 on this difficulty.

Also, 360 players, is it true you actually have to pay for Ranger Mode? PC players got it free.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Re: Metro 2033 Ranger Mode

I think Freak has played that game, if memory serves me right.
    The fuck you looking at, asshat?

x: 176.06 y: 124.57 z: 27.97

Raz: Dinner= MY HERO
    Loco: dinner is the win
    Donkey: I should take Dinner out to dinner.

Rosario Vampire Topic= The Record of FC forever. 128 Pages.

Played it on the PC, game was okay. AI was absolutely shitty though, I've never seen dumber AI then I have in that game.

You do have to pay for Ranger Mode:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...0-000054510842

Waste of money since the game should have been like that in the first place.

Story was interesting, and it was a very beautiful looking game. Voice acting and ambient noises were extremely well done, especially when you hear your characters breathing becoming more harsh the longer you go without changing filters.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Yea I will agree with you on the AI thing, partly. The human AI is what is just bad.

Honestly, I don't play the game for the gunplay. Just the atmosphere alone keeps me going back to wonder around. Whether in stations, or abandoned tunnels, I just like to walk around and see what is around. I swear I spent like 20 minutes in Riga the first time through just looking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    Yea I will agree with you on the AI thing, partly. The human AI is what is just bad.

Honestly, I don't play the game for the gunplay. Just the atmosphere alone keeps me going back to wonder around. Whether in stations, or abandoned tunnels, I just like to walk around and see what is around. I swear I spent like 20 minutes in Riga the first time through just looking around.
    Yeah, I didn't clarify with the AI. The human AI is atrocious, but the creature AI is vicious, the librarians (I think) were so fucking scary.

The atmosphere was very well done. I spent a lot of time exploring the areas and just staring at the ground or sky because the game looks damn good. The snow on the ground however, didn't look that good at all. I was a little saddened by how bad the snow looked on the ground.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Uh, that's not just snow. There's shit all over the snow. You know the stuff floating around in the air, I can be ya that is in the snow as well.

Thread Information