Quote Originally Posted by Acid View Post
Like I said it's not for me. I have a pretty fine desktop. It's for my friend. He's a bit on the poorer end and he's saved up all summer. But the graphics card this one has is pretty decent. It also has a Intel Core i5 Processor which is pretty good.

Chances are this will play Crysis 2 near max settings.

I also said maybe BF3. Plus MY current Graphics card is almost a year old and I played my friends copy of BF:BC pretty smoothly.

EDIT: I just checked Skyrim's system requirements. This laptop should be able to run it with all settings on Medium and some Anti-Aliasing on. While running smoothly.
minimum requirements does not always mean it can run well at that... i had more than minimum requirements for dead rising 2 and it lagged like hell...

he is better off looking for a good used gaming laptop if he needs to be on the cheap....

dark... ATI makes radeon... not asus.... and this is a laptop changing graphics cards is not easy and sometimes voids warranty on a new computer (mostly laptops).

Asus doesn't really do anything that special... my compaq desktop was a great deal at the time and my HP laptop was a good deal for the price.... (this thing is a power house)

Acid an I3 processor would be more than you would need for anything as they are incredibly powerful... if your stuck between choosing an I3 or a slightly more expensive I5 go for the I3 cause your not going to use the difference in power