Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    UNSC Marathon-class cruiser, designation: UNSC Adamantium

Re: Frigate battles.

I can answer number 2 for you in laymans terms; losers gain a giant, flaming husk that once was a warship, winners get to live another day to patch up the gaping holes in their cruiser's armor. Sweet deal, eh?

We Fly together, We Die together.
    BLUE Army Pilot for Foxtrot Squad, Making house calls since '98
    Vehicles Flown:
    -Pelican (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Phantom (Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, ODST)
    -Spirit (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Falcon (Halo CE, Reach)
    -Hornet (Halo CE, 3)
    -Seraph (Halo CE, 2, Reach)
    -Banshee/Space Banshee (Halo 1,2,3, ODST, Reach)
    -Longsword (Halo 1, 2, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Frigate, Halclyon (Halo CE, 3, Reach)
    -UNSC Draco (Halo CE)
    -T-51 Skyhawk (Halo CE)

One more reason to reenlist.

davemograph.com
    Member since August 2006
    Add me on XBL GT:SpaceMovies

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Hey, do any WC members have any idea what happened to this motion? I remember Raz talking about it and Spartan mentioning Boarding Action.

Then Myth came in and said he had some pretty interesting GT's that included Frigates.

This next idea might be a little hard to incorperate, but has anyone ever played Titan Mode on Battlefield 2142? What is was were two large Titans (carriers floating in the air) and players would have to board the titans and destroy it from the inside, or capture all the rally points on the bottom and launch missiles at the target.

My point to the paragraph above, was that there was a vehicle in which players can enter and literally "shoot" themselves out of a pod and land on the top of the Titan. I'm pretty sure Man-Cannons couldn't get the job done here but if the next war is on Reach than we could include a "floor" since the frigates would be in atmosphere carrying troops. The "pods" could be either very strong man cannons, or teleporters in which players could use to "propell" themselves onto the enemy frigate. If the next war expands to other planets than we would have to scrap the ground "floor" since we'd be in space.

If we were to use Territories or Invasion Skirmish I have a feeling that this gametype would work out fine, with multiple capture points and ways to get to them (whether that means air ships or etc.).

Website Administrator
    Skynet is PARTIALLY ACTIVE
    RIP Cyberdyne
    RIP Net of the Sky

Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: Mythonian

1. We're working on multiple new features for the war, and full details will be given once the decisions have been finalized.

2. Making a map like that is quite tough. For example, I intended my Contact map to be along those lines (8v8 battle between two frigates), but I quickly ran out of budget and could only make it 4v4.
    Having trouble on the site? Need an Admin?
    PM me or Metkil5685, we're always online...

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythonian View Post
    1. We're working on multiple new features for the war, and full details will be given once the decisions have been finalized.

2. Making a map like that is quite tough. For example, I intended my Contact map to be along those lines (8v8 battle between two frigates), but I quickly ran out of budget and could only make it 4v4.
    Alright, thank you Myth, and I know how it is. I tried making a Battlefront two space battle, used at least 7-8 thousand of my budget on one ship, then I gave up . . .

Fabled Legendary Member
    I Like Turtles!
    I Live in an Igloo!
    Blog Posts

The possibility of forging such maps is near to none as it is outside the possibilities of the palette of Halo. Expert forgers such as the ones in Forge Hub or other forging communities have been unable to do so and they tend to be the ones stretching the limits of forge, if they can not do it there is no means that we can as we have a very small forging group.

These ideas may seem good on paper but they are very idealistic and actually applying it is not possible.
    "Do you guys know how hard it is to masturbate with you all talking!" - UNLUCKY

Former Field Marshal of both the REDD and BLUE
    Creator of 21st Degree and the Resistance
    7 victories fought and lead

For those about to rock
    We salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    The possibility of forging such maps is near to none as it is outside the possibilities of the palette of Halo. Expert forgers such as the ones in Forge Hub or other forging communities have been unable to do so and they tend to be the ones stretching the limits of forge, if they can not do it there is no means that we can as we have a very small forging group.

These ideas may seem good on paper but they are very idealistic and actually applying it is not possible.
    I wouldn't say impossible . . . it would be difficult, but I have played a few great gametypes that were ship to ship, only problem was being able to dock the enemy ship because of heavy equipment destroying attackers as soon as they entered. I wish I could have found one of those previous maps and adjusted it, but alas I played them way before I joined up here.

Blog Posts

I would actually like to see a single Ship battles, like where there's one invading army onboard and enemy ship or something.
    Joined April 2007
    Founder of the LARP
    Founder of the Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence
    Squads led:
    Halo 3 Era: XO of Wolf Squad, CO of Nova Squad
    Halo Reach Era: CO of 1st Marines Platoon, CO of Foxtrot Squad, CO of Wolfpack Squad, CO of REDWATCH Special Forces
    Halo 4 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces, Director of Imperial Office of Naval Intelligence and Project ARTEMIS, CO of the Dark Sail Raiders
    Halo 5 Era: CO of REDWATCH Special Forces

i have a cool map based off of battlefront two. i'll send it to you when i get a chance k myth?
    Spem Successus Alit

RP forces
    RP Units guide

The Beast Within
    The Original Space Cat
    Blog Posts

If we were to use only one ship we could use the maps that were designed on a spaceship. (looking at you Anchor 9 and Condemned.)

Now with Low Level Radiation!

Thread Information