Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/11

Re: 9/11

I don't understand. We hardly ever morn the dead from the The kkk murders. Saint valentines day masacre. The earthquake in los Angeles. Hurricane katrina. There's so many events where lost a lot of innocent American lifes yet we just pass those up like nothing most of the time.

~ Forerunner Conflict War 1 Veteran ~

Quote Originally Posted by MedeDust View Post
    I don't understand. We hardly ever morn the dead from the The kkk murders. Saint valentines day masacre. The earthquake in los Angeles. Hurricane katrina. There's so many events where lost a lot of innocent American lifes yet we just pass those up like nothing most of the time.
    I think it is more in effect that America as a country was attacked for its ideals and its freedom that we all experience. We cannot control "natural events" and thus people blame science or religion for these things and do not mourn so heavily the loss of life.

As 9/11 was the only attack on the mainland USA in modern history (since WWII), it resonates so much so with the people of this country.
    Former Field Marshal and General of the BLUE Army
    The Undisputed "Race" Champion of the Forerunner Conflict's 8th Anniversary Celebrations

Click here to buy some awesome apparel! Half of the profit from FC-related swag goes right back to FC!

I was in 2nd grade when 9/11 happened. I woke up at about 8 and got ready for school which starts at 9. My grandpa had the news on and I asked him what was happening. He told me that two planes had crashed into the Twin Towers in New York City. I was surprised but I didn't fully understand what was going on. I live on the west coast so by the time I had heard about it on the news, it was 11 am in New York. I went to school and all the kids were talking about it. Some even joking about it. I dont blame them for doing so, none of us really understood what was happening and what the cause and effect of all this would be. Our teacher tried to be calm and do her job, but all the kids were asking her questions about what was happening and she tried to explain to the best of her ability without over stepping her bounds as a second grade teacher. The day ended and I went home. The TV was still on and by this time, all the cameras where focused on the remains of the Twin Towers. I went to sleep thinking none of it. But as I grew older, I began to realize what happened that day. Every year I try to watch the Re-air of the 9/11 coverage that the news channels do. And it always hits me on how real it all is.

The thing that gets me the most every time is the jumpers. People throwing themselves out of windows because they can't breath in the smoky buildings.

That's my little story about 9/11.

Now lets try and keep this thread centered on 9/11 stories and remembering the people who lost their lives that day. I dont want to see any of this conspiracy bullshit.

RvBR/FC Veteran. 7 years

Blog Posts

Not to mention none of those events(terrible as they all were) didn't have huge part bringing us into an almost ten year war on terrorism. Those events brought us closer together, however 9/11 brought us together, and pissed us off.

I'm right back at it again...

Forever BLUE
    Forever REDD
    Forever FC
    Blog Posts

i fully understand what Mede was saying however just like Gargoyle said:

Those events brought us closer together, however 9/11 brought us together, and pissed us off.
    9/11 brought everyone together at that moment... people who didnt care were still watching. However when Katrina was happening only a select few cared, let alone it was a natural disaster...

Saints Valintines Day Massacure was a tragady... hell yes it was, but it was solved and it kinda was a dragged out sequesnce with Capone (not our Capone)... that also only affected a select few...

reason 9/11 is still a massive tragedy is because of how it was done, how it began, how it "ended", and the after-math... we may have been on a 10 year "War on Terrorism", but its not over, people still have questions....

My personal thoughts on 9/11 were created in either a post or blog one here many months ago, and im not gonna bring them here... so to sum this up...

R.I.P

I was born Awesome.
    Everything I do is Awesome. Anything I touch is Awesome.
    I didn't choose the Awesome Life.
    It chose me

Thread Information