Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Re: Halo Reach title update footage on damnation

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhblam View Post
    Our policy to my understanding has been and always will be to use the most recent title updates and Halo games for the wars.

~Kuhblam
    it will be a customization option for bloom/bleedthrough and a few tweaks to things, i think there messing with nades a little. i don't think anything they are doing will really change the game as a whole from what we know now.

i hope fc atleast uses the bleed through, i hate when i shoot at someone and their response is to sprint at me and beatdown but even though i shot him 3 times and then beatdown and he only beat me down we are at the same shields. pressing sprint and pressing beatdown(less skillful) should not have the same results as shooting him 3 times and beating down(more skillful).
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    it will be a customization option for bloom/bleedthrough and a few tweaks to things, i think there messing with nades a little. i don't think anything they are doing will really change the game as a whole from what we know now.

i hope fc atleast uses the bleed through, i hate when i shoot at someone and their response is to sprint at me and beatdown but even though i shot him 3 times and then beatdown and he only beat me down we are at the same shields. pressing sprint and pressing beatdown(less skillful) should not have the same results as shooting him 3 times and beating down(more skillful).
    even with bleed through it wont make a difference... as i have stated before... and i really have never had a problem with this... you should try using some other method for this than what obviously isn't working for you.... try and AR it stops that in its track

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Elite BLUE Veteran
    Spirit of Hope
    Vacuus Quietis
    Psalms of Planets
    Blog Posts

do whatever you need to kill the other guy it is a game
    "I bought a xbox one to watch my team suck in HD"

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    even with bleed through it wont make a difference... as i have stated before... and i really have never had a problem with this... you should try using some other method for this than what obviously isn't working for you.... try and AR it stops that in its track
    halo is about map movement and has always been, power weapons are placed on maps to force teams to move to get them or be punished for not. your basically saying i need to stay away from the other team or be herp-a-derp'd? in a close quarters environment(for example, i am on countdown and i am at the concussion rifle and someone sprints from the top small door (the door leading to the top health pack) and i shoot them 3 times and they just continue to sprint and we beatdown at the same time and we are on even health.) that is broken mechanics and unbalanced gameplay, it doesn't make logical sense for the two individuals to be at the same health after that situation when talking about balanced and fair gameplay.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Whats all of this about skill? You still have to aim its not like they put in an aim bot. If you spam the body you still then have to go for the head and the person with better aim wins anyway because they will get to the head faster because they are there already. Stop whining.

Anyway, anyone else like the quick scope with the rocket? xD

Also related, Yay beaver creek and tiny ass bases. Getting a flag out of there is a bitch. I'm also glad they brought back the badass Needler melee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAd4l...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16LAo...eature=related
    Last edited by Carpe Vexillum; 08-18-2011 at 07:49 PM.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Vexillum View Post
    Whats all of this about skill? You still have to aim its not like they put in an aim bot. If you spam the body you still then have to go for the head and the person with better aim wins anyway because they will get to the head faster because they are there already. Stop whining.

Anyway, anyone else like the quick scope with the rocket? xD

Also related, Yay beaver creek and tiny ass bases. Getting a flag out of there is a bitch. I'm also glad they brought back the badass Needler melee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAd4l...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16LAo...eature=related
    yes your right, you still aim but if i am shooting a lot faster(spamming) than someone who is pacing and i get a headshot when my bloom is full, that's luck/randomness and less skillful than a person who is pacing like they should and actually aiming for a point on someone's body. if you go back a few pages i explain bloom is good and in theory works like you say but in reach the bloom doesn't punish spammers and makes spammers(less skillful players) win battles because of luck.

i am not whining, this is a topic in open discussion to discuss the video that i posted and the changes displayed in the video. A comparison between what we see in the video and what is currently halo reach is very much on topic and opinions on the update and what people believe should be apart of the CONVERSATION in this thread that was posted in open CONVERSATION. i am making valid points which is far from whining. whining would be me only saying how much i dislike halo reach's bloom/ no bleedthrough without any reasons of why i dislike them.

now back on topic,

for bloom to work in halo reach it would need to expand much farther than the maximum that it does now. the odds of hitting someone when spamming are way to high and it effects gameplay and creates a lot of randomness. IDK about you guys but i like knowing the reason i died was because i was out skilled not out lucked.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 08-18-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Complaining? LOL. Either way you still have to aim. There is no theory to aiming. I am not debating what type of bloom or what makes this bloom good or bad. Just no bloom. =p

Want an answer to your pacing problem? Be faster. If you have good aim and you fire fast your opponent will be dead. Don't pace yourself in a game with no bloom, that's just silly. =p

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Vexillum View Post
    Complaining? LOL. Either way you still have to aim. There is no theory to aiming. I am not debating what type of bloom or what makes this bloom good or bad. Just no bloom. =p

