Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Zombie RPG

Alright everyone, it has been WAY to long since we've all gotten a good RPG going, and I think a few of us who used to write them have been itching for one.

So without further delay, I am officially starting...

The ZOMBIE RPG!

We had an AWESOME one back on the old forums that went for MANY pages with MANY people taking part! If you want to jump in and have never done it, watch for a bit, see how it all works, and come on in! The more people the better it gets!

Rules!

1. You must play yourself! What does this mean? It means be realistic as best as possible to what your adult self would be, if you plan on being a highschool teacher, you better not be liberating an F-16 from an Airforce Base.

2. Think/Read before you post. Make sure your post makes sense, if a building was blown up, you can't walk into it in the next post can you? In case of disputes or conflicting post, the first one posted prevails.

3. Be realistic. You will not find a 4 barrel antitank rifle with flamethrower. Same goes for vehicles, and where you gather your "gear". You wont find an RPG in a school, but maybe in the back of an overturned military truck.

4. No killing off anyone elses RPG character without their approval.

5. Make sense in your posts. If you break a wrist in your 2nd post, you shouldn't be doing pushups in the 3rd posts, then pulling someone up a rope in the 4th post.

Location: We are in a fictional version of a place called Cloverdale. Like Racoon city, there is no know country or origin and it's just a city with some forests around it, also a big lake. Easy enough. It's got all the usual things a big city has. Hospital, Police, etc etc.

Zombies: The basic zombies are those of the newest Dawn Of The Dead, 28 Days Later, etc etc. They are not shambling idiots, rather they are fast, dangerous, and very persistant. YOU MAY CREATE ANY OTHER "INFECTED" ANIMAL OR CREATURE YOU WISH TO INCLUDE!

Note: Zombies first appear coming from the forests at Aprx 11:30AM. The RPG starts at about 11:00 so that way the first few posts can set the tone and setting for the RPG.

As per tradition, I will begin! Let's have a blast!

Commander Cody Shaer folded his arms and shifted his weight, leaning against the back wall as the Cloverdale Police Chief, Bryan Wilson, cleared his throat as he stood next to the large white board. The few SWAT team leaders able to find chairs straightened up, those having to stand tried to get as comfortable as they could. Cody didn't mind standing, he did plenty of that in the past. He locked eyes with another SWAT officer across the room, the man's slicked back blonde hair shone in the bright light of the "Ready Room". He cocked an eye brow and Cody gave him a quick nod.

"Good afternoon everyone. I'm sorry to have called some of you in today, but we've had another body turn up, making the total thirteen in the past week."

A few murmurs went through the officers as Chief Wilson pinned a photograph of a horribly mutilated corpse onto the board alongside the others. During the past week, bodies began turning up on the outskrts of the city, along the forests leadingto the mountains, all horribly mutilated and disfigured. This was why the Chief had called the meeting.

"Mayor Kramer is not happy with the body count, and even more upset that we've gotten no where on who is responsible. Regular foot and vehicle patrols have been doubled during the week, and still we have people coming up dead."

Cody scanned the photos along the board, flashbacks of Khandahar piercing his thoughts as he recalled a Taliban attack, the bodies of his comrades torn and shredded like the victims on the white board. He shook his head and rubbed his shorn salt and pepper crew cut, the visions fading back into the shadows.

"Commander Shaer will be coordinating search operations for all SWAT teams in Sector 1 while Commander Cox will be coordinating for Sector 2. Commanders you have the floor" Chief Wilson finished as he motioned for the men to step forward.

Cody pushed of the wall and strode up to the podium. A few whispers shot through some of the younger SWAT officers as he passed by. An impressive man, Cody's six foot frame was densley packed with twohundred and thirty pounds, and many of the younger officers often gossiped about his career in the military before he became the new SWAT Commander a few days earlier.

Commander Allister Cox arrived at the podium just before Cody, quickly brushing a hand through his slicked blonde hair, he was the only one in the room bigger than Cody. A towering six foot five, he boasted the build of a colledge football lineman. He held out a hand as Cody reached the podium. They shook hands and embraced, Al leaning in towards Cody's ear.

"Nice to finally work alongside you buddy. Welcome back." He whispered.

Cody smiled and smacked Al on the shoulder. "Damn good to see you too brother. Been a while since UC."

The two pulled apart, Cody stepping back allowing Allister to adress the team leaders regarding their assingments. Long time friends, the two met during their first year at the Unviersity of Cloverdale and became instant friends and teammates playing defense for the Cloverdale Spurs football team. Allister left the field for the Police while Cody had joined the military, it was the first time they had seen eachother in almost twenty years.

