Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supporter

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Supporter

Brainstorm. Just a thought, needs some refinement.

What is a Supporter?
    A Supporter is a member of the FC Community who has helped out the site and/or community as a whole, in one way or another. Because of their help, they are given special access around FC, that you can only get by being a Supporter or Vcash. Here are the special privileges you can get for becoming a Supporter:
    New Color for your Username.
    You can define your own User Title.
    Higher limits on PMs (i.e. Send PMs to more members at once)
    Help with the initial decision of narrowing down Contest and Challenge Entries.
    Others?

For those of you from other sites, a Supporter is in no way a Staff Member; but rather just a helpful individual who gets a few extra perks around the site.

How do I get Supporter?
    There are several ways to get Supporter, and I will take you through all of them.

Being Helpful

For those who are just generally good people, who always help others and give to FC without looking for anything in return.

If you fit in this category, we might see it necessary to grant you Supporter; but we don't take this lightly, and telling somebody that their map was good doesn't equate to helping the community.

This is for the shining individuals amongst you.

Winning A Challenge/Feature/Contest
    If you are lucky enough to be picked by the community as a winner of one of FC's many challenges, then you will be granted temporary Supporter access.

Donation
    I know that to some, it sounds tacky that you can give money to be a Supporter, but sometimes all you can do to help is give Monetary Support. If you see fit to give FC a donation, then you will be granted your Supporter status.

The donation required to become a Supporter is $20 USD, and will give you Supporter for a full year.

For more information, please see the Donation Page.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Re: Supporter

I like the concept, perhaps a new ribbon?

People who actually support in such a way already get rewarded enough, IMO.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

We already award such members who do these things, I feel this would be a little redundant.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

Good idea in theory, but like everyone said above me, it is a little redundant it seems. We have Ribbons, Awards, and vCash, and give-a-ways. I really don't know what else we can possibly do.

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

Agreed, although a nice idea it is redundant.

~Kuhblam

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

It was an idea to help reincorporate some of those ideas in a way that would make standard members or those who just want to be enlisted feel special.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Blog Posts

It isn't redundant because where vCash and Awards can eventually go away, changing your user title can make sure people know what you have done. That's why ribbons are used, but they don't tell everything that someone has done this community.

This can really help people the people get out their more who have created graphics for the site or who have created videos for the community.

As Carpe said in OP, it should along go to members who are always helping either the Army or members of the community. Which we all know they are out their I could name a few in REDD myself. They do more then are asked and get nothing in return.

Personally I love this idea!

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

It seems like a short-cut to Respected Members, which we have recently made more harder to join. Why give a Supporter extra perks when Respected Members don't?

If you want recognition, keep working hard and you'll find your place. I see no reason to add an intermediate usergroup which is in fact redundant when there are a billion other ways to earn recognition for short contributions (specifically ribbons). No disrespect intended, of course.

~Kuhblam

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

Lore Author
    Spartans Never Die
    Facta Non Verba
    Winter Is Coming
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: ighosthammeri

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhblam View Post
    It seems like a short-cut to Respected Members, which we have recently made more harder to join. Why give a Supporter extra perks when Respected Members don't?

If you want recognition, keep working hard and you'll find your place. I see no reason to add an intermediate usergroup which is in fact redundant when there are a billion other ways to earn recognition for short contributions (specifically ribbons). No disrespect intended, of course.

~Kuhblam
    I agree. Ribbon at the most.

Thread Information