Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Looking for a Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Acid View Post
    Like I said it's not for me. I have a pretty fine desktop. It's for my friend. He's a bit on the poorer end and he's saved up all summer. But the graphics card this one has is pretty decent. It also has a Intel Core i5 Processor which is pretty good.

Chances are this will play Crysis 2 near max settings.

I also said maybe BF3. Plus MY current Graphics card is almost a year old and I played my friends copy of BF:BC pretty smoothly.

EDIT: I just checked Skyrim's system requirements. This laptop should be able to run it with all settings on Medium and some Anti-Aliasing on. While running smoothly.
    minimum requirements does not always mean it can run well at that... i had more than minimum requirements for dead rising 2 and it lagged like hell...

he is better off looking for a good used gaming laptop if he needs to be on the cheap....

dark... ATI makes radeon... not asus.... and this is a laptop changing graphics cards is not easy and sometimes voids warranty on a new computer (mostly laptops).

Asus doesn't really do anything that special... my compaq desktop was a great deal at the time and my HP laptop was a good deal for the price.... (this thing is a power house)

Acid an I3 processor would be more than you would need for anything as they are incredibly powerful... if your stuck between choosing an I3 or a slightly more expensive I5 go for the I3 cause your not going to use the difference in power

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

To play Battlefield 3 to a point where it looks good, requires an extreme graphics card here are the recommended stats for Battlefield 3s Alpha Trial (I was in)

Windows 7 or Vista (SP1)
    EA Origin
    CPU: quad core 2.0 GHz or faster
    RAM: 4 GB or more
    Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
    Video RAM: 512 MB or greater
    DirectX 10 or 11 compatible video card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
    Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
    Internet: broadband connection

Now these are the recommended system specs. So build something like this. (But DONT buy a computer BUILD one you will save hundreds of dollars)
    Last edited by Synaster Wolf; 08-13-2011 at 11:48 PM.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology."

Quote Originally Posted by Major Wolf View Post
    To play Battlefield 3 to a point where it looks good, requires an extreme graphics card here are the minimum stats for Battlefield 3s Alpha Trial (I was in)

Windows 7 or Vista (SP1)
    EA Origin
    CPU: quad core 2.0 GHz or faster
    RAM: 4 GB or more
    Hard Drive: 7.25 GB free disk space
    Video RAM: 512 MB or greater
    DirectX 10 or 11 compatible video card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
    Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
    Internet: broadband connection

Now these are the recommended system specs. So build something like this. (But DONT buy a computer BUILD one you will save hundreds of dollars)
    except buy laptops as they are a bitch to build and one small thing wrong you can fry all your parts.

building is generally better but lately the price to build and buy are about the same

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.

Well posting here was almost completely useless. And Metkill, I never said anything about minimum requirements. I was look at the recommended settings.

It was almost useless posting here...

Well posting here was almost completely useless. And Metkill, I never said anything about minimum requirements. I was look at the recommended settings.

Those are in fact the recommended settings and you said almost completely useless twice.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative: violence. Force must be applied without apology."

I never said anything about requirements, check your facts and names before you post something directed at someone.

Also, these folks are right. You wanted our input and we gave it you. You can't even be appreciative of it? Yes, I am quite upset.

I'll boil it down. With the current price given, you are going to get minimal performance on a laptop. This is why I am suggesting looking at desktops as well because it might be a better investment.
    Photobucket is garage, sig coming eventually.
    Need an Admin? Contact me, I am always around.
    "Metkil is the best admin ever" - Silko 2015
    "metkil is god, metkil is life" - Guzzie 2016

Uh ASUS does make radeon as well.. They make just about everything... And yes it normally does void the warranty but that's covered under other warranties depending on where you buy it from. And changing a graphic card is quite simple for me. Takes about 15 minutes...

My campaq sucks ass, my MSI sucks ass, and my acer sucks ass... My asus however... RAPES. Got this little bitch for $350 and it was retailed at $750+ and I use it for computer software programming.

Sorry I meant to say fiery. Calm the fuck down Metkil. I just put the wrong name down.

Quote Originally Posted by DrkAng3l Reborn View Post
    Uh ASUS does make radeon as well.. They make just about everything... And yes it normally does void the warranty but that's covered under other warranties depending on where you buy it from. And changing a graphic card is quite simple for me. Takes about 15 minutes...

My campaq sucks ass, my MSI sucks ass, and my acer sucks ass... My asus however... RAPES. Got this little bitch for $350 and it was retailed at $750+ and I use it for computer software programming.
    AMD makes radeon... i think i said ATI first.... its AMD ATI radeon.... asus is a brand name they don't make many parts, if any themselves its just pre built computers... and your laptop may be designed to have parts swapped out easily... desktops are no problem but a lot of laptops have a hard time cause they don't have the space for the stuff and a lot is just integrated all together... if i were to open my laptop the only thing i would be able to change is the RAM, everything else is all integrated to save space

Sorry I meant to say fiery. Calm the fuck down Metkil. I just put the wrong name down.
    i was just saying don't trust what they say all the time... its not always 100% accurate... a game like syrim will be pretty intensive on a computer especially when in the outside areas even on low settings. it may not be optimal or fun to play with this set up.

like i said i sugest trying to find a used set up to save some money you can get some good ones from people who are upgrading pretty cheaply.

Whats your zombie plan?

ASUS isn't just a brand name man I promise you lol. Take you comp apart and run the motherboard up to somewhere I can almost promise you it's made by ASUS.. And correct amd makes radeon cards but so does ASUS as well as Nvidia cards lol. And the only reason I know this is because its something I was taught in my stupid classes when I went to a career center my senior year of high school lol.

Thread Information