Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams
    View Channel: CarpeVexillum

Contact Lost :: Original FC Story

(So I decided to post my complete collection of the first part of Contact Lost, a short story I have been writing that bases itself around a group of rebel Blues in the fight against the Red army. This first part takes place at the defense of a Major Blue base. The events of the squad are detailed in this short passage. The fact that some characters may seem like actual members is completely... confidential. If you like it enough tell me and I will post the rest of my writings possibly in more detail.)

Key:
    Red Text = Red Army
    Gray Text = Blue Army
    Gold *** = Unabridged Addition

~~~~~~
    Prologue
    ~~~~~~

In 2552, during the Battle of Installation 05, a signal was sent to all seven Installation's from Installation 05, putting them on a standby mode, installation 02 was fully prepared to fire on demand. By the time that UNSC forces had discovered that the seven ring worlds were ready for activation, three of the quickest UNSC fleets were sent to the giant ring worlds. The closest, Installation 02. Readouts showed it to be covered in blue ice with few distinguishing features. A more comprehensive readout was later observed on the Supercarrier Marieana, showing the inner ring to be covered in water, or some form of blue rocks. This geography showed entail that complex Forerunner structures and/or artifacts might be located there. It is known that the poles of Harvest are snowy, icy, and "blue" like Installation 02. Investigation was put into effect.

However due to one Installation monitor, number 7, "Wrath Spark" UNSC ships were rendered incapable of any type of hostile movement via system wide virus. Leaving warp drivers, Mac/plasma cannons and even long range communications off line. With no other means of progress, the UNSC send several men to the rings surface. With UNSC base construction well under way and the, small skirmishes were already breaking out, against themselves. By the time that the battle on the surface was in full effect. An exploration group that was sent under ground, discovered that the ice layer was actually a protective layer formed to protect the Forerunner's colony. It was later revealed that the ice layer was melting at an alarming rate, more than two feet in one rotation around the planet. Now with ice lakes forming and the ring's inner surface heating up plant life is beginning to show as well as some form's of prehistoric life only seen on earth. The rapid change in climate had caused the army to split in half, one side claimed their color Blue and the other Red. Tension is high, and war, war never changes.
    -Courtesy of Basic Insanity

Artificial Intelligence log [000.000.002]

[Accessing File]UNSCS ZEUS Personnel[Type: Private][Artificial Construct Log 0245]
    >>LOW Level encryption key[DRN-0023987.987]

23.890 Days since arrival at Forunner Construct.
    Battlegroup Integrity: 92%
    Cause of inefficiency : Lack of long range communications
    Solution: Land-to-air or land-to-land warfare recommended.
    >>It seems that with the loss of communications, well primary communications for that matter, the vacuum based combat that the Reds are known for has all come to an end. Speculations suggest that the same communicative error is present within the enemy as well. Weapon systems are also offline and as standard goes, so are theirs, but on the contrary all other weapons are a go, combat weapons. Which leaves land based warfare, skipping the Naval theater.
    >>>>Assessment [0987.02] will be set up as the foothold on the ring by the Blues, Battlegroup command should be rerouted there for distribution.
    <<EDIT[xx.xx.2552]
    [0987.02] is under attack. BG brass will remain in stationary position within Ring gravity well. Blue forces are defending the base efficiently, minimal losses have been sustained. Medical personell on hand and en route to [0987.02] as I make this report.
    [/end of file]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter One :: Introductions?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/>Accessing [0987.02]'s communications array.
    [Set mode] : BURST TRANSMISSION
    /Broadcast

The Blue Artificial intelligence, Drena, accessed the communication network established at the [0987.02] base, otherwise known as "Berlin" according to her human counterparts. The name was symbolic, maybe because of the wall of defenses the 18th had to erect, in order to withstand bombardment from the seemingly bottomless Red warchest. Periodic Banshee flybys and troop charges kept the active Defender's on their toes, the fighting had dampered a little, after the three waves of full Red raid parties.

Human determination to survive, she was thoroughly impressed, which was unusual. Underestimating the human will, a common error indeed. She was ready to deliver her message of grim news. No not of another attack, that would be grand news compared to this. This pertained to something surely the Reds despised as much as she did..or maybe not. It all depended on ones, point of view.
    /Broadcast

