Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

Re: Frigate battles.

Ik changes >.>, but its <CLASSIFIED>. Sorry folks.
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaboltz View Post
    Ik changes >.>, but its <CLASSIFIED>. Sorry folks.
    You know suggestions and proposals, but nothing has been finalized yet, so technically...

And it's not "classified." We aren't trying to hide anything, we just literally haven't decided anything yet, so there haven't been announcements.

When something is decided and finalized, it will be announced, as always.

(If you mean REDD-specific changes, then nevermind).
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Former X-Ray Commander
    Vector Platoon Commander
    Blog Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    You know suggestions and proposals, but nothing has been finalized yet, so technically...

And it's not "classified." We aren't trying to hide anything, we just literally haven't decided anything yet, so there haven't been announcements.

When something is decided and finalized, it will be announced, as always.

(If you mean REDD-specific changes, then nevermind).
    It is <CLASSIFIED> I am not allowed to reveal it to the public, FM's orders. Also Ik some R.E.D.D Plans that are in fact "<CLASSIFIED>" By the sounds of thing there not just "suggestions and proposals", but we never know -Waves hands all chanty like- >.>.
    VECTOR PLATOON
    //work in progress\\
    Recruitment: Message to apply.
    Faction: BLUE
    Dishcord: https://discord.gg/33sZQb4

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

So I was thinking of how to incorperate frigates better into the wars, and I've been pondering the thought for quite a while now, and just about now I came up with a plausable answer to incorperate into the Reach wars.

First of all, when battle night comes along we chose a territory to attack, and attack it with troops from a nearby territory. What I propose is that we can't just move troops from one map onto another, we have to move them by using military frigates. So when you have to move troops from one map onto another we have to use frigates, and when we attack another map we have to use frigates also.

So, to make sure I'm understood, frigates CAN move more than once a week, you can move a frigate as many times around as you want as long as you pay 10cR in fuel for every move the frigate makes. Each army will begin with three frigates (assuming we have the same amount of maps) and you can buy more for 5000cR each. You CANNOT move a frigate past enemy lines, and you cannot attack more than one territory a week unless those rules are changed.

If moving frigates around the map enough in order to move troops around ends up being too much work, you can purchase "links" (idk, either by railroad or something) between maps that allows you to move troops between them without the help of a frigate, these links would cost 500cR each and moving troops between them is free of charge.

Now the fun part. If your frigate attacks a map with another frigate, than the two frigates do battle. If the attacking side wins that they can continue to attack the territory below. However if they lose, than they lose their ability to attack a map for that week and all troops on board.

If two frigates pass eachother to attack maps that are right next to themselves than the frigates do battle, and the winning side gets to continue their attack and the losing side loses their frigate and all troops aboard.

If say you have a link to a map that you recently lost, and you want to attack it without help of a frigate, you CAN. However if there is a frigate parked ontop of that territory than you do a battle similar to what Verboten Donkey described earlier in this thread. You are the attacking side, and you have to assault a single frigate. If you win than the opposing army (that had the frigate and lost it) loses that frigate along with two extra losses during the battle night for that map.

Casualties:
    If you lose a frigate, you lose all troops on board during its destruction. A frigate can carry a max of 300 troops, however you can use more than one frigate during an attack to increase that troop count, and you can stack three frigates for one battle, so in theory you can have a total of 900 troops attack a single map. However extra frigates brings me to my next point.

Lets say you have two frigates and your opponent has one, you still play like normal, however if you lose one frigate you still have another chance to take down your opponent.

If you have three frigates though, and your opponent only has one, you automatically win. If you have three and he has two though, you still play until only one side has frigates left.

You play one battle for every frigate.

What do you guys think?

(By Ireland Wolf)

i don't really like that system, one side can just put a frigate on all their boarder maps for a quick one game victory.
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by silversleek View Post
    i don't really like that system, one side can just put a frigate on all their boarder maps for a quick one game victory.
    Yeah, but it's a trade off at the same time. If their frigate is destroyed the attacking army gets an extra win or two for that map.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Blog Posts

If the WC hasn't changed much on the propositions put in, then you will be very pleased with some of the updates Surrounded. =)

I agree though, it's unbalanced if the entire Frigate would be destroyed.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by VerbotenDonkey View Post
    If the WC hasn't changed much on the propositions put in, then you will be very pleased with some of the updates Surrounded. =)

I agree though, it's unbalanced if the entire Frigate would be destroyed.
    I'll trust you on that then Verboten.

If the frigates wern't able to be destroyed though they could just sit on the front lines and protect the troops beneath them.

Here, this might be a fix to the problem Silver mentioned:

If your frigate attacks another map with a frigate on it, you still play for the map along with the frigate battle, however, if you fail to take the map and your frigate is destroyed, than you lose all of the attacking troops anyway (instead of losing all of them before even being able to attack).

If you fail to win the map but your frigate is still active after the frigate battle than you and your troops can escape.

If you win the map, but your frigate is destroyed than the defending troops can escape, but you still win the map. Similarly, if you win and the opponents frigate is destroyed, all defending troops are killed.

(By Ireland Wolf)

Most Interesting Man in the World
    Call-sign: Mother Bird
    Weapon of Mass Seduction
    Blog Posts

We've got a lot of stuff planned for you guys. Just sit tight for now.

~Kuhblam

I don't interest myself in "why". I think more often in terms of "when", sometimes "where"; always "how much."
    ----

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhblam View Post
    We've got a lot of stuff planned for you guys. Just sit tight for now.

~Kuhblam
    Ten-Four

(By Ireland Wolf)

Thread Information