Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Re: Halo Reach title update footage on damnation

Also, the Bloom isn't "broken" as I see it. All it does is add to the game a bit of realism and risk that complicate scenarios.

It doesn't reward luck more than skill. It is pure statistics, and merely because someone got a so-called "lucky shot" doesn't mean it is broken.

The further you are from your opponent, the less likely you are to score a hit. At about 5 feet, it'll be about 90% (at full bloom). At 10 feet, 75%. At 20 feet, 40%. At 50 feet, 5%. {approximations}.

Spamming the DMR at close range is practical, because it allows you to defend more effectively against other close-range weapons, including Shotguns, Swords, and ARs. Pacing shots at longer ranges prevents the DMR from completely dominating everything else at medium to long range, because it slows your fire rate.

If you are able to shoot at full-speed for all ranges, then the DMR just got 3x better at longer ranges. If they slow the fire rate to prevent this, then the DMR just got 3x worse at close ranges.

Knowing when to spam and when to pace allows the DMR to be insanely versatile. The variable fire rate versus the practicality and statistics of making a shot make it complicated to use, but it heavily rewards those who use it effectively.

Once again, it is statistics, not luck. The factor of randomness isn't a bad thing. The may get "lucky" 5% of the time and get a spammed kill at longer ranges, but that does nothing to break the game. All it does is prevent total domination of the few who are able to pace themselves effectively.

I'll say it right now: If I had my way, the bloom would be even slower to return to normal. I still think I can DMR people at long ranges too easily, even with the current bloom...
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Also, the Bloom isn't "broken" as I see it. All it does is add to the game a bit of realism and risk that complicate scenarios.

It doesn't reward luck more than skill. It is pure statistics, and merely because someone got a so-called "lucky shot" doesn't mean it is broken.

The further you are from your opponent, the less likely you are to score a hit. At about 5 feet, it'll be about 90% (at full bloom). At 10 feet, 75%. At 20 feet, 40%. At 50 feet, 5%. {approximations}.

Spamming the DMR at close range is practical, because it allows you to defend more effectively against other close-range weapons, including Shotguns, Swords, and ARs. Pacing shots at longer ranges prevents the DMR from completely dominating everything else at medium to long range, because it slows your fire rate.

If you are able to shoot at full-speed for all ranges, then the DMR just got 3x better at longer ranges. If they slow the fire rate to prevent this, then the DMR just got 3x worse at close ranges.

Knowing when to spam and when to pace allows the DMR to be insanely versatile. The variable fire rate versus the practicality and statistics of making a shot make it complicated to use, but it heavily rewards those who use it effectively.

Once again, it is statistics, not luck. The factor of randomness isn't a bad thing. The may get "lucky" 5% of the time and get a spammed kill at longer ranges, but that does nothing to break the game. All it does is prevent total domination of the few who are able to pace themselves effectively.

I'll say it right now: If I had my way, the bloom would be even slower to return to normal. I still think I can DMR people at long ranges too easily, even with the current bloom...
    Ya Myth just pooped on anyone who said bloom was broken, useless, or lucky.

Myth I completely agree!

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    No Bloom on the BR worked before, because the BR didn't use a hitscan system it used physical bullets. The DMR uses hitscan so not having bloom makes the DMR = a no skilled weapon.

Bleedthrough, do they not understand the shielding system is a kinetic barrier meaning it can't be broken unless depleted? If they don't fix this, then I will not buy Halo 4.

Why the fuck would you nerk armorlock? Just take it out of playlists that don't use a large number of vehicles. Why the hell do you need to even have ArmorLock for Team Slayer on Reflection!? Armor Lock's purpose is to destroy a vehicle before it runs over you, or deflect a vehicles weapon.... Not to use to piss people off in a 4v4.

I sweat to god if 343 becomes Infinity Ward and only listens to the whiny bitches who can't win because they can't even hold the god damn controller right then they just killed the best Xbox Series to date.
    bleedthrough has been the previous 3 halos so i technically shields in the halo universe are what they are like in halo 1-3, they messed it up in reach .

bleedthrough fixes a lot of things. i can shoot someone 3 times while they sprint at me and beat me down and we are on the same shield level..... gun skill should always trump you hitting a button(sprint) and pressing another button(beatdown).
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

in my mind, that's luck, not skill. if i put my reticule over the guys head and shoot, i expect it to go where i shoot. not have a 95% chance of shooting off somewhere else if i'm but 50 feet away. even real guns have better accuracy than this. a real SHOTGUN is more accurate than that at that range. All though i do agree, bloom does work, but it's also stupid. keep in mind that it is supposed to be a mid-long range weapon. Although, i hate it as much as anyone when someone crossmaps you, it helps people to learn to be carefull and not to run out in the open like an idiot.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

What Myth said. Although I must say that sometimes spamming does favor the side of luck. There are many times when I am ahead a few shots, perfectly pacing my shots, and I get spammed and killed. That doesn't mean I hate the bloom, I find it more rewarding pacing a 5 shot than spamming a five shot, so really I guess I am 50/50 on the removing of the bloom. As for the bleedthrough, I do like this change. I don't like being ahead shots and being placed on equal level because of a beatdown by some kid that just bum rushed me.
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    bleedthrough has been the previous 3 halos so i technically shields in the halo universe are what they are like in halo 1-3, they messed it up in reach .

bleedthrough fixes a lot of things. i can shoot someone 3 times while they sprint at me and beat me down and we are on the same shield level..... gun skill should always trump you hitting a button(sprint) and pressing another button(beatdown).
    The shields in Reach are more accurate to canon then the previous games (i.e., the traits of kinetic barriers, as described in the books/fiction, are closer to Reach then the other games). That is what Eagle meant.

Those people who do that are suiciding into you, effectively. You could easily double beatdown them simultaneously, if need be. All it does is give someone a sort of "final stand" for which they are able to more effectively deal damage at the cost of exposing themselves and likely ending in a death.

It isn't something that is overpowered. It is something that makes the game more balanced.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

The shields in Reach are more accurate to canon then the previous games (i.e., the traits of kinetic barriers, as described in the books/fiction, are closer to Reach then the other games). That is what Eagle meant.

Those people who do that are suiciding into you, effectively. You could easily double beatdown them simultaneously, if need be. All it does is give someone a sort of "final stand" for which they are able to more effectively deal damage at the cost of exposing themselves and likely ending in a death.

It isn't something that is overpowered. It is something that makes the game more balanced.

you know, i say they should leave the game as-is. like i said in a previous post, don't fix what's not broken.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

the problem with the realism thing is, its a game and you use a controller, i do not have a gun in my hands to see down the scope or have the actual feel of a gun firing. a game cannot be compared to "real life" in that sense.

bloom in reach is broken it doesn't take overall skill, it is a odd's game which you stated but in a video game that is no fun. when i aim at someone i want my bullets to hit 100% of the time not 20% or 40% or 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post

you know, i say they should leave the game as-is. like i said in a previous post, don't fix what's not broken.
    all these things are customization options. some playlists will use them some won't. for example team classic(suppose to represent old halo games) will have no bloom and bleedthrough but many other playlists will be the same.

cCrisis the halo reach title update fanboy
    "Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear"

-ZERO SHOTS MISSING-

WH PS ICoH CM DS S EB VC IV

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Thread Information