Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Gamertag Corrupted

That's sooooo gay. Get it back so you can play Tower!

"In Batman we trust."

Doubt Batman will help.

He's too busy looking for Rachel.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Quote Originally Posted by RaZ Vicious View Post
    So, short story... My Gamertag has been corrupted..basically..

Cant sign on with my account until they find out what happened

Raz,

Sorry to hear that. That really sucks. If Microsoft does any tracking of any kind they should be able to send the authorities information about doing a trace from where the credit card purchase came from (location wise). Your bank may also be able to find out where the purchase originated from. I really hope whoever did that do you gets what's coming to them. 10 years in federal prison for Fraud and Identity Theft.

On the bright side - this is an excellent opportunity to change all your passwords

--KMS
    Memento Mori | Deo, patriae, amicis

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KMS Ahrnaiaenin View Post

Raz,

Sorry to hear that. That really sucks. If Microsoft does any tracking of any kind they should be able to send the authorities information about doing a trace from where the credit card purchase came from (location wise). Your bank may also be able to find out where the purchase originated from. I really hope whoever did that do you gets what's coming to them. 10 years in federal prison for Fraud and Identity Theft.

On the bright side - this is an excellent opportunity to change all your passwords

--KMS
    exactly what he said... if that individual spends over $100, they can face 2-3 years of prison, but over $200 can put them in for 5-6 years... now lets toss in identity theft... that can go from 3-6 years... oh and plus hacking (which i believe is only a year)... there not gonna add them onto each other, but the person can still face 10-15 years of prison... hope it was worth it for whoever did it... RaZ i know your not laughing now, but you probably will laugh your ass off when you get told the person got caught

Any idea how much money they took? (as in MSP?)

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

The title is a bit misleading, Your gamertag wasn't corrupted more so hacked. Its good to not hold grudges with certain people.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology."

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

actually bozonga...todays hackers over xbl are smarter than you think. The odds of that person ever getting caught are slim to none. Mainly because they can't trace him. Due to his Ip not being directly connected to him. No not a ghost Ip. but routed to somewhere else. Possibly different country. Most hackers these days link them selves to servers over in Europe or Austrailia. Some still link to a different house. There was one hacker who actually died due to brain tumor that linked his house to 7 different empty warehouses and all that was in the warehouses was a laptop. all over the USA. SO like i said the odds of them catching him/her...Slim to none. Although I would love to see him get caught.

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    actually bozonga...todays hackers over xbl are smarter than you think. The odds of that person ever getting caught are slim to none. Mainly because they can't trace him. Due to his Ip not being directly connected to him. No not a ghost Ip. but routed to somewhere else. Possibly different country. Most hackers these days link them selves to servers over in Europe or Austrailia. Some still link to a different house. There was one hacker who actually died due to brain tumor that linked his house to 7 different empty warehouses and all that was in the warehouses was a laptop. all over the USA. SO like i said the odds of them catching him/her...Slim to none. Although I would love to see him get caught.
    this is true x.x
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

Sadly it is...

105th Helljumpers
    See you in hell

Some Good news. Microsoft has given me a temp 1 month until they can figure out whats wrong with my account. Ill add people tonight!

Thread Information