Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Writing/Backstory Department?

So GhostHammer, EAGLE, and I (along with a few others) have been discussing the fact that there's been no official FC backstory written up in terms of events that have happened within our community's role playing story. So why not have a department specifically for writing the expanded backstory, omitting names/locations?

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

Re: Writing/Backstory Department?

I don't think we need a whole department to get this done just a select few members.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Blog Posts

We will have a set group to be the creators of the official time-line and tech. Then anyone that has a cannon entry sends it to that group to make sure everything is in check with the back story.

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    I don't think we need a whole department to get this done just a select few members.
    But here's the thing: we already have people writing it. But it's taking FOREVER. If we have a department dedicated to writing the story, it'll get done faster.

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Here was my take.

We have a group who write the Official FC story from Covenant War End to Battle For Reach, no details in terms of people, battles, etc. It's more a story of what happened ot get to this point that coinsides with the historo of FC, for example.

1. Human/Cov war ends
    2. UNSC Loses control, Empire starts
    3. RvB Retaliation, The "Blues" retaliate the the Empire, warlords start picking sides
    4. FC, battle for Forerunner tech begins between the Empire and the Blue
    5. Un-easy peace declared due to massive casualties on both sides
    6. FC Reborn, the conflict is renewed and the battle for the Forerunner tech continues
    7. FC Revolutions, much FR tech destroyed/used, the conflict is reborn again focusing on Reach

This is just my basic idea of the timeline that works with both the story and our community history.

Then when it comes to the details, specific battles, characters, etc, that would be written by members who would submit their stories to the "Backstory Department" who would ensure good quality writing and correct reference to the official story. Once done and approved, that story would be posted to add deph and details.

In such, people would write "fan ficition" on the FC story, allowing everyone to have their stories put into our backstory.

Blog Posts

I'm pretty sure Kuhblams Story was the official backstory, but not what happened before it. I just came up with some random story way before-hand that after the Covenant-Human War ended, the leaders of the UNSC got together to discuss how the territories gained from the combat would be separated, however certain leaders already planned to coup and a surprise battle took place on Sandtrap (the neutral map we used to start on every time on Halo 3.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h27aN...eature=related

Werent these our early origins? (although its opposite from what we have now lol with Blue being the 'Empire'.)

If there is a team assigned to create backstory, I would love to volunteer. I love writing.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

I thought either Eri or Kuhblam made one?

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

Halo 2 Veteran
    GFX Artist
    Retired Leader
    Blackheart CO

Kuhblam's story is cannon. The factions I have already created are cannon. As long as you don't change what's already been put down, I wouldn't mind it. And, just like all new Star Wars material goes through George Lucas before it's published as official cannon, I'd appreciate if whoever wants to add to the official cannon ran it by Kuhblam or myself.

That being said, anyone can write 'fannon' and you don't need anyone's permission to do so. Fannon is your interpretation of the universe. I understand that's not the main focus of the topic, but I thought I'd throw it out there for others.

But again, if anyone is going to legitimately add to what cannon we've already established, please run it by Kuhblam and myself.

NIHIL VERUM OMNIA LICITA

Blog Posts

Honestly EriRi this idea is for the exact purpose that you just said. We want to allow writers in this community to write materiel that is cannon with our back story. So then we can have sn expansive universe that this community solely creates off the idea of Halo.

My Desk

Blog Posts

Honestly EriRi this idea is for the exact purpose that you just said. We want to allow writers in this community to write materiel that is cannon with our back story. So then we can have sn expansive universe that this community solely creates off the idea of Halo.

My Desk

Thread Information