"Once the ground teams have arrived at their start points, Air One will take up a holding pattern over both Sectors, Air Two will stay on the pad and act as relief, choppers will spell eachother off every six hours. Commander Shaer? Anything you wish to add?"

Al turned to Cody, holding his hand out allowing Cody to step to the microphone. Dozens of eyes locked onto Cody as he stepped forward, many noticing the deep scar that ran down his right cheek.

"Gentlemen this is a difficult situation. We have no leads, no suspects, and quite frankly, no idea what the hell is going on, so keep your wits up, remember your training, and stay frosty out there. That's all."

Chief Wilson nodded as the pair of Commanders stepped back from the podium.

"Any questions?"

No one spoke.

"Alright then, you know your jobs, get your gear together and get moving people!"

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

Re: Zombie RPG

Aaron Burwell was just a regular run of the mill network engineer. Shooting rifles have been a passion of his ever since he started playing paintball back in high school. He usually went early during the morning due to the lack of people at the field at 6 AM. He usually takes an M-4 and a 9-mm pistol when he goes alone. Every now and then he takes his son, Caeleb, with him. Caeleb was supposed to come this time, but he never showed up the night before. He usually comes over during the summer and winter breaks due to the custody agreement that was agreed upon with the mother out of court. Aaron just figured it was a problem with the flight paths due to the bad weather where his son lives, so he didnt think anything of it.

Aaron got home around 10 AM and started to pack up his things. While putting his guns back in the gun safe he got a call on his cell. It was Caeleb's mother.

"Hey Aaron i'm just calling to see if Caeleb got there alright."

"What are you talking about? Caeleb's not here"

"What are you talking about? His flight left on-time yesterday. Oh my god what if something happened."

"Calm down alright, i'll call him and see if he's alright. If i don't get an answer i will go to the police and see if they can find him."

"Ok, please call me when you know something. Goodbye Aaron."

"Goodbye."

He then called his son's cell. He tried 6 times and never got an answer.

"Shit, what the hell happened."

He then remembered what he heard on the news about mutilated bodies turning up in the woods.

"He had better not be one of those bodies."

He procceded to grab his weapons in his car and he drove off to the police station. Around 11 AM he got to the police station. He rushed through the doors and he was immediatly greeted by Sgt. Bradson.

"Sir what seems to be the problem?"

"My son's flight came in last night but he never showed up last night. I'm afraid he might be missing."

"Ok sir, how old is he and what does your son look like?"

"He's 18, roughly 6'2", 210 lbs, black hair, looks like hes filippino..."

"Ok sir give me one second to check our files."

He came back around 11:20 with a picture in his hands.

"Sir, is this your son?"

Aaron took a look at the photo, and almost threw up his breakfast. What he was handed was a picture of his son's mutilated corpse.

"Y-y-y-yes. This is him."

"I am sorry for your loss sir"

"Do you know who or what did this to him?"

"Unfortuantly Mr. Burwell, that information is classified right now."

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Cody pulled his balistic vest over his head, careful to properly secure it tightly over his uniform shirt. After clipping on his tactical belt, he opened his sidearm locker and withdrew his Sig Sauer P226. A proffesional, rugged, and reliable pistol, it's 9mm round packs a powerful punch.

He slid his sidearm into its holster and had just snapped his holster sht when he heard a commotion from the main lobby. Quickly grabbing the rest of his gear, he slammed his locker shut. Quickly checking his appearance in the locker room mirror, he turned on his boot and walked out towards the main lobby.

He entered the lobby just as a rather upset man was being led into a conference room by a pair of uniforms. He turned to Sergeant Bradson. "What's going on Sergeant?"

Bradson picked up a photo on the desk and passed it to the SWAT Commander. "Man's name is Aaron Burwell, this is his son Caeleb, he just ID'd him."

Cody looked over the photo and recognized this as the photo Cheif Wilson put up this morning, "Did Mr. Burwell say where his son was coming from?"

The young Sergeant nodded. "Yes sir, said his son was coming in on a plane to Cloverdale International this morning."

Cody thanked the Sergeamt and walked down the hall to the ready room where blown up maps of both sectors had been pinned on the back wall. Quickly locating the airport, Cody reached for his radio and put out a call. "Commander Shaer to Commander Cox come in."

Al's voice hummed over the radio. "Go ahead Cody."

"Al we've identified victim number thirteen as a one Caeleb Burwell. His father is at the station now. His last known location was Cloverdale International. I just checked the maps and it's located on the edge of Sector Two near the forest. Can you vector an SUV to meet me there? Over."

Al quickly checked his tablet onboard Air One to check the situation on the search and sent orders for a three man team to move to the airport. "Rodger that Commander, I'm sending a trio of SWAT to meet you there, out."

