Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Campaigns

Exclamation Campaigns

What is a Campaign? Basically it would be like a regular war, just with its own back-story/plot.( and they would probably run a few weeks shorter than an actual war)

1. We could have many of the talented writers on these forums come-up with several campaign ideas.

2. I(and other artists) could create trailers for these campaigns, detailing the conflict/plot.

3. A talented GFX artists could create a custom battle map and the community could create forged maps tailored for each campaign.

Examples.

War-time Campaigns
    The BLUE army finds a Halo Array, REDD rushes to stop them from harvesting the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. Play on maps that include the Halo.

Peace-Time Campaigns
    An uneasy alliance is made between REDD and BLUE as they try and stop an infection from killing the entire human population. Basically just a Infection campaign to keep people occupied during peacetime.

Think its a great idea to keep people interested in FC and even advance our own backstory. Not to mention a lot of the fan-fiction our forum-mates are writing would actually be about real battles in the war.(plus machinimas)

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Re: Campaigns

Quote Originally Posted by d3ad1te View Post
    What is a Campaign? Basically it would be like a regular war, just with its own back-story/plot.( and they would probably run a few weeks shorter than an actual war)

1. We could have many of the talented writers on these forums come-up with several campaign ideas.

2. I(and other artists) could create trailers for these campaigns, detailing the conflict/plot.

3. A talented GFX artists could create a custom battle map and the community could create forged maps tailored for each campaign.

Examples.

War-time Campaigns
    The BLUE army finds a Halo Array, REDD rushes to stop them from harvesting the most powerful weapon in the galaxy. Play on maps that include the Halo.

Peace-Time Campaigns
    An uneasy alliance is made between REDD and BLUE as they try and stop an infection from killing the entire human population. Basically just a Infection campaign to keep people occupied during peacetime.

Think its a great idea to keep people interested in FC and even advance our own backstory. Not to mention a lot of the fan-fiction our forum-mates are writing would actually be about real battles in the war.(plus machinimas)

i like the campaign/mini war idea. it would give a chance for some good invasion gameplay.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

It would work I could help write the story was going to in in my story "Reaching X-Ray" how these wars started (well my own way I guess)
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

the only problem i see with it is that often times HC and higher groups use peace time too change things and work on fixing things... if they have to manage another set of battles on top of that it could be a bit harder

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

I was thinking somthing similar as of late.

We all talk about the "Risk" feeling of the battle map, and I had thought maybe the Forerunners could have a bunch of secret missions that an army would be assigned at random during a war. Completion of thismission could give them extra credits, troops, etc and thus could also impact what maps become more important, thus a direct route to the capital may not be as beneficial.

Just a thought. Do love the in war stuff, outside of the war would be awesome but as Eagle said it could be tough to adjust/fix stuff while doing this at the same time.

Blog Posts

Honestly I love the idea, they wouldn't be so much as actual battle-nights rather a few pre-selected squads fight for control of the maps. Then from the outcome FC writers can get a detailed report and write about it.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    Honestly I love the idea, they wouldn't be so much as actual battle-nights rather a few pre-selected squads fight for control of the maps. Then from the outcome FC writers can get a detailed report and write about it.
    This would also give meaning to squads about their histories and well known battles, lus allows for "special forces" on certain campaign objectives.

Blog Posts

Yes, I've always been wanting to impliment actually meaning into some of the War battles instead of just like slayer. Doesnt have the same war-sim feel to it as say, actually forged objectives might.

Deadite, you should totally forge some maps like that like Battlefield Halo, only FC Halo xD
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    the only problem i see with it is that often times HC and higher groups use peace time too change things and work on fixing things... if they have to manage another set of battles on top of that it could be a bit harder
    It wouldn't be on-top of battle nights, it would replace them. Its very similar concept to what we have now just more story involved.

And in peace-time non HC members would be able to participate in more story driven battles(aka an infection campaign or FC Olympics haha)

This would also give meaning to squads about their histories and well known battles, lus allows for "special forces" on certain campaign objectives.
    Exactly. A better written history of FC, we just need dedicated writers(which we have) and I would personally create videos for them.(we have more video editors as-well).

It'd be awesome to see people talking about a vicious Halo Array campaign from 2011.(or in FC years 2611)

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

This is interesting. I can try to write a mock story about both armies and the main reasons why they fight and why they fight in certain gametypes. Not sure when I will be able to write it, but it won't be too long.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Thread Information