"Attention Marines! Bad news.." She began her broadcast with the standard attention grabbing line, of 'attention'. "There is a storm system moving into the area, expect heavy rains and 24 miles per hour winds. Hope you're not afraid to get a little wet!" She exclaimed at the end of the broadcast, knowing a few Marines may give a laugh, whilst another few may grumble and mumble, all while the final majority may not give a damn.

/End

Chief Taki heard the broadcast from his post on the wall. Shaking his head he turned to a Marine and shook his head. "Gonna be a long night." he said before turning back to try and spot a Covenant advance. Taki wasn't really sure why they were there, not even sure what they were supposed to be doing. All he knew was that the higher ups said jump and he didn't even bother asking how high. It didn't matter at this point, he could withstand a little water. The marine who was standing above him, or more to the side rather only chuckled slightly, as he tossed away a spent ammo magazine. "Gonna be a long and wet night, names Greg by the way." the man said with a sigh. His position was a sitting one his back to the sandbag and quick-crete barricade that made up the "Berlin Wall" of the base. His helmet lay on the side of him, right side up, ready to be put on and secured. Taki looked back and smiled. "Could be worse. Not gonna say how cause I'll jinx it." he said chuckling slightly. It was times like these that Taki didn't mind chatting on a mission, he was usually the strong silent type, but now he could relax a bit. "Takamura, Taki for short."

The Greg shrugged as he stood up. Leaning forward to get his back up off the wall, and then placing his knee onto the ground so he could push upwards with his right foot, and turn at the same time to bring his weapon to bear, scanning the battlefield in front of the wall, just like the other, thirty or so immediate action wall guardsmen. "I wonder when we'll get the green light to take the fight to those Red bastards?" He asked as he bent over sideways and pulled his helmet on. Their Sergeant walked up to them. "Don't worry you two I'mm sure we'll get the chance soon enough." he sat next to them and looked up at the sky. "Come on boy's just think once that rain hit's we'll hear them coming from a mile away. Just relax and it`ll all be over in no time."

Taki shook his head not even caring. "No point if they keep finding us Sarge. Besides, way I see it." he said as he raised his battle rifle up and looked though the sights to see only slightly farther than before. We're probably not going to be here much longer anyway." speaking as he continued to scan the horizon. "I still got nothin'. See if you can't reach the ship, see if they have anything." he ordered one of the many junior Marines just sitting around. The Marine nodded and promptly left to carry out the order. Greg chuckled at the order, joining the Chief in looking down the sight of his own rifle. "Y'know Taki, the communications still aren't online, we have to use oldschool tactics now, when it comes with communicating with the brass." The man smirked behind his visor. "Y'know, with messenger's and shit like that." He said as he looked up from his sighting scope and to Taki. He was right, the only outbound flights had been a collection of reports, requesting the equivalent in orders to be returned to the base so the Field brass could determine which fireteams would do what, instead of playing guard duty all damn day.

"Not my problem now." Taki replied before lowering his rifle and looking out at the horizon. Looking at Greg he smiled slightly. "You ever think this war's gonna end?" he asked, already partially knowing the answer. He'd been fighting far longer than he cared to remember. Killing the Reds with little remorse, not caring that they too had beliefs. "Not in my lifetime." Greg responded with a chuckle as he adjusted his shouldering position of his battle rifle. The metallic clinking sounds were like music to his ears as he looked behind him at the base, still being constructed as it was literally chiseled out of the rocks and ruins of the site chosen by the Commander of the Battlegroup. "So Whose bright idea was it to build a base in the middle of a mountain?" Taki asked as he too looked back to see just how far along they had come. It was quiet, too quiet. A little voice in the back of Taki's head urged him to say so, but he ignored it he didn't want to ruin the relatively good mood of the day, despite the rain.

Greg smirked and then chuckled. "You know god damn well, whose choice that was." He said turning on his heel to look at the base still underway, ruins being retrofitted with defense grade titanium barricades, a series of turrets being placed on the fairly large ruin that would become what the base would know as the Medical/Op center. It was indeed large enough to accommodate both, and then some. Some engineers were carrying viewing screens up the ramp that led into the forsaken ruin, possibly a temple structure? Who cared, it had a known purpose now, and that's all that mattered to the sergeant. Greg turned back around looked at the horizon which was farther than he should have been looking. His eyes were not focused on the ridgeline that could suddenly give way to another charge, backed up by some beefed up squads this time. "Man, thats some storm brewin..." He muttered as he saw a brilliant flash of blue, only one. Nothing to be alarmed about, then there was another, and another. Mind