Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Halo Reach (What problems does it have?)

Well of course not every games perfect, why would Reach be? Here is a place for you to address (not whine) about some issues that you feel should be patched or fixed.

1) Beat downs will not kill someone unless you completely break their shield. In other words you need to 4 shot beat them down. In Halo 2 and 3 you could just shoot them twice and beat them down. I really hope they patch this otherwise beat downs are pretty pointless (unless your sprinting and going for a double beat down).

2) Only one person can watch a video in theater mode, in Halo 3 you could have 4. This makes no sense at all, I have no clue why they would only allow one. Most people like to watch videos together to show people and talk to them about it. Everyone I know dislikes that it's only 1 person allowed. This is a completely backwards step that they made here.

3) DMR is a 5 shot to kill, I would rather have it be a 4 shot. It shoots slightly faster than a BR though so they say it doesn't really make a difference. I kind of liked the BR spread as compared to the single DMR shot though. Maybe I just miss the BR.

4) The special assassinations look cool and all but all it does is waste time when your playing. I know you have to hold it in order to go into it but sometimes I do it accidentally and it gets me killed. There should be an option to completely remove it from gameplay so that it doesn't happen accidentally and mess you up. This really only applies to competitive gameplay.

5) Maps, really bungie your maps get worse every single video game. Thank god forge is amazing otherwise I would be annoyed. Can't wait for all those forge pros to go crazy and make some amazing maps.

6) Sword, if you beat down a sword guy swinging at you it won't kill you. I guess they really wanted to make the sword worse and worse each game. In halo 2 you could lunge really far and swing it really quickly so stopping the sword was almost impossible. Halo 3 it doesnt lunge as far and the swing is slower so its easier to kill. Halo Reach it has a slightly shorter lunge and if you sword a guy and he melees at the same time it won't kill him. Leaving time for him to maybe luckily escape or for an enemy teammate to kill the you before you finish the job. This one isn't a big deal, more of an observation.

7) Rockets and Shotgun, both are way too overpowered. If their was a scope on the shotgun I bet you could shoot people across the map.

8) Pistol, should be more ammo in each clip. I find that it's pretty pointless to use considering you have to reload with it every second resulting in you most likely dieing. It seems to be better than a dmr up close though.

If I didn't cover them all feel free to mention some lol. Also please comment if you think I am wrong or right on whatever I said.

Livestreams
    View Channel: Yehsus

Re: Halo Reach (What problems does it have?)

Eh the only thing I've noticed but not sure if I hate it or love it, is how the sniper rifle can take down a scorpion tank in a couple shots. Just seems weird.

et ducit mundum per luce

Blog Posts

Paradiso (sido) makes me want to strangle bungie...
    And Boardwalk. It's huge, has huge amounts of power weapons (in odd places) and only seems to work with swat or snipes

that place called "The Heart of Dixie" Alabama

i agree with some of your problems but others i disagree with almost fully.

1) beatdowns, while sometime the need for the double beatdowns gets annoying, mostly when your one shot and trying to finish a multikill and your enemies shields aren't all the way down, then you hit them once and they smack you right back and you die, then it gets annoying.

2) Theater mode, being mag made 1 person only was a necessary sacrifice, because having more than one cause networking problem and negatively affected other more used aspects of the game. plus you can now rewind in firefight and campaign.

3) I agree with the DMR, sometimes i do really miss the four shot BR and the spread, but i assume that is only a temporary thing while we all just get adjusted to Reach.

4) I fully agree with the assassination part.

5) Personally i like these maps. Especially the ones remade from Halo 2.

6) I don't use the sword a lot but i can see how this would be annoying, but I think it is mainly just to try and balance all of the weapons. Maybe this will be fixed in October when Bungie does their first live bug sweep and updates.

7)I like the both Rockets and Shotgun are, to me it seems like you have point-blank with the shotgun to get a one shot kill. The Rockets just massive amounts of splash damage.

8)Pistol definitely needs more ammo in each clip.

As for Yehsus, I love it i can play big team and be destroyed by the tank constantly, plus if your steady enough you can just snpe the driver out of the tank and not do damage to it, so you or one of your teammates can take it.

The pistol is fine, its not supposed to be exactly like that halo one pistol, it can shoot fast at loss of accuracy or you can be accurate and kill a person in one clip if they are all head shots.

also the DMR > BR if you stop spazzing on the trigger while using it and find the perfect rhythm its a great weapon and really easy to take on 2 people in a row with out dying, But of course the rhythm changes depending on the range slightly

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

uhmm... you guys do know that you dont HAVE to do the special assinations right? They only happen if you hold down the beatdown button when your smacking someone in the back.

----------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    I love the kid I really do. But damn I've never seen anyone start more shit then him

1) Beat downs suck in Reach.

2) Theater mode got worse.

3) DMR would be better without the redicule getting bigger.

4) Assassination is a problem i just know to tap beatdown and not hold it sown.

5) Maps suck. except the halo 2 remakes.

6) sword is pointless to even consider picking up.

7) rockets are cool how they are. shotgun is overpowered.

8) Pistol does need larger clip.

9) This isnt a complaint but its easy to headshot with sniper.

10) Ranking system blows!

These are the dumbest complaints I have seen.

Glad bungie doesn't read this site or the game would be like Halo 3 all over again.

And we don't want to play that piece of broken trash again.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Quote Originally Posted by zZ Dr K Zz View Post

Glad bungie doesn't read this site or the game would be like Halo 3 all over again.

agreed

Quote Originally Posted by zZ Dr K Zz View Post

Agreed, I dont see any of these problems.
    "AA's for quiters."
    "Welcome to Walmart, get your shit and get out."

Thread Information