Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Halo: Reach Title Update

Well, it looks like 343 Industries is going to ruin what Bungie did right.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n520...in-october.htm

"The team at 343i has been hard at work on an update for “Halo: Reach” both to bring new experiences to fans as well as address longstanding feedback from the community. The most noticeable change in the works? The return of the wicked, deadly and wildly fun “Halo: Combat Evolved” Magnum pistol to “Halo: Anniversary” and “Halo: Reach” multiplayer gameplay. An addition that will be supported in special, classic playlists, the original Magnum pistol is sure to rekindle some of the madness and carnage players reveled in a decade ago.

In addition, the update, which is targeted for release in October, will introduce several multiplayer fixes for “Halo: Reach” fans have been clamoring for. Armor Lock now absorbs a level of damage based on the amount of remaining energy a player has, diminishing its effectiveness. Active Camo’s duration has been reduced and the ability to block sword attacks using any weapon other than another sword has been disabled. And for fans of precision firing, reticule “bloom” is now configurable, delivering increased accuracy when firing in rapid succession.

This update will also enable “Halo: Reach” players using an Xbox 360 4GB console without a HDD to utilize Campaign and Firefight matchmaking which previously required a HDD."

Nerfing Active Camo and Armor Lock? Really? It's not as bad as people make it out to be.

And fixing bloom is a dumb idea.

It seems like 343 would like to suck up to all the people that complain on the Halo forums. I guess a nice cold glass of whine goes a long way.

I'm worried about the MP for Halo 4 now.
    Time of Recruitment: 8/2/2006, 7:33 PM PDT

Re: Halo: Reach Title Update

Me too. I saw this a while back and posted it on the Twitter Feed and I facepalmed.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

The last part made me happy considering I don't have a hard drive. I don't like armor lock or active camo, so that's good too. Fixing bloom isn't the right way to go, and I kind of like being able to block sword attacks, so I'm not too happy about those two. Overall this isn't a bad update, really. I kinda like it.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Bandwagon. Yuppie. If you loved the original Halo you'll love the update. Bungie fudged with Reach, and that's what EVERYONE said a month or two after it came out and before. And now that there is something new to bitch about all you people have to go tear it apart.

SAVE THE BS, you know your still going to play it. And if not, have fun on Black Ops LUL *trollface*

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Vexillum View Post
    Bandwagon. Yuppie. If you loved the original Halo you'll love the update. Bungie fudged with Reach, and that's what EVERYONE said a month or two after it came out and before. And now that there is something new to bitch about all you people have to go tear it apart.

SAVE THE BS, you know your still going to play it. And if not, have fun on Black Ops LUL *trollface*
    please don't put words in our mouths................ I have felt, since the start, that reach was closest to what the feeling of halo CE was compared to other halo games. This update spells nothing but catering to the whiners of the game... the people just just accept this like bloom and armor lock and learn to accept them and work with them... there are a large number of people who feel the same way.... its just that when you like something you don't go out of your way to say you like it, but when you don't like something you (not as in you personally but each individual) complain about it.... sure its not perfect but no game is, and you have to accept that and work around it

Whats your zombie plan?
    There are two kinds of people in this world; those that have a plan prepared for when the zombies take over the Earth, and those who don't.
    We call those last people DINNER

Blog Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought these would be adjusted in different gametypes? If you don't like these changes, just don't play certain gametypes.

I'm right back at it again...

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Obviously 343 never heard of the phrase "if it isn't broke, don't fix it". The only thing I kind of like is the armor lock because it is so overly used that there has to be SOME miniscule way to get around it. But reducing active camo is gonna piss me off cause that is the only ability I use. I feel Bungie's Halo: Reach was developed extremely well and added balance to most things. 343 is definitely catering to the minority of MLG assholes and butthurt whiners who haven't been able to adjust to a slightly improved Halo gameplay since Halo 2. When you come out with new games, the objective is not to have the gameplay exactly the same because if so, you're basically just making the previous game 1.5, such as ALL THE CALL OF DUTY SERIES THAT PLAY EXACTLY THE SAME ASIDE FROM THE VERY FEW PERKS AND WEAPONS ADDED EACH YEAR. Halo has made huge strides every year to add new things and a somewhat different but also nostalgic feel each game. This update is gonna fuck what Bungie wanted to leave with and is going to turn HALO into another CoD wannabe. I want to play Halo: Reach, not Halo: CE's multiplayer, not Halo 2's MLG multiplayer, and not Halo 3's multiplayer. I want to play Halo: Reach's intended multiplayer.

I created Hill 30

UNSC Marathon-class cruiser, designation: UNSC Adamantium

I think Reach was perfection. Halo CEA better be perfection too, this game will set the tone of how 343 makes their games from here on out. Bungie got it right, 343 has to keep the flame going.

We Fly together, We Die together.
    BLUE Army Pilot for Foxtrot Squad, Making house calls since '98
    Vehicles Flown:
    -Pelican (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Phantom (Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, ODST)
    -Spirit (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Falcon (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Hornet (Halo CE, 3)
    -Seraph (Halo CE, 2, Reach)
    -Banshee/Space Banshee (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Longsword (Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Frigate, Halclyon (Halo CE, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Draco (Halo CE)
    -T-51 Skyhawk (Halo CE)

Blog Posts

Removing the bloom is the single most RETARDED thing that 343 spark could have done. Basically 343 has given that all the cry baby's that suck ass what they wanted and the dick headed MLG people what they wanted but bent over the middle guy. I may only get Halo CE because of the Campaign now, if I really REALLY want it. 343 if this is the performance that you are going to have I am truly terrified about Halo 4, 5, and 6. (Which btw in my opinion shouldn't be done, leave Halo the way it was.)

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

The bloom is what make reach ballanced fucking MLG kids crying..., active cammo does not need to be nerfed anyfurther, armour lock good nerft it make it disableable, and the 3 shot magnum in MP okay not in reach please yea CEA but... not reach.
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

Thread Information