View Poll Results: What should the age limit for FC be?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll

26 48.15%

19 35.19%

9 16.67%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Re: Age Limit? (Community Poll)

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGUNNY132 View Post
    This.

I already made my post on the subject in the announcement topic. But I 100 percent agree with OzzyIzSick.

People can be mature at 13 or 14. Hell, they can even be mature at 12 like I was. When you implement an age limit like this, you kill off SO MANY potential members. And with one of the main problems right now being recruiting, I would think you would want to give yourself the opportunity to get as many members as possible.

Once again, I think the MAIN goal of this community right now is to get ourselves out there. Garner some sort of attention. We've been this underground War-Sim/Gaming Community for too long. I feel its about time we hit the "Mainstream" for lack of a better word. And I feel implementing an age limit would REALLY hinder any kind of progress in that direction. But if we were to have an age limit, I would vote for 13. Thats how old you have to be to join XBL, thats the age limit to many websites across the net aswell.
    This is true. I first joined at 13. The problem is that those recruiting arn't doing their homework on those that they are recruiting. I speak for my own recruitment in that Raz recruited me way back when. He did his homework and saw that I wasn't a "squeaky" 13 year old. If everyone did this, rather than just recruiting, we'd have no issues in the first place.

Quality > Quantity ALWAYS when it comes to recruitment.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vicious View Post
    Always different sides of the coin. Both sides make compelling arguments. Although we made a decision, it is always up for a small change or discussion. Donkey, your a valued member of FC, always have been and always will. I'll consider this poll, and maybe we can work something out
    Thank you sir, that means a lot coming from you. I only ask that if I can find people below the age group who you think will be qualified to join, that you review them. However, it may turn them away from the community when they have to be "specially observed" only because of their age.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Thank you sir, that means a lot coming from you. I only ask that if I can find people below the age group who you think will be qualified to join, that you review them. However, it may turn them away from the community when they have to be "specially observed" only because of their age.
    Or it could make them better members to the community. I've always done a test on the younger recruits. Just slightly piss them off. If they freak out way to much then it is a no go. It's worked everytime... You guys came from a different generation of kids. These kids today are whiny, must always have their way, and completely self-centered. Trust me I have a 14 year old brother and only two of his friends have been mature during the years of me knowing then from 13 to 14. That's 2 out his entire grade of about 2 thousand kids.

Most of these kids don't even respect their own parents. How are we going to get them to respect any of us?

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    Or it could make them better members to the community. I've always done a test on the younger recruits. Just slightly piss them off. If they freak out way to much then it is a no go. It's worked everytime... You guys came from a different generation of kids. These kids today are whiny, must always have their way, and completely self-centered. Trust me I have a 14 year old brother and only two of his friends have been mature during the years of me knowing then from 13 to 14. That's 2 out his entire grade of about 2 thousand kids.

Most of these kids don't even respect their own parents. How are we going to get them to respect any of us?
    Every generation has those kids.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Quote Originally Posted by d3ad1te View Post
    Every generation has those kids.
    It seems to be getting worse as time goes on. When I was in seventh grade, the eighth graders were the teachers' favorite year because they were so well-behaved. My grade was a little less so when we became eighth graders. The year below us were constantly getting in trouble, with the boys being douches to each other and the girls being bitchy to their own friends. I remember my science teacher saying that he was worried about next year because of how the seventh graders treated each other. True, every generation has it, but it's been getting worse from what I've seen.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I GhostHammer I View Post
    Pointless poll. This is not a democracy. The Forerunners have made their choice. Live with it. Don't like it, leave.
    I partially-disagree with that attitude, the WC is not perfect, if we don't contest some decisions, they won't necessarily be for the betterment of the community.

I do think that the WC makes the right decision alot of the time, with accords and such, but there is frequent defects from that.
    And we should follow what they say, but this could be a big decision, the community should at least be heard.
    (Which they are)
    Last edited by Deathhawk; 06-30-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Halo 2 Veteran
    GFX Artist
    Retired Leader
    Blackheart CO

I agree with Dalton.

The WC does what's in their and the community's best interest, despite what the community's majority opinion is. Typically, their judgement is sound considering they hold the titles that they do. So for the most part, their decisions are good ones. But just because they decide on one thing, with their 3/4 votes doesn't always mean it's the best thing. Again, typically it is, but it's good to have community feedback.

Speaking from the experience of being on the war council a few times, I understand the decision-making process, and I've always felt that community polls or topics help me as a leader take a second perspective on a lot of matters, and that helps me make even more informed decisions.

So I wouldn't say the poll is pointless. It won't directly change any results, but like anything else, it has the potential to inform the War Council of the community's opinion, which should always be taken into consideration, at least.

NIHIL VERUM OMNIA LICITA

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

I agree with the new rule about the age limit, however reading everyone elses posts, im kinda leaning towrds bringing it back down to 13... maybe 14...

Now FC wants to have a "big name" for itself, however alot of people are joining clans or other groups at the age of 13-14... thats like the recruitment stage. People above that age are hard to find, and usually requires some work to get them to join.

We also need to advertise FC better. We need better recruitment videos and put them on Machinima.com or something. Just placing it of FCs youtube page wont accomplish anything, cuz people will have to look through pages for it... on average a new episode on Machinima.com gets atleast 300+views in under 5 min... thats alot of possibilities right there, sure we will get hate messages and thumbs down, but atleast were sticking our neck out.

Im willing to help on the new recruitment videos if we are to do that.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Blog Posts

We want to get bigger we follow deadites approach machinima. He suggested it and I don't think we went to far with it. I saw we make promotional videos for both armies. Carpe and deadite?

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    We want to get bigger we follow deadites approach machinima. He suggested it and I don't think we went to far with it. I saw we make promotional videos for both armies. Carpe and deadite?
    more like anyone, the current ones we have aren't that appealing (sorry).. i know someone can do better and will do better... im willing to help out on it as much as possible and i know im not the only one

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Thread Information