Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SPARTAN I Program?

Can somebody back me up on this because a few others don't seem to believe me?

My argument:

The SPARTAN I Program, AKA ORION Project, was aimed at countering insurgency operations. Like the SPARTAN II and III Programs, the members were given biochemical augmentations. When the program was shut down, the soldiers with those augmentations were said to have "Boren's Syndrome", which was simply a cover up. Avery Johnson was a member of the SPARTAN I program and those augmentations are the reason he was immune to the Flood.

Their argument:

The SPARTAN Is were those from ancient Greece and Boren's Syndrome is caused by radiation from Covenant weapons.

I'm only posting this to prove a point. Am I right or am I wrong?

Blog Posts

Re: SPARTAN I Program?

Borens Syndrome was given off by Plasma, thats how Johnson got it.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Blog Posts
    Wrong: In Fall of Reach Dr. Halsey tells the Spartans II that they are based off the Spartans of Greece and in fact on the very first day of Spartan II boot camp they showed the to be Spartans a video of the famous 300 at the Battle of Thermopylae. As for Johnson, he received Boren's Syndrome by useing a large crate full of Plasma nades to kill a large amount of covies. The radiation changed his DNA, causing him to be immune to the infection spores of the Flood

If Johnson was ever to be a Spartan, it is most likely that he a possible choice out of 300 other children, only 150 children where picked and about half of that even survived the training
    Last edited by Maxdoggy; 07-18-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Senior Citizen
    Blog Posts

I do believe reading something somewhere that the radiation from the large crate of plasma grenades were a cover-up for Johnson's Semi-Successful Augmentations.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vader View Post
    "Yes, WoW will die, alongside those rebel scum."

actually he is right.... in Contact harvest and the ILoveBees site prove it.... check it out.

http://ilovebees.com/ (this was done by the same people who did the ODST audio files)

Jhonson was the last known active Spartan I but several were non active but alive, Project orion wasn't originally a "spartan" program but a lot of the research went into the Spartan program so Halsey named it spartan II instead of just Spartan. her journal that came with Reach limited also tell a bit about this.

the only thing that he said that was wrong was the SIII's were no made to counter insurgents but were designed to fight the covenant. everything else he said was correct

Jonhsons training wasn't done from a child like the real spartans, and was completely volunteer, but they were given augmentations... tough not as potent as SII's they still had some sever side effects that they couldn't let the public know about so all that were fit for duty were sent back out into the field.

there are even spartan 1.1's (children of spartan 1's) which have a large amount of the augmentation their parents had but with nearly no side effects

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    actually he is right.... in Contact harvest and the ILoveBees site prove it.... check it out.

http://ilovebees.com/ (this was done by the same people who did the ODST audio files)

Jhonson was the last known active Spartan I but several were non active but alive, Project orion wasn't originally a "spartan" program but a lot of the research went into the Spartan program so Halsey named it spartan II instead of just Spartan. her journal that came with Reach limited also tell a bit about this.

the only thing that he said that was wrong was the SIII's were no made to counter insurgents but were designed to fight the covenant. everything else he said was correct

Jonhsons training wasn't done from a child like the real spartans, and was completely volunteer, but they were given augmentations... tough not as potent as SII's they still had some sever side effects that they couldn't let the public know about so all that were fit for duty were sent back out into the field.

there are even spartan 1.1's (children of spartan 1's) which have a large amount of the augmentation their parents had but with nearly no side effects
    ^This

Spartan I was never the project's name, it was Orion, other noteable Orion members include Mendez. Borne's syndrome is caused by excessive plasma exposure, but this was the official cover story for Johnson's Orion augmentations.

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

i knew fiery would save this topic

So I think I win.

The Voice of Reason
    Skynet's Army
    Blog Posts

yes you do trevor

Blog Posts

what? I have read Contact Harvest and I never saw a thing about any Spartan program. The only augments that Johnson received where standard issue to the UNSC and UNMC. These included and not limited to a control cluster implanted at the back of the neck that was meant to up link solders to their HUDs and act as a built in radio so solders on the field can covertly communicate with other solders and Command

Thread Information