Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Halo Reach title update footage on damnation

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post

i'm 50/50.

@eagle, i know what hitscan is.
    Well apparently no one here who is arguing for removing bloom does. That is the system that is used and the reason why their is bloom. Hitscan in my opinion is a terrible idea, but I think it allows them to add more to the engine because it isn't calculating physical bullets. It just selects a random location within the circle and thats where the bullet hits.

Anyone ever fired a DMR round into a grunts head from a distance, most of the crosshair covers the head save a small part and that small part is the area that gets hit? Ya that better explains hitscan....

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

the odds are closer than 95/5. if you want to see a game with bloom that works go look at video's of shadowrun. if bloom in reach was like shadowruns it would be extremely skillful to use but reach's bloom is to much luck or odds as you call it.
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    Well apparently no one here who is arguing for removing bloom does. That is the system that is used and the reason why their is bloom. Hitscan in my opinion is a terrible idea, but I think it allows them to add more to the engine because it isn't calculating physical bullets. It just selects a random location within the circle and thats where the bullet hits.

Anyone ever fired a DMR round into a grunts head from a distance, most of the crosshair covers the head save a small part and that small part is the area that gets hit? Ya that better explains hitscan....

yeah, but bloom makes that circle exponentially bigger. (full bloom vs no bloom comparison). there in lies the problem. physical bullets are more iffy to me than hitscan because it's so easy to sidestep them, unless you make them so fast that it's practically hitscan. mercenaries 2 was a great game except it had slow moving bullets, so the ai could literally sidestep your assault rifle spray. speed up those bullets, and it would probably be a best-seller.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

Halo has always had luck as apart of it more so than most other games... it allows for that crazy time when (insert crazy time here) that isn't found in other games. Have you ever seen a land vehical some one was driving in battlefield fall from the sky and land on someone and you have no idea how it happened? Or a guy shoot himself in the head when he missed the shot on a enemy and the bullet bounced back at him in call of duty? i doubt it... Randomness and luck make halo, halo... its been there since the start

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    If you are so much more skilled then they are, don't fall for it. I find it easy to beat them, either by putting the 4th shot and finishing them off with a melee simultaneous to their first melee, or just 5-shotting them.

I find being double-beatdowned an extremely rare thing, so I don't really know what you are complaining about... I find random 'nades to be more irritating. Someone didn't read the thread... xD
    if i was sitting in my base or a good distance from there base i wouldn't get double beatdown but halo has always been a game about pushing and controlling power weapons so in turn you are forced to push close to the other team. also smaller maps i get double beatdown all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Bloom represents recoil. In my opinion, bloom is better than having your weapon swinging around your screen constantly so you can't see anything...
    You kinda just blew off my stuff about bloom =/= recoil... I know it's supposed to represent it, but why not have the real thing instead, ya know?

It doesn't have to be a lot of recoil. Just enough to give the gun a bit of a learning curve, to where you can really tell the difference between a newer player (who would be shooting slower to compensate for recoil) and a veteran (who would be used to recoil and therefore be able to shoot faster).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    Halo has always had luck as apart of it more so than most other games... it allows for that crazy time when (insert crazy time here) that isn't found in other games. Have you ever seen a land vehical some one was driving in battlefield fall from the sky and land on someone and you have no idea how it happened? Or a guy shoot himself in the head when he missed the shot on a enemy and the bullet bounced back at him in call of duty? i doubt it... Randomness and luck make halo, halo... its been there since the start
    the two greatest halos were not about luck when considering the weapons and mechanics of the game, obviously things that were not planned to happen sometime happen such as bouncing bullets but randomness is not fun overall.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post

a lot of the "lag" that was apart of halo 3 was because of it not being hitscan. trying to accurately calculate how far to lead bullets when latency is always changing depending on the host is impossible and made lag seem so much worse in halo 3.

hitscan is a must for online tbh.

everyone the bloom isn't taken out of reach completely . Their will be playlist with or with out bloom okay so don't freak out.

and how does it take less skill with out bloom ? its the best aim wins.

-thank god for nade getting nerfed .
    -hopefully they slow down the rate of fire of some of these weapons.
    -bleed through is needed because the herp a derp is fucking annoying.

And if you guys think this will lower the skill gap it won't , the competitive community has been asking for this since day 1

Hope fully they balance out Dmr/pistol/needle riffle ( rate of fire)

Quote Originally Posted by UnfoldedFreedom View Post
    everyone the bloom isn't taken out of reach completely . Their will be playlist with or with out bloom okay so don't freak out.

and how does it take less skill with out bloom ? its the best aim wins.

-thank god for nade getting nerfed .
    -hopefully they slow down the rate of fire of some of these weapons.
    -bleed through is needed because the herp a derp is fucking annoying.

And if you guys think this will lower the skill gap it won't , the competitive community has been asking for this since day 1

Hope fully they balance out Dmr/pistol/needle riffle ( rate of fire)
    in theory bloom takes more skill but in halo reach and how they implemented the bloom, it is a lot of luck and takes away from the skill. aiming is easier than aiming plus pacing your shots. but the bloom in reach creates a luck factor.

Thread Information