Cody clicked his radio in response and walked out of the "Ready Room" and towards the motorcade, nodding to Sergeant Bardson on his way out the front door and was rewarded by a pair of Ambulances racing past, lights flashing, sirens blasting as the pair raced towards Cloverdale General Hospital. He watched them race around the corner and out of sight.

Turning around the wall, he keyed his fob and the Command hummer beeped as the locks disengaged. He moved to the trunk to check the weapons case which sat full and secured. He closed the hatch, threw the key into the ignition and fired up the engine. Pulling onto the road, he stared in awe at a rising column of smoke rising in the direction of the airport. His watch read 11:38AM.

John Houston sat on his counch playing video games like he usally does with some his free time, when he remembered he had made a promise. Some of his freinds were having a party later in the woods to try and impress some girls. His instincts told him it was a very bad idea, but like any other 18 year male he was doing it anyway. He had heard the obscure reports of mutilated bodies in the forest, but thats why their were going. His best friend Will was coming over in about... then he just remembered. "Aww crap not again" He muttered to himself as he threw on his jacket. It was 11:15 and will was going to be there at 11:20 to pick him up. They were going to go to the woods from the Fishing/hunting store. Will wanted to go fishing in the morning so they could bring something back with them. Knock Knock "Yo, john what the hell lets go" He knew Wills voice anywhere, it was just like richtofen from nazi zombies. Will was reconisable too, he was 6,8 skinny, but smart as hell. When we were kids he was the one could make anything and everything. "Yeah yeah im coming" I yelled. John and will were two different people completly. John was 6,1, a lineman for the defencive line, and very lazy. He was smart, but was more street smart than anything. The differances continued because will had a clean shaven head and no facial hair. Where as john had a crew cut that was in need of a cut, and was tring some what succefully to grow a goatee. "Allright lets go"
    "bout fuckin john, I swear your dress too tight around the hips?"
    "Nah, but your mom was havin trouble."
    "Touche, now really lets go I have new idea."
    "Ok, then whats your Idea?"
    "well," he said as we pulled out of my dive way and headed to the store.
    "I was thinking more about those bodies and well, I wanted to to find and kill whatever killed them."
    "What? and how will we do that?"
    "well my secret stash of course."
    "Oh HELL YES!" Wills secret stash was the best armory in the state. All of his love and knack for building went into making weapons. He was kown to break the law and buy peices of milatary grade weapons and then build them. He even had a few G3A4kA assualt rifles and USP 45.s. But his most prized and valuable weapon is his Barrett 50.cal auto sniper. It didnt have any ammo and it still needed a scope, but will was working on that problem apperently. "Yeah, I know how much you've been wanting to try out that G3A4KA and those USPs so ive brought you them and then for me, my barrett and an uzi."
    "Ummm, over kill much. But anyway how much ammo are we talkin about?"
    "About 5 clips for my uzi, 2 make shift clips for the barrett, 5 clips for the G3A4KA, and about 20 clips of 45.s."
    "Uhh what are you expecting out there the taliban?"
    "yes actually I "over heard" Commander Shaer, the new guy, talking about it at the station."
    "Well lets get it on then, i wanna kick some terroist ass!"
    "I know and thats why were going to the shop, Ive ordered my scope so the barrett will be ready. In fact Ive all ready figured it out its here on this map. see theres a ridge in the forest over looking the lake."
    "Oh I get it we could sit there while they come out and we have a perfect spot."
    "exsactly, but first lets go get the scope and party!"
    "OHH YEAH, I can amost feel the action!"
    "We'll be at the party in 20 minutes."

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

After being led to the confrence room, reality hit Aaron like a brick wall. His son is dead. A million thoughts started rushing through his head. Who did this? Why? Was there any way he could have prevented it? How was he going to tell Caeleb's mother? Then it hit him, he needed to find out who did this.

He left the station around 11:28. It was a quick drive home, got there around 11:32. He knew that he would need some decent firepower to get to Caeleb's killers. His M-4 and 9-mm were already in the car. He then proceded to grab his shotgun and his Desert Eagle, along with 3-4 crates of ammo to keep in his trunk. He also grabed his laptop. He installed most of the networks inside the police station, so it would be childs play to hack them and listen to the the police chatter. He then got a call from Caeleb's mother. He ignored it. She called again, and again he ignored her. Finally she sent a text saying "any news?" He knew he had to tell her, but he couldn't bare to tell her and hear her voice. He finally replied to her text. "Caeleb is dead, and im going to find out who did it." He then shut off his phone, not wanting to bare recieving another message.

