Thread: FC Update 1.1

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

FC Update 1.1

FC Update 1.1: The Media Branch

Today, the Media Branch forums were created. This update is on how to use and get involved in the Media Branch

1. How can I get involved?
    a. Sign up in the Department forums you want to work in. Most of you will get the position of Worker, but that's okay. A worker pretty much does his or her job as defined by their Project Leader.

2. What if I want to be a Project Leader or Director of the Department?

a. Well, talk to the Media Chairman. He will either let you have the job, or tell you to wait until you have more experience under your belt.

3. I just want to Forge, and I have my own ideas, what do I do?

a. Sign up as a worker in the department. You'll be assigned to a Director in the Map Creation Division. Apart from your other duties as a worker, you can also just submit your own map and let your Director take a look at it. If they like the idea, they'll send it (Along with the gametype you want to use with it) right to the Map Testing Division and let it be tested and broken. After the Map Testing Division gets their hands on it, they'll send it right to you along with a detailed feedback form. Any and all community maps will be tested as needed. ALL MAPS THAT YOU WANT FEATURED MUST BE PUT THROUGH TESTING FIRST BEFORE WE FEATURE THAT MAP AND GAMETYPE. We just don't put our name and logo on any map without having checked it out first!

4. I'm good at videos, what do I do?

Work in the Video Department foo! Sign up there and just start submitting ideas for videos. A Director might like your idea and use it, and even allow you to run the show if you're good enough. The department is rather flexible that way.

5. Who is the Media Chairman anyway?

KUHBLAM

He's been given moderation powers over the entire Media Branch section, along with access to the War Council. His job is as important as a Field Marshal's job, so give him respect.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them here.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Re: FC Update 1.1

Question, why couldn't this just been piled on update 1.0? Seems kinda pointless to have two updates so closely released and then have two topics about it.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Really Kuhblam fuck. Now we might aswell hired a Monkey to do the job. Lol Jk.
    "AA's for quiters."
    "Welcome to Walmart, get your shit and get out."

LiLxDevon

well its still a update

This update was needed, people don't read posts already read. Trust me. Lol.

Kuhblam? Kuhblam?! Kuhblam.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

congratz to kuhblam

Creator of Vanquish
    #BlameFuzzy

[12:58:35 AM] Silky Tits: Fuzz
    [12:58:46 AM] Silky Tits: Have you ever eaten shit?
    [12:59:02 AM] Greg: Well I have listened to your words for so long

Sorry for my noobness, but if I was to become a Project Worker in the forge department, would I get creative freedom, or would I get a higher up breathing down my neck 24/7?

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

Thanks, everyone.

And Maxdoggy, you watch your tone, son.

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

Forerunner of Fire and Divinity PhoenixPrime's Avatar
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: wsxphoenix

Sorry for my noobness, but if I was to become a Project Worker in the forge department, would I get creative freedom, or would I get a higher up breathing down my neck 24/7?
    To get the Forge Department to support you, you must make your pitch to a higher-up. If you just want to do something independently, that's certainly up to you.

"You must begin by gaining power over yourself; then another; then a group, an order, a world, a species, a group of species; finally, the galaxy itself."

Monday: 4:30-6:30
    Tuesday: 8:00-6:00
    Wednesday: 4:30-6:30
    Thursday: 8:00-11:30 & 3:00-6:30
    Friday: 9:30-6:30

Thread Information