Thread: The Falcon

Blog Posts

The Falcon

Does it need a buff? I know that they really can't fix it, haha, but seriously, the Banshee outdoes this vehicle in every aspect. It has tricks to help outmaneuver anti-air, it has boost to increase its speed, and it has a one-hit kill weapon that destroys pretty much everything in the game. Meanwhile, the Falcon is a slowmoving triple kill. The only perk it has is the increased radar aspect no matter if the enemy isn't moving or camoflauged, but since the radar is so wide-spread you can't pinpoint to ground forces where the enemy is exactly. Personally, I think the Falcon needs some sort of maneuvering help so it can dodge anti-air or banshee bombs, otherwise its really lacking.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Re: The Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    Does it need a buff? I know that they really can't fix it, haha, but seriously, the Banshee outdoes this vehicle in every aspect. It has tricks to help outmaneuver anti-air, it has boost to increase its speed, and it has a one-hit kill weapon that destroys pretty much everything in the game. Meanwhile, the Falcon is a slowmoving triple kill. The only perk it has is the increased radar aspect no matter if the enemy isn't moving or camoflauged, but since the radar is so wide-spread you can't pinpoint to ground forces where the enemy is exactly. Personally, I think the Falcon needs some sort of maneuvering help so it can dodge anti-air or banshee bombs, otherwise its really lacking.
    it also needs to allow passengers.... that would make it 10x better instantly

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiery Grave View Post
    it also needs to allow passengers.... that would make it 10x better instantly
    The reason Bungie didn't, and I don't agree with it at ALL, is because then it would be setting up six kills instead of three. It was balanced for that reason, and I mean, its your teams choice whether they want to do that or not. I still am fighting for a troop transport in Multiplayer. Its the same reason there is a lack of a troop hog as well.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders

UNSC Marathon-class cruiser, designation: UNSC Adamantium

I must agree to disagree with you on this good sir. The falcon can take more hits to counter the maneuverability of the banshee. The banshee's fuel rod projectile is slow moving when up against a moving air target such as the falcon. The falcon's acceleration is slow to take off when compared with the banshee, but it has a very nice top speed which outdoes the banshee. You can perform evasive maneuvers with the falcon to dodge the banshee 'bomb' yourself, such as dropping altitude and banking left or right. I've seen and done this firsthand. But you would be smart to remember one vehicle is meant for transport/support while the other is a lighter more versatile attack craft. They both were designed with each other in mind, no doubt. The large-area radar was meant to warn the pilot of the falcon of incoming enemy craft and to have time to vacate that area and get up to speed. As I stated before both craft were built for entirely different purposes other than attack and flight.

We Fly together, We Die together.
    BLUE Army Pilot for Foxtrot Squad, Making house calls since '98
    Vehicles Flown:
    -Pelican (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Phantom (Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, ODST)
    -Spirit (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Falcon (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Hornet (Halo CE, 3)
    -Seraph (Halo CE, 2, Reach)
    -Banshee/Space Banshee (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Longsword (Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Frigate, Halclyon (Halo CE, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Draco (Halo CE)
    -T-51 Skyhawk (Halo CE)

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Foehammer View Post
    I must agree to disagree with you on this good sir. The falcon can take more hits to counter the maneuverability of the banshee. The banshee's fuel rod projectile is slow moving when up against a moving air target such as the falcon. The falcon's acceleration is slow to take off when compared with the banshee, but it has a very nice top speed which outdoes the banshee. You can perform evasive maneuvers with the falcon to dodge the banshee 'bomb' yourself, such as dropping altitude and banking left or right. I've seen and done this firsthand. But you would be smart to remember one vehicle is meant for transport/support while the other is a lighter more versatile attack craft. They both were designed with each other in mind, no doubt. The large-area radar was meant to warn the pilot of the falcon of incoming enemy craft and to have time to vacate that area and get up to speed. As I stated before both craft were built for entirely different purposes other than attack and flight.
    I'll admit that when it comes to FPS, I never am much of a Pilot, although sometimes I would like to be haha. Helicopters, Jets, any aircraft I usually can't fly worth a damn. And whenever I pilot the Falcon, someone always locks on with the rockets or a banshee bomb and I can never shake it. Apparently its possible but I can never have it work.

And yeah haha I read up on the Wiki some more and realized that the Falcon is more for troop transport, even with guns attached. I hadn't actually thought of it like that, just more of a weapons platform.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Squads led:

UNSC Marathon-class cruiser, designation: UNSC Adamantium

Practice makes perfect man, I used to suck at piloting but one day.....I stopped. True story. Anywho, a weapons platform made by the UNSC leans more into the Vulture. The Falcon's roots lie in quick drop offs and extractions of small teams in pairs; pure transport. The armaments it has is can be used to full effect for drawing fire away from it's cargo, not really for dogfighting. Thats where the banshee comes in The grenadier variants in the campaign make for good defense and offense, no doubt, but all Bungie gave us was the stripped down 3 seater. Balancing does have it's negatives -shrugs- I have seen .map mods that have restored the full seating capacity of the Falcon, but as someone said before, they're overkills waiting to happen.

We Fly together, We Die together.
    BLUE Army Pilot for Foxtrot Squad, Making house calls since '98
    Vehicles Flown:
    -Pelican (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Phantom (Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, ODST)
    -Spirit (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Falcon (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Hornet (Halo CE, 3)
    -Seraph (Halo CE, 2, Reach)
    -Banshee/Space Banshee (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Longsword (Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Frigate, Halclyon (Halo CE, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Draco (Halo CE)
    -T-51 Skyhawk (Halo CE)

Thread Information