Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Another suggestional thought.

Jokers post was brought to WC because the content of the messages was deemed inappropriate... the messages and the content of them was already seen and closed by the WC and was meant to be kept from public (i don't know why) i would just drop it or come to me or cappone first please because me and capone talked with GhostHammer about it... its because joker didn't come to one of us first that this ended up happening

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

while i agree that this is a war sim and their needs to be someone with more power and have the ultimate decision, i do feel trying to make it like the military in how we act and how the normal individuals are treated by someone with power isn't fun for anyone who isn't a person with those powers.

i don't think ghosthammer is a bad FM but sometimes i do believe he uses powers to get his way or the highway. overall he does a great job in controlling and regulating what need's to be done to be a successful community.

i would love to see more than 1 individual being in the position as FM, so that it's not a 1 person decision and more of a community collaboration.

also the whole coldest thing is a huge misunderstanding. coldest's whole goal was to help members in FC so that they would have fun. he didn't do it the right way and pissed off a lot of people in power because of it. his intentions were good but misunderstood.

i have known coldest for 5+ years and honestly he will always put his position of power in jeopardy for what he believes in. this made a lot of people not like him and eventually cause his demise from FC.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 08-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

I'm not saying he bad at what he is supposed to do but he does use his power and uses it to get things the way he wants. And in all reality that's not how he should be doing anything because leaders are supposed to set examples so am I supposed to follow that or should other officers follow that??

And I was just making statements on how people want to treat this like it is military based so might as well use military style regulations. Can't have the "rank" without the true rules. Not just rules someone else made for the situation.

Personally I think most of it comes from the fact that officers here, like Ghosthammer, have been handed an impossible postion. They are being given absolute authority, and with little to no checks or balances in place for that power a flaw occurs. The current system in place creates bullies, even well intentioned one's. So while I agree, and have been trying to show people, that something needs to be done, I do not agree that the fault is in our current Field Marshal. Actually, given what he has to work with, he seems to do an ok job.

Quote Originally Posted by JokerJerryA-13 View Post
    Personally I think most of it comes from the fact that officers here, like Ghosthammer, have been handed an impossible postion. They are being given absolute authority, and with little to no checks or balances in place for that power a flaw occurs. The current system in place creates bullies, even well intentioned one's. So while I agree, and have been trying to show people, that something needs to be done, I do not agree that the fault is in our current Field Marshal. Actually, given what he has to work with, he seems to do an ok job.
    Actually when it comes to Field Marshals, they have to answer to the Forerunners. The 4 of us have the authority to remove someone from command. We make sure one does not abuse his position. However your stated flaw does in fact apply to the Forerunners. There is no real check and balance system for us. Is it something we should look at? It can be.

As specifically pertaining to Ghosthammer as REDD FM, based on what he is doing in the Army he is doing a fine job and will keep his position just as well. Unless there is some evidence or event that happens that changes that. Is Ghosthammer a little rough? He might be, but that is his nature.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Blog Posts

can't argue with results

I'm right back at it again...

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    can't argue with results
    "These test results clearly are wrong, I don't have AIDS."
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Metkil5685 View Post
    Actually when it comes to Field Marshals, they have to answer to the Forerunners. The 4 of us have the authority to remove someone from command. We make sure one does not abuse his position. However your stated flaw does in fact apply to the Forerunners. There is no real check and balance system for us. Is it something we should look at? It can be.
    With that being said, I would like to re-suggest (as the first one was deleted) that a impartial member and or commity be given a seperate set of authority. Not all powerful or anything like that. I won't try to give specifics, because there are many ways to do it, but I can give a good example:

I was brought into both FC and Broken Arrow by Coldest, mostly through a lot of begging on his part. Broken Arrow being his group clan thingy, and him being self aware enough to know he does not keep a level head, I was put in a postion simply titled "The Judge." This made it so that regardless of what happened between members of any standing, no one could be banned from the group without my approval, and whle I have never had need to use it, I have set up a proccess should I ever need to: listen to both sides equally, question things until I understand the issue 100%, and figure out if the given situation needs the banhammer or some lesser form of punishment. because of this postition that I hold, I am not an active member of BA, that way I remain impartial, regardless of who is involved.

I am not saying that that is the solution here, but there does look like a very large need for something similar.

Just my thought.

Blog Posts

Jerry, I know you haven't been here long, but FC is run like a Dictatorship, through the four Forerunners and the Field Marshals that create the War Council. It is that group of members that is our Supreme Court and final ruling, and they do make their rulings off of a fractional voting from all of them. Sometimes things may seem harsh, but it is their rule that is final, or else we would hinge on chaos.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Jerry, I know you haven't been here long, but FC is run like a Dictatorship, through the four Forerunners and the Field Marshals that create the War Council. It is that group of members that is our Supreme Court and final ruling, and they do make their rulings off of a fractional voting from all of them. Sometimes things may seem harsh, but it is their rule that is final, or else we would hinge on chaos.
    Have you listened to very many people lately, wouldn't you define a mainstay member such as Juggernaut quitting over drama a hint that chaos exists already? As to the rest of what you mention, I am not sugesting a change in that. I am suggesting something that keeps things in perspective a bit more. This is a war sim, things like rank and the chain of command are important with that. But what happens if you don't trust anyone in your chain of command, including the Forerunners, enough to go directly to them? In the Army we had the "Inspector General" (IG) that we could turn to when that was the case, and that was in a REAL war situation. Why not create something along those lines? I mean, anything that helps balance things out will do more to help this comunity than staying the same will.

Thread Information