Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New MLG Controller

http://www.madcatz.com/mlg/360_controller.htm

I don't know if many of you know this but MLG and madcatz announced a partnership about a year to build a high quality competitive gaming controller. nothing new has came out about this partnership until recently and many people thought the plan to build the controller died but just recently they have released a bunch of new information about the project and it is looking very promising.

i know many of you are thinking "Oh madcatz is making it, it's going to be a cheap piece of crap" while this is usually true for there controllers, they are known for making some of the highest quality arcade fight pads for xbox/ps3 and some other products for pc. With MLG being a partner I don't see MLG letting madcatz design something that is a POS with MLG's logo on it.

i hope this will be the solution to the fact that Microsoft controllers are pretty crappy, a few months of solid gaming and it usually breaks or has slow-turn or is just beat to hell. also the ps3 controllers seem very cheap and flimsy.

some of the features on the web page seem sweet. if your joystick breaks you can just buy a replacement joystick instead of a new controller(you can replace the whole joystick mechanism, not just the plastic stick part) you can also change were the joystick and D-pad are and make a xbox controller like a ps3 controller. and make a ps3 controller like a xbox controller.

it is suppose to come out for the HOLIDAYS this year and MLG's CEO said it will be a little more expensive than the microsoft controller. i am guessing in the $60-$80 range but if it works like advertised i think it will be worth it for sure.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 08-23-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

Re: New MLG Controller

Personaly I dont like the design then again I don't play MLG.
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Actually that's a fake controller. the actual MLG controller is going to have only one button and one thumb stick, but the thumb stick is going to be on the bottom of the controller rather than on top. And the button doesn't work unless you hold it down for 24 seconds while reciting the first paragraph from A Tale of Two Cities....Thats how hardcore it is going to be.

I created Hill 30

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

O.o damn! I didnt know MLG got so hardcore. I thought it was full of wannabes and people who cry when they dont win... (not intended to insult FC members)
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaboltz View Post
    Personaly I dont like the design then again I don't play MLG.
    it actually kinda reminds me of the small original xbox controller design with a glossy front part.

i think mlg just wanted to make a higher quality controller than what is out there. when your playing competitively for money a high quality controller is a must but i see it being very good for the non competitive people who just want a very good controller.

i like that there will be another option other than microsoft. (the razor onza sucks btw, 2 months and mine is literally falling apart. great idea very poor quality)

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

Actually your right It does look like the first controller, now that I look at it. I think the word is called "remastered".
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\

O.o damn! I didnt know MLG got so hardcore. I thought it was full of wannabes and people who cry when they dont win... (not intended to insult FC members)
    your talking about GB kids. a lot of the younger GB players give a bad rep for the actual MLG people. the majority of mlg are just gamers who play competitively and usually are very mature(there's exceptions). same as people who decide to play organized football and play games against other teams(competitive gamers) vs. those who just play backyard football(ordinary gamers who play just for fun).

i personally just play MLG because i like competitiveness, although i am not that good lol

Actually your right It does look like the first controller, now that I look at it. I think the word is called "remastered".
    hopefully it is as good of quality as the original lol. I only owned 1 controller for the life of my original xbox and it never failed me.

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

Yea man and Ik its the young kids Im just teasing xD
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\

Blog Posts

I'm just gonna put this out there, but isn't MLG a piece of shit? That would explain why they partnered with Madcatz. A piece of shit controller for a piece of shit organization. Tell me I'm wrong....

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Thread Information