Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Halo Reach title update footage on damnation

Blah.. Idk what to think. it was fun in halo 2. Maybe in reach too, but I just got used to the bloom and overall gameplay of Reach..

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Also, the Bloom isn't "broken" as I see it. All it does is add to the game a bit of realism and risk that complicate scenarios.
    I just wanna point out that, no matter how fast you shoot a gun, no matter how little control you have over where the barrel is facing, the bullet will ALWAYS go EXACTLY where the barrel is facing. It just gets harder to control where the barrel is facing the faster you shoot. With bloom, if you're shooting fast, the bullet only goes in the general direction of where the barrel's pointing. Not very realistic.

If I had things my way, we'd have recoil, not bloom. A DMR with no bloom and little recoil is asking for trouble to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    all these things are customization options. some playlists will use them some won't. for example team classic(suppose to represent old halo games) will have no bloom and bleedthrough but many other playlists will be the same.

..actually, that would work. reach is definitly lacking on the customization aspect for games anyways.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    The shields in Reach are more accurate to canon then the previous games (i.e., the traits of kinetic barriers, as described in the books/fiction, are closer to Reach then the other games). That is what Eagle meant.

Those people who do that are suiciding into you, effectively. You could easily double beatdown them simultaneously, if need be. All it does is give someone a sort of "final stand" for which they are able to more effectively deal damage at the cost of exposing themselves and likely ending in a death.

It isn't something that is overpowered. It is something that makes the game more balanced.

ya it's balancing in the fact that it makes less skilled players kill more skilled players.
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post

in my mind, that's luck, not skill. if i put my reticule over the guys head and shoot, i expect it to go where i shoot. not have a 95% chance of shooting off somewhere else if i'm but 50 feet away. even real guns have better accuracy than this. a real SHOTGUN is more accurate than that at that range. All though i do agree, bloom does work, but it's also stupid. keep in mind that it is supposed to be a mid-long range weapon. Although, i hate it as much as anyone when someone crossmaps you, it helps people to learn to be carefull and not to run out in the open like an idiot.
    That isn't blooms fault, that "luck" is coming from the hitscan system.

Hitscan:

You have a circle (DMR Crosshair)
    Within that circle based, on how much of that circle your target covers. Gives a percentage of how likely you will hit your target. COD uses a hitscan system for all weapons. Halo: Reach uses it for only a few weapons.

Now if you take away bloom then you lose the skill of being able to time shots at distanced and the DMR basically becomes a less powerful sniper rifle that fires faster and will be slightly less accurate.

For hitscan the bullets you see come out of your weapon aren't physical. The second you pull that trigger is the second the bullet hits it's target. Meaning that the if their is no bloom that at a range the DMR is far to accurate and becomes more Over Powered then the BR in Halo 3......

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    in my mind, that's luck, not skill. if i put my reticule over the guys head and shoot, i expect it to go where i shoot. not have a 95% chance of shooting off somewhere else if i'm but 50 feet away. even real guns have better accuracy than this. a real SHOTGUN is more accurate than that at that range. All though i do agree, bloom does work, but it's also stupid. keep in mind that it is supposed to be a mid-long range weapon. Although, i hate it as much as anyone when someone crossmaps you, it helps people to learn to be carefull and not to run out in the open like an idiot.
    I said "at full bloom" meaning that you've been spamming your DMR so much that the bloom is full, meaning you are insanely inaccurate. Having a real gun and shooting from the hip (assuming it is automatic) for 2 seconds, and the likelihood you will hit the target is about 5% per shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzzie View Post
    What Myth said. Although I must say that sometimes spamming does favor the side of luck. There are many times when I am ahead a few shots, perfectly pacing my shots, and I get spammed and killed. That doesn't mean I hate the bloom, I find it more rewarding pacing a 5 shot than spamming a five shot, so really I guess I am 50/50 on the removing of the bloom. As for the bleedthrough, I do like this change. I don't like being ahead shots and being placed on equal level because of a beatdown by some kid that just bum rushed me.
    Being spammed can be very irritating indeed. However, they only get the kill about 5% of the time. The other 95% of the time, pacing the shots gets you the kill. The small factor of randomness helps to keep the game interesting.
    the problem with the realism thing is, its a game and you use a controller, i do not have a gun in my hands to see down the scope or have the actual feel of a gun firing. a game cannot be compared to "real life" in that sense. bloom in reach is broken it doesn't take overall skill, it is a odd's game which you stated but in a video game that is no fun. when i aim at someone i want my bullets to hit 100% of the time not 20% or 40% or 80%.
    You have the option to take the 100% shot. If you want, you let the bloom reduce and then shoot. However, if you want to take a risk for a lower hit %, then you are able to do it. As I said before, it allows it to be versatile. Being able to choose how likely you want your shots to be versus the time between shots makes it complicated to use.

