Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Re: Halo: Reach Title Update

I'd prefer if all the AA's were pickup...

WHOOOOOROOOO OOORHHOOOO
    Redd and Blue vet

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Vexillum View Post
    Bandwagon. Yuppie. If you loved the original Halo you'll love the update. Bungie fudged with Reach, and that's what EVERYONE said a month or two after it came out and before. And now that there is something new to bitch about all you people have to go tear it apart.

SAVE THE BS, you know your still going to play it. And if not, have fun on Black Ops LUL *trollface*
    Yea no.

Only thing good to come out of this I think is the special "magnum" playlists. That will at-least be interesting. But reducing bloom and making the sword unblock-able is just pure insanity.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

Blog Posts

Mmmm...I think about it as that 343 had good intentions, but based their descisions waaaaaay too much on the whiney ten year olds on the b.net forums.

The way it's starting to look, though, I don't think it's going to be too bad. The bloom's reduction, from what I heard, is only going to be by around twenty to fifteen percent of a subtraction. I'm still ticked about camo. I loved that AA.
    An actual quote about me below the sig? Too mainstream. You get a unicorn instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazy View Post
    The bloom's reduction, from what I heard, is only going to be by around twenty to fifteen percent of a subtraction. I'm still ticked about camo. I loved that AA.
    that would defeat the purpose... its also a % scale they can move from 0% - 300%

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Hazy is actually correct.

343i is pushing out the Title Update with "85%" bloom on for "normal" playlists. This is compared to the 100% bloom that we currently experience. They tested all different types of numbers and 85% worked the best to still discourage spamming but make the DMR more accurate - like it should be.

If you were to go into a classic Halo: CE playlist, you would then experience gametypes with 0% bloom on.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

i feel the bleed through damage and making kill times faster by reducing or removing the bloom will make reach a must faster paced game and more like the arena style games that halo has been like in the past.

i am excited to try it none the less, hopefully it makes the game more enjoyable to play.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 09-05-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    i feel the bleed through damage and making kill times faster by reducing or removing the bloom will make reach a must faster paced game and more like the arena style games that halo has been like in the past.

i am excited to try it none the less, hopefully it makes the game more enjoyable to play.
    Yes, very much agreed.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but this article contains a timeline with details for the Title Update and the new playlist for the update.

You can check it out here.

Thread Information