At 11:42 his car was all loaded up. He then started hacking into the police broadcast. He hoped he would be able to find out what the hell was going on. After he was in the network he started up the car and kept an ear to the laptop. There was chatter of something going on at the airport. Reports of "zombies" walking around. Commander Cody Shaer of the cities SWAT division and 3 other members were dispatched to see what was going on.

"Zombies, what will they think of next."

Right as he said that, something just ran out infront of his car. He hit it while going 50 mph.

"What the hell was that?"

He stepped out of the car and grabbed his 9-mm. Very slowly he walked torwards the body on the ground. It smelled rotton and looked like its been rotting for days. Theres no way that body could have just been running around. Then he noticed that the body started moving, as if it was trying to get up. He unloaded his entire magazine into the corpse. After it was empty he reloaded, and kept it aimed at the corpse. It started moving again.

"WHAT THE FUCK, STAY DOWN."

He then placed a shot to the head that cracked it open. After what felt like forever, he finally decided it was safe to leave the corpse since it didn't move at all after that last shot.

"Ok, zombies. Now its not so crazy."

"I think i had better get to the airport and see whats going on."

He looked torwards the airport and saw smoke billowing from that direction.

"Ah shit, this can't be good."
    Last edited by Juggernaut9473; 06-25-2011 at 06:54 PM.

"Collins! Fire that weapon." Said my National Guard Sergeant

I stood there looking at the chaos at the airport. Finally reality (and training) kicked in. I brought up my M249 SAW and thumbed the safety, and set the Bi-pod on the concrete wall. My finger wrapped around the trigger, and the gun started up. The first couple of targets went down, but still was trying to get back. I sprayed the SAW over them again, they stopped moving.

"Sir!! Dead corpses...getting back up!" Said a PFC. The SGT. looked over the wall and saw the dead come back up. He looked behind us, I did to, seeing another horde of zombies. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I took the SAW off the bi-pod and sprayed behind us, taking down a couple of the first row, but there was so many. All the while, the SGT was trying to figure a way out.....

(Tell me if I'm going in the right direction.)

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

so far so good

I just had so much written and then my computer foze and i lost it all!

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Cut the chatter guys, no need for it. Clogs shit up.

"You're breaking up control, say again, over." Cody barked into his radio and he yanked on the wheel and swerved his Hummer around a truck and blasted through the red light, his sirens blasting as he raced towards the smoke in the distance. His radio cackled as he slammed down the gas and shot down the turnoff.\

"Be advised Commander, there are reports of numerous assults coming in from the airport, cannabalitic in nature, callers describing a "riot" scene, over."

Cody was about to reply to the operator when a girl came running out into the street ahead, a man covered in blood screaming and chasing after her. He swerved left, putting the hummer between the girl and the man and ripped open his drivers side door keying his radio.

"Charlie-50 responding to an assault, corner of Halstrom and 5th." He drew his sidearm and rasied it at the man charging across the street. "CPD get on your knees!"

The man screeched, spittle and blood flying from his mouth. A large gaping wound oozed blood and gore from his stomach, spilling human innards onto the pavement as he got closer.

Cody tightened the grip on his P226, the hellish scene something out of a horror film as he yelled for the man to stop. "Freeze or I will fire!"

The man replied a scream straight out of hell as he rounded the front of the Hummer and reached for Cody. A sharp blast pierced the morning air as Cody fired a single shot, the 9mm round smashing throgh the mans right chest, blasting a hole through his lung large enough to throw his shoulder back and send him stumbling into the hummer.

Cody stepped back, crabbing to his left to get a better angle. He left out a low curse as the "thing" turned and screeched, resuming it's charge once again. Cody took a step towards the man and didn't hold back. Round after round smashed into the mans chest smashing holes clean through the blood stained shirt sneding pools of blood spalshing to the ground.

The creature squeeled and collapsed back, smashing onto the ground with a wet smack, it's wails blasting through the air as Cody lowered his pistol. A crowd of bystanders had formed along the sidewalks, a few people leaving their cars to watch the scene. Cody was reaching for his radio whhen the impossible hapened.

With a wail, the man lifted his head and start to get up, the pavement visible through the multiple wounds in his chest, the stench of blood now fresh in the air. Cody's mouth dropped, and he raised the heavy pistol, unbelieving what he was seeing.

The mans eyes burned yellow red with hatred, his dark hair matted with blood and muck as he screamed at Cody who centered his pistol sights on the mans forehead and pulled the trigger, smashing open the mans skull and sending brain matter splattering onto the road.

He heard a scream from behind him and turned to see a small child clamped onto the back of a womans neck, blood squirting from a deep wound along her throat as they child's face pressed deeper into the bloody mess.