You may not think it's fun, but I find it to make the game twice as interesting. A degree in randomness is always a good thing as I see it, otherwise you'll be like "crap he got the first shot, there is no way I can come back" instead of "crap he got the first shot, I'll need to take some risky shots to have a chance to win". That makes the game interesting.
    all these things are customization options. some playlists will use them some won't. for example team classic(suppose to represent old halo games) will have no bloom and bleedthrough but many other playlists will be the same.
    If they are just options, then I fully support it. However, if it is an overall change that effects everything, then it is bad in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearorangeZero View Post
    I just wanna point out that, no matter how fast you shoot a gun, no matter how little control you have over where the barrel is facing, the bullet will ALWAYS go EXACTLY where the barrel is facing. It just gets harder to control where the barrel is facing the faster you shoot. With bloom, if you're shooting fast, the bullet only goes in the general direction of where the barrel's pointing. Not very realistic.

If I had things my way, we'd have recoil, not bloom. A DMR with no bloom and little recoil is asking for trouble to me.
    Bloom represents recoil. In my opinion, bloom is better than having your weapon swinging around your screen constantly so you can't see anything...
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Banned BANNED USER
    Blog Posts

am i the only one here who actually likes bloom?

most of these changes make no sense... bleed through was something that was only in previous games cause of engine limitations.... halo 1 - ODST all used the same engine but just upgraded as they went along.... Reach used a completely new engine which allowed them to do it the way it was meant to be and its not like Bleed through on beat downs will make a difference.... 1 melee does just enough damage to kill some one with no shields (as you can't get a melee headshot) when you have no shields your health is the same (or just a little weaker but not a super significant amount) to everything but headshots, headshots do more damage with no shields... notice it still takes 4 more shots to the body to kill someone with no shields? so if some one bum rushes you to do a double melee, you would still have to take out his shields and melee him before he gets close enough to do the same... which is what you do now.

AL nurf makes no sense... why would nades take you out of it? it would make more sense for maybe a overcharged plasma pistol or concussion rifle (bouncing the person off the ground and out of AL)... the only thing they need to fix with AL is the splash over on spartans... which they kind of did as its only DMRs, Pistols, snipers (both) & NR that can't hurt some one or stop their shields coming up.... AR stop shields from recharging when some one comes out of AL

and weapon bloom wouldn't be an option... it would give some players an advantage over others.... and the only problem with the current bloom is when spamming the bullets never fly out more to the size of the reticle, they are more often still fairly accurate... if they would increase blooms effects it would be much better... not remove it only for DMR as that would be stupid.... and if my AR didn't have bloom you can be a lot more people are going to be fucked up by it and my K/D spread is going to go way up

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Poder View Post

i'm 50/50.

@eagle, i know what hitscan is.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

ya it's balancing in the fact that it makes less skilled players kill more skilled players.
    If you are so much more skilled then they are, don't fall for it. I find it easy to beat them, either by putting the 4th shot and finishing them off with a melee simultaneous to their first melee, or just 5-shotting them.

I find being double-beatdowned an extremely rare thing, so I don't really know what you are complaining about... I find random 'nades to be more irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Poder View Post
    Someone didn't read the thread... xD
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Thread Information