Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Re: Frigate battles.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHammer View Post
    We discussed that idea Garg, but we never really had much come of it.

Love the idea of the ship to ship battle, but Spartan is correct. Shame too, cause I would LOVE that as I quite enjoyed Battle Front.
    Agreed.

Blog Posts

If Battle Front 3 where to ever come out (God please answer my prayers!!!) we should definitely include it in FC, I would fucken drool over us being in Battle Front 3.

REDD or BLUE Resistance comes through!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    Silko isn't an innate troublemaker, and doesn't intentionally break the rules.
    Co-Founder of the Resistance
    Undefeated on Reach

yeah, don't get me wrong surrounded. i would LOVE space battles. they just wouldn't work though
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

WOW... I really like this idea. There has to be a way we may implement this for the next war. I will bring this up in Future War Council meetings. Good Work!

Founder of Forerunner Conflict
    Blog Posts

Just hit me, but you could have some kind of actual map and gametype that would allow it, although that would require some MASTERFUL forging. Think of the Halo 1 level called Boarding Actions where it was the two halves of a ship and the players got to each side by teleporter. Obviously I'm sure we can make it a little more complex than that, but it could be a possibility with the right forging. You can't rely on aircraft alone to get you to the other side, there must be some kind of bridge, construct, or mancannon that allows people to travel on foot.

I created Hill 30

UNSC Marathon-class cruiser, designation: UNSC Adamantium

Spartanbh: I have acquired and have seen a couple gametypes and maps that were forged in this way, to allow travel by footsoldier and aircraft, and it balances out superbly. I see no flaw with the ship defenses on these maps too, just simple shades and plasma/machine turrets.

We Fly together, We Die together.
    BLUE Army Pilot for Foxtrot Squad, Making house calls since '98
    Vehicles Flown:
    -Pelican (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Phantom (Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, ODST)
    -Spirit (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Falcon (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Hornet (Halo CE, 3)
    -Seraph (Halo CE, 2, Reach)
    -Banshee/Space Banshee (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Longsword (Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Frigate, Halclyon (Halo CE, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Draco (Halo CE)
    -T-51 Skyhawk (Halo CE)

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanbh View Post
    Just hit me, but you could have some kind of actual map and gametype that would allow it, although that would require some MASTERFUL forging. Think of the Halo 1 level called Boarding Actions where it was the two halves of a ship and the players got to each side by teleporter. Obviously I'm sure we can make it a little more complex than that, but it could be a possibility with the right forging. You can't rely on aircraft alone to get you to the other side, there must be some kind of bridge, construct, or mancannon that allows people to travel on foot.
    Too bad bungie never gave us usable drop pods, you could angle them at the other ship, hit and find a way inside. I like the idea of the Man Cannons but I don't see how it would work. There might be a way to do it though . . . so does anyone remember the Truth and Reconcilliation? The grav lifts? If we place the ships above the island on FW, maybe there could be a way to get down to the bottom without dying (ie no fall damage), then we make Makeshift drop pods (like on H3's ODST drop pod maps) and go to the island. With that we could travel to the other side of the island and there would be some alternate route into the enemy ship (teleporter, STRONG mancannons, maybe a bunch of shield walls that "carry/bounce you up into the ships. I think the last would kill the budget though).

I like that idea though.

Blog Posts

This is what I want to push for: /Realistic/ battlefields. Where the scenery matches to actual battlefields, not some random building or bungie-made crap. We should be fighting over stuff that actually makes sense and looks real.

As for transportation ship-to-ship, we could put walkways connected to each ship made of some square piece, and then wrap them in shield doors to make it look like a grav-well that the Covenant would use.

Love the idea!
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

I've been considering possibilities for awhile now (since the Everlast-Highlands battles) for something to incorporate into it.

I haven't begun construction on the map yet (planned on doing most of it this week because of no battles this Sunday), but I've mapped out most of it.

I've envisioned an 8v8 map similar to Boarding Action that features two ships (larger and less open than Boarding Action) with approximately 7 options to cross the map. Three walkways and four mancannons. I plan on it being fully compatible with FC gametypes, and was considering the possibility of instead of a simple regular game, have it be either Invasion or Invasion Slayer, which would probably play better.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

Blog Posts

But Myth, can you play Invasion without the addition of Elites? Because Elites are banned.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

Thread Information