A hand grasped Cody shoulder.

He spun, whipping out his elbow knocking a young girl to the pavement with a grunt. He swung his pistol up and was about to fire when he realised it was the very same girl that had been running from the now dead thing lying infront of the hummer. Her eyes shone, the deep blue begging amongst a tangle of dirty blonde hair. She choked out a "Help me" as tears ran down her cheeks.

A smash casued Cody to look up as a car plowed through a store window sending glass showering to the sidewalk as it caught fire, it's occupants struggling to get free as a half dozen things wailed and came rushing at the car, dragging the driver free and tearing into his flesh.

Cody emptied his clip and ejected it, slamming a fresh one home as a few of the walking dead turned and charged towards him as the first had. He reached down and yanked the girl up, and moved infront of her, back up towards the hummer as he fired at the oncoming group of zombies.

He landed a lucky shot, punching through the right eye of a heavy elderly woman sending her straight to the pavement as if hitting a clothesline. He pushed the girl into the hummer and continued firing one handed as he shoved her across the consle and into the passenger seat.

Polishing of his clip, he ejected the magazine as one of the things got too close. The girl screamed from inside the hummer as Cody kicked a rather muscular Asian man in the chest, knocking him to the ground. He slammed another clip home and dove into the drivers seat, whipping the door shut, and slamming down on the accelerator shooting off down the road.

His car radio buzzed, Allisters voice breaking over the static that all Police and Military were to report to Cloverdale General Hospital for immediate emergency re-assignment. Cody glanced at the girl, told her to buckle up, and yanked on the wheel and shot towards the hospital.
    Last edited by GhostHammer; 06-27-2011 at 01:05 AM.

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

As Aaron pulled up to the gates of the airport, he knew this was going to be hell. As he passed the gate he noticed a SWAT hummer speed past him. He could barely make out the man and a young girl in the car.

"What the hell is going on here that the SWAT is running away?"

As he stopped by one of the terminal gates, he noticed another SWAT hummer flipped on its side. He slowly stopped and grabed his shotgun as he got out of his car. He started to scavenge the SWAT hummer to see if there was anything useful inside. He found a box of grenaids laying on the bottom of the hummer. He only took a few so he would have room for any ammunition he might find. Other than that he found a kevlar vest which could prove useful.

While continuing to look around the airport terminal he started to hear growling noises. He quickly leveled his shotgun and looked around. By the door he noticed a muscular looking asian man with what looked like a boot mark on his chest. There was something oddly familiar about this...

"CAELEB?"

It struck him, it was his son that was standing infront of him.

"Caeleb, I thought you were dead."

All he heard was growling come from Caeleb.

"Caeleb? Are you alright?"

Caeleb then charged him. As he got within 20 feet, Aaron realized that this was no longer the son he once knew and loved. He hit him with the butt of the shotgun hopeing that Caeleb would back off. Caeleb staggered back then charged Aaron again. This time Aaron ducked and swept his feet under Caeleb's legs, knocking him to the ground.

"I'm sorry my son," Aaron said as he shot Caeleb in the face with his shotgun.

The shot rang all throughout the terminal. After a few seconds all fell silent. Then Aaron started to hear groaning coming from all directions.

"Shit i had better get out of here."

He started to make for the door when he heard a loud shriek come from nowhere. Six zombies shot out of cover, all coming for him. One by one shots rang out as each zombie got closer, and then hit the floor finally dead.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five.

Out of ammo. Aaron knew if he didn't do something soon, he would be dead on the floor with his son. Then who would honor his sons memory? No. He couldn't die. Not here, not now. Quickly he took down the zombie the same way he dispatched his son. Then he slammed the butt of the shotgun onto the legs of the zombie, breaking them. He then grabed one of the grenaids that he took from the flipped SWAT hummer earlier, took out the pin, and threw it by the zombies head, and he ran like hell. He barely cleared the doors when the grenaid exploded.

"Shit that was a pain in the ass."

He reloaded his shotgun and headed back for his car. Once he got in, he locked the doors and drove for the outside gates of the airport to put some distance between him and the zombies. He then tuned in to the police broadcast to see if anything was going on. He overheard that the hospital was overtaken by the police and military all together.

"Looks like thats the last safe spot left in town. Before I go see if they need anything there though, I had better make a few 'upgrades' to this bucket of bolts."

He headed to the nearest autobody shop in hope that he would be able to add some armor to the car, it was getting low on gas anyways and needed to fill up, which he could do there. It would take him roughly twenty minutes to get there. He knew that this was going to be a long afternoon.

Thread Information