Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Blog Posts

Re: Halo: Reach Title Update

343 is now IW. They listen to all of the bitches how aren't good at the game and are giving them ways to make them play better. Reach was fine, AL is balanced. Take it out of playlists that aren't BTB and Invasion. The AA was mean't to protect you from vehicles. Not foot soldiers, so why the flying fuck was it ever put into a 4v4 gametype?

Active Camo is easy to spot as is, so lowering the time you have to stay hidden means that the AA will be useless.

Bloom isn't broken, people just can't adjust so they bitch.....

FUCKING WOOT OP PISTOL! Now can we please have our sexii 60 round bullet hose MA5B back?! Please!

My Desk

"A rank is only as respectable as the man who holds it."

Blog Posts

So, essentially, fanservice.

Thoughts:

1.DMR spamming city. Remember how the shots had to be paced to be effective due to the bloom? And how it's essentially a semi-auto gun when you spam it? Without bloom the DMR is going to be worse of an overpowered weapon than the BR (at least in H3 you had to learn how to lead your shots a little. Reach's aiming mechanic is just...point and shoot. Better have a fast trigger finger and a good strafe, buds.) Now that I think about it, it's kinda like a sniper with a bigger mag and bigger fire rate.

2. Why...in the hell....would you nerf CAMO? It was perfect! Nothing about it was overpowered. At all. People were just pissed off because those who werent good enough with it ran around in half-visibility hoping for the radar jammer to leave them protected, suprised when thousands of enemy bullets start to make camp in his brain lining. The only thing that would suck is when a camo sniper would make an untimely appearance in a map or something...but we all hate that guy anyways.

3. Armor lock now became a portable oversheild....interesting . I'll have to see that mechanic for myself.

4. Sword is now the ultimate melee weapon yet again. I freaking loved blocking off the attacks, too....

5. Bloom, again (sorry). By configurable, do they mean they can go from full bloom and adjust it all the way down to none? They DO know we're all going to be forced to choose the latter whether we like or not, right?

6. Bringing back the jesus gun from H:CE? Put that alongside the mini-sniper weapons.

For the love of god someone needs to be telling me that this was one GIANT troll session and that none of it was real. Because if it is, come October, I will not be found on the reach servers for a very long time.

Apologies for the wall of text in advance.
    An actual quote about me below the sig? Too mainstream. You get a unicorn instead.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    343 is now IW. They listen to all of the bitches how aren't good at the game and are giving them ways to make them play better. Reach was fine, AL is balanced. Take it out of playlists that aren't BTB and Invasion. The AA was mean't to protect you from vehicles. Not foot soldiers, so why the flying fuck was it ever put into a 4v4 gametype?

Active Camo is easy to spot as is, so lowering the time you have to stay hidden means that the AA will be useless.

Bloom isn't broken, people just can't adjust so they bitch.....

FUCKING WOOT OP PISTOL! Now can we please have our sexii 60 round bullet hose MA5B back?! Please!
    a lot of the things in the title update are just creating more options for people to choose from such as messing with setting to make the pistol like halo 1 and taking out bloom and the bleed through damage. Think about your arguement, you basically saying "Fuck 343 for making more people happy by adding in choices to what they can play" HALO HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT THIS and 343 is only making it better.

there a top pro's in MLG and even players who are very skilled who will tell you bloom is broken and honestly it hurts the better players. it's not that they haven't adjusted, it the fact that it allows for luck.

They also stated at Halo Fest that the Rate of fire is going to be adjusted so that you can fire a little faster than what it takes for the bloom to fully reset now. basically if it takes 5 seconds to kill someone with the bloom resetting before every shot. it is going to take 4.5 seconds to kill someone with the rate of fire cape they are implementing(i'm just throwing out random numbers for example purposes). with how fast paced halo reach is compared to halo 3, the fastest possible kill time with the precision weapons should be decreased slightly. it's way to easy for someone to just run and hide before you can kill them because it takes a while to hit a 5 shot not spamming.
    Last edited by cCrisis; 08-29-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    # of BLUE'S KILLED: 1174 - First REDD member to 1000 kills.
    # of DEATHS VS BLUE: --
    KILL TO DEATH RATIO VS BLUE: --
    VBD RECORD: 19-1

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post

there a top pro's in MLG and even players who are very skilled who will tell you bloom is broken and honestly it hurts the better players. it's not that they haven't adjusted, it the fact that it allows for luck.
    Thats hit-scan for you, bloom isn't broken. Hit-scan isn't broken either, it's designed to be that way. It isn't luck it's how the hit-scan system works.

My Desk

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

heres my question about this keep/remove setting for "bloom"... so one can have bloom while the other doesnt??? which will lead to the person without bloom would easily win... causing everyone (but me, ill still always use bloom becuase its way better then without) to remove "bloom", which will lead to 343 removing "bloom" all-together...

People ask for changes, yet struggle to "adapt"... so they look for the easy way out, then will demand for more "change" in the future... Please leave Reach as is... dont like it?... The Halo 3 servers are still up... go play it

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE View Post
    Thats hit-scan for you, bloom isn't broken. Hit-scan isn't broken either, it's designed to be that way. It isn't luck it's how the hit-scan system works.
    uhh i think you missunderstand what hitscan is? (not trying to be a ass but hitscan is 1000000000000000000000000 0000x better)

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post
    heres my question about this keep/remove setting for "bloom"... so one can have bloom while the other doesnt??? which will lead to the person without bloom would easily win... causing everyone (but me, ill still always use bloom becuase its way better then without) to remove "bloom", which will lead to 343 removing "bloom" all-together...

People ask for changes, yet struggle to "adapt"... so they look for the easy way out, then will demand for more "change" in the future... Please leave Reach as is... dont like it?... The Halo 3 servers are still up... go play it
    My point exactly.
    An actual quote about me below the sig? Too mainstream. You get a unicorn instead.

Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cCrisis View Post
    uhh i think you missunderstand what hitscan is? (not trying to be a ass but hitscan is 1000000000000000000000000 0000x better)
    Lol no it isn't, CoD uses Hit-Scan..... Every weapon in Call of Duty uses it. Whether firing from the hip or aiming down the sites. The same concept goes for the Bloom in Reach.

Hit-Scan blows it is far from realistic and makes the game less skilled......

My Desk

Quote Originally Posted by bazongaman502 View Post

nooooooooooo, the bloom is going to be match specific. basically it's like changing the damage setting's or the health settings. it effects everyone in the game the same.

halo has always been about customization and that is honestly one of the reason it has been so successful. you can customize the health settings, the damage setting, speed setting you name it, it can be customized and every single game in the series has added more customization. shit you can even customize the maps.

something such as bloom and bleed through which are not like the tradition halo's should be a option so that everyone can have fun.

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

@cCrisis.... just think about this...

a US Army sniper is about to shoot his target in the head between the eyes (the perfect shot).... he pulls the trigger... now does the bullet go right where he wanted it? no, its going to be a little to the side, or a little high or a little low (this is also depending on distance from the target)... its kinda what bloom is.... not every shot is going to be 100% accurate....

heres another example...

a US Army Sniper is about to shoot a target board thats about 200 yards away.... he scopes in and the crosshairs are on the center of the target... he rapidly pulls the trigger... did all bullets hits the board? Chances are not... even if he did, they are scattered around pn the board, never on the same spot...

This is exactly why i like bloom and Battlefield lol

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Thread Information