Want an answer to your pacing problem? Be faster. If you have good aim and you fire fast your opponent will be dead. Don't pace yourself in a game with no bloom, that's just silly. =p
    also btw i am talking about bloom on the DMR, pistol and NR, bloom on non precision weapons like the AR and such shouldn't change, it makes much more sense on weapons like that and the bloom on those weapons don't cause randomness in what happens in each situation.

i agree that there is no theory to aiming but if your bullets can hit in an area and not in a specific place, your aim can only do so much. most times the person who paces their shots wins and they should because it's more skillful but too often in halo reach the person who spams gets lucky and 5 shots you when they should lose while the aiming by each opponent was equally as accurate.

when i was talking about theory, i was talking about the bloom. in theory when a game has bloom the person who paces there shots and lets there bloom reset while aiming at the opponent and hitting them with the shots should win the battle a very large majority of the time(at least 98% of the time in my opinion). bloom is a aspect of the game that adds depth or increases the things that need to be accounted for to be better than your opponent. if you master these techniques you will beat someone with the same aiming abilities who hasn't mastered the bloom. basically in theory bloom should increase the gap of skill between the worst and the best players. this is not the case in halo reach, the person who paces sometimes losses to the person who hasn't mastered the bloom and they get lucky with were the bullets went when the bloom was not reset. this is randomness and is not good for the game.

if i fought someone and spammed and i replayed the battle over and over with each player doing the exact same thing and aiming in the exact same places and shooting at the exact same times, the results would be different each time because the bullets have a random area they could hit when spamming. sometimes i would 5 shot them and sometimes i would not hit them once. its all about luck and luck prevails to much in reach. while the luck might only win every 1 in 5 battles or even less than that, it is way to much for my liking and i guess it's just opinion about how much luck you would like to experience in reach. if the bloom expanded to a much larger circle that would mean there is more area that the bullet could go, which means the odds are decreased for the spammer of getting the 5 shot.

while i would rather 343 make the bloom a little more consistent and decrease the luck that can happen with the current bloom, it is just not possible to do the testing that needs to be done for them to make sure they don't make it worse or not fix the problem. that's why i support no bloom, if they decide later to make the bloom like i described above and how many other games that have had bloom that were very successful at doing what bungie wanted the bloom to do, which was add depth/skill, i would be extremely happy.

please explain how not pacing in a game with no bloom is silly. halo 2 and 3 didn't have bloom on the BR and i and many others such as pros, shot at the rate of fire cap every shot.

i guess this could be considered complaining, but i am just discussing my opinion on the issue/debate of bloom in reach while adding some examples and making counter points to other individuals points on what they believe and many others have made counter points to my posts just like what you did in the post i am quoting.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 08-18-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    halo is about map movement and has always been, power weapons are placed on maps to force teams to move to get them or be punished for not. your basically saying i need to stay away from the other team or be herp-a-derp'd? in a close quarters environment(for example, i am on countdown and i am at the concussion rifle and someone sprints from the top small door (the door leading to the top health pack) and i shoot them 3 times and they just continue to sprint and we beatdown at the same time and we are on even health.) that is broken mechanics and unbalanced gameplay, it doesn't make logical sense for the two individuals to be at the same health after that situation when talking about balanced and fair gameplay.
    3 problems with this
    1. 3 concussion rifle shots take out some ones shields so the melee would kill them
    2. concussion rifle shots slow down the enemy... they wouldn't even get half way to you in this situation cause a concussion rifle would stop the sprint.
    3. concussion rifle is a support weapon and isn't the best at killing quickly.... like i said if you used an AR their shields would be down and you would be able to kill them

and again i hardly ever have this problem and when i do it really is ineffective, the part of the community that wants this is generally the MLG / highly competitive community. but those people are also largely have a hard time holstering the DMR and trying to use other weapons like the AR.... even the MLG playlist is so stripped of weapons its ridiculous...

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    3 problems with this
    1. 3 concussion rifle shots take out some ones shields so the melee would kill them
    2. concussion rifle shots slow down the enemy... they wouldn't even get half way to you in this situation cause a concussion rifle would stop the sprint.
    3. concussion rifle is a support weapon and isn't the best at killing quickly.... like i said if you used an AR their shields would be down and you would be able to kill them

and again i hardly ever have this problem and when i do it really is ineffective, the part of the community that wants this is generally the MLG / highly competitive community. but those people are also largely have a hard time holstering the DMR and trying to use other weapons like the AR.... even the MLG playlist is so stripped of weapons its ridiculous...
    i am talking about DMR vs DMR, i guess i didn't state that. they won't be removing bloom from the normal non precision guns like the AR.

Thread Information