Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Re: Halo Reach title update footage on damnation

Quote Originally Posted by RetRdidMunkie View Post
    Lack of bloom= better.

Makes individual skill matter more now, cuz the bloom in reach was fuckin retarded..
    how was their no skill in Reach?

and dont say randomness or "luck"... heard that excuse far to many times and has yet to be backed up

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    how was their no skill in Reach?

and dont say randomness or "luck"... heard that excuse far to many times and has yet to be backed up
    i have backed it up many times, please read my 4 pages of wall's of text.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 08-19-2011 at 05:14 AM.
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

I want to Play Halo, you want to play Reach. Understandable, now its giving us the choice as it should of from the beginning. As for things being canon, multiplayer isnt canon.
    So ill leave all that in the campaign, books, and other media for halo.

Quote Originally Posted by L0rd Kanti View Post
    I want to Play Halo, you want to play Reach. Understandable, now its giving us the choice as it should of from the beginning. As for things being canon, multiplayer isnt canon.
    So ill leave all that in the campaign, books, and other media for halo.
    i never talked about cannon... i was talking about the way it was meant to be from the begging... the way the first halo was supposed to be.

The halo 1 pistol was over powered and bungie even admitted it, they also stated it was an accident where the testing version of the pistol left in the game, which had about 2-3X the dam it should.... but at the same time it wasn't that bad... whenever i played multiplayer it was not that big a deal if some one had a pistol cause they couldn't kill you that easily if you also had the skill to dodge it

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    i never talked about cannon... i was talking about the way it was meant to be from the begging... the way the first halo was supposed to be.

The halo 1 pistol was over powered and bungie even admitted it, they also stated it was an accident where the testing version of the pistol left in the game, which had about 2-3X the dam it should.... but at the same time it wasn't that bad... whenever i played multiplayer it was not that big a deal if some one had a pistol cause they couldn't kill you that easily if you also had the skill to dodge it
    it was one of bungies greatest mistakes to have a 3 shot pistol =p

and the thing about the pistol that made it great was, it was something that was extremely hard to master, but if mastered it was the best weapon in 90% of all situations.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 08-19-2011 at 03:58 PM.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    i have backed it up many times, please read my 4 pages of wall's of text.
    (in my opinion) you havent had a valid argument...

So your telling me that (hypothetically speaking) the Greatest Soldire in the entire world whent into a fight all by himself and was going against multiple "horrible" soldires, that he (The Greatest) Soldire would always win? no, Luck is found everywhere removing it wont solve anything...

And then you also said "They aren't REMOVING bloom, there just fixing it"... then you said the percision weapons will be the ones that are fixed, but the close ranged ones wont be (either you said this or someone else did.. im to lazy to look again lol)... anyways, what would be the point? For a long distance percision weapon, you are to "time your shots all the time" thats a basic forumal used in gaming and real-life... the long distance weapons will turn into "who can pull the trigger faster and have little aim"... while the close range weapons will still be either "paced" or a "a full clip shot, but the trigger only pulled once"... making the close range keeping some sort of skill while the long range skill is gone completely... seriously think about that for a minute... im not arguing, but the fact of removing or "tweaking" bloom would be a mistake

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    (in my opinion) you havent had a valid argument...

So your telling me that (hypothetically speaking) the Greatest Soldire in the entire world whent into a fight all by himself and was going against multiple "horrible" soldires, that he (The Greatest) Soldire would always win? no, Luck is found everywhere removing it wont solve anything...

And then you also said "They aren't REMOVING bloom, there just fixing it"... then you said the percision weapons will be the ones that are fixed, but the close ranged ones wont be (either you said this or someone else did.. im to lazy to look again lol)... anyways, what would be the point? For a long distance percision weapon, you are to "time your shots all the time" thats a basic forumal used in gaming and real-life... the long distance weapons will turn into "who can pull the trigger faster and have little aim"... while the close range weapons will still be either "paced" or a "a full clip shot, but the trigger only pulled once"... making the close range keeping some sort of skill while the long range skill is gone completely... seriously think about that for a minute... im not arguing, but the fact of removing or "tweaking" bloom would be a mistake
    please re-read what i have posted. no-bloom will be a customization option and i believe 343 decided to do this because of the limited time they had to do the title update for CEA. the bloom as it is now allows for spamming if they tweaked it like i have stated to where the circle of the bloom got larger than it does now but reset fast. then the bloom would reset at the same times but if someone decides to spam they would be hitting much farther away from the center of the circle and have much less odds of hitting the opponent when not spamming. this would be the same way at long range and just add timing and aim to kill people not just aim.

i am saying in a 1 v 1 situation that the best soldier should win 98% of the time and not lose from a luck person who spams them.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 08-19-2011 at 07:37 PM.

here is a great example of how the bloom does not work properly:

notice how the guy he is shooting at is standing still and spamming senceless and the player is actually slowing down his shots and it doesn't kill the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd4sy...layer_embedded

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    here is a great idea of how the bloom does not work properly:

notice how the guy he is shooting at is standing still and spamming senceless and he is actually slowing down his shots and it doesn't kill the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd4sy...layer_embedded
    He misses half of his shots due to lack of aim not bloom and when he was aiming for the head he was spamming more then the other guy causing his bloom to be maxed. If he had slowed down he would have killed him. The other stood still and fired SLOWER then the other guy once his shields where gone.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Quote Originally Posted by Silko View Post
    He misses half of his shots due to lack of aim not bloom and when he was aiming for the head he was spamming more then the other guy causing his bloom to be maxed. If he had slowed down he would have killed him. The other stood still and fired SLOWER then the other guy once his shields where gone.
    are you kiding me? the guy stand still and spams as fast as possible and the guy your watching slows is shots down when the guy was no shields. he wasn't waiting for it to full reset but he was shooting way slower than the guy not moving.

Thread Information