Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Night of Champions Tournaments

Alright ladies, got what it takes to take on multiple people in multiple tournaments? Then here you go. Welcome to “The Night of Champions” Tournament. There will be 4 tournaments. 3 tournaments are for Qualifiers, the last tournament is for the champions of the other 3, but it will be “First person to win 3 games wins it all… and when I mean all, I mean 5,000 Vcash!!!!

Rules:
    • Official MLG rules (of gameplay) apply (meaning, 3 melees = death, ect.)
    • 3 map will be used… (MLG Zealot, *TBA*, *TBA*)
    • Qualifying tournaments will be best of 3 slayer 1v1 matches
    • Microphones are not required, however are preferred
    • Matches will be first to 15, except for the “Championship Tournament” it will be first to 30
    • There will be a Loser Tournament (gives you a second chance to redeem yourself)
    • IF there is an un-even amount of players, I will play, no one gets a “free win”
    • IF you have to leave early, you are disqualified from the tournament, meaning the person who was eliminated last can be brought back into the tournament if they accept, again, NO ONE GETS A FREE WIN.
    • I will set up the matches to make sure everyone is set and ready, and I will check the stats and info off of Bungie.net to see if any foul play was caused or to see what the official final score was.
    • TRASH TALKING IS WELCOMED! However if someone is to take offence to it, it needs to be reported to me asap and a message indicating what was said, I will review it and if I agree it was an offensive statement, the ruling of the game can be overturned.
    • Winner of each tournament is not allowed to enter the other tournaments, except the final tournament.
    • If you show up 5+ min late, you will be scratched off that tournament however are welcome to sign up for the other 2 tornaments.
    • If you are to lose in one tournament, you can still sign up for the others.
    • Each tournament will take place of different days.

First Tournament will begin on Monday, 7/11/2011 at 3pm pacific standard time (6pm est) (sign-up here)

Second Tournament will be announced on a later date

Third Tournament will be announced on a later date

“Night Of Champions” will be announced on a later date

Sign ups for each tournament will be posted here, however follow the link to the official sign up thread.

This thread is to only be used for questions and answers.

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE TOURNAMNETS ON THIS PAGE!!

Congrats to Tournament 1 winner: Guzzie
    Last edited by bazongaman502; 07-11-2011 at 08:27 PM.

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Re: Night of Champions Tournaments

Reflection is not a MLG map and its horrible for 1 vs 1. please pick a different map like MLG zealot or MLG sanctuary.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    Reflection is not a MLG map and its horrible for 1 vs 1. please pick a different map like MLG zealot or MLG sanctuary.
    already on top of it, if someone has an updated version of MLG Zealot, MLG Sanctuary and another MLG map, please show me it that way i can review it...

BTW Reflection is an MLG map and is still used, however hasnt been updated... it is good for 1v1s, i do it all the time there

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

MLG reflection was in MLG V1 and V2 settings mainly because of the lack of good competitive maps to choose from. since the MLG community has made some very nice forge maps it was been replaced. MLG has just released V5 settings about 2 weeks ago. you can get all the new settings from the file share of this Gamertag: mlg gametypes

heres the file share.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Fi...LG%20Gametypes

MLG reflection has not been used since MLG V2 settings, and makes a bad 1v1 map due to the fact that it is not completely symmetrical (only along one axis), and can be considered unbalanced. Current MLG settings being used are V5 settings and if you need V5 versions of Sanc and/or Zealot, I can give them to you. Also, if it is possible at all to change the tournament start time to after 6 pm eastern time, that would be great, otherwise, I will not be able to attend.

Thank you,
    GuzzieStyle
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

@cCrisis I understand, im not retarded and were start a pathetic argument here... reason i chose reflection is becuase theres hardly any camping on a 1v1. Every time iv played Sanctuary, people tend to camp at their base ALOT... accomplishes nothing on a 1v1... Zealot i will consider, its hard to camp on it and is balanced... remember this is a "best of 3" tournament, not just a 1 match and your out.

@Guzzie maybe i can move it up 1 hour, however im gonna want other peoples opinions on that, i dont want to keep people staying up late just to play in a tournament that may not benifit for them (aka lose). 1 Tournament will take place in 1 day, idk how long it can take or anything along those pages, depends who signs up and who shows up.

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

i didn't mean to make it sound like i was calling you retarded, but i was just trying to help you out and i will have to disagree with you when you say reflection is less campy than sanctuary. but everyone has a opinion.

MLG zealot is honestly the best 1 v 1 map in the game. it is balanced and has enough power weapons but not to many. there's a evade, sniper and grenade launcher. so if your not a great sniper you can use the grenade launcher to counter it.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    MLG zealot is honestly the best 1 v 1 map in the game. it is balanced and has enough power weapons but not to many. there's a evade, sniper and grenade launcher. so if your not a great sniper you can use the grenade launcher to counter it.
    thats why im agreeing to Zealot being one of the maps, sanctuary will have to take some persuading for me to agree for it

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

@Guzzie the time is changed to 3pm Pacific Standerd Time (6pm Eastern Time)

I was born Awesome.
    It chose me

use zealot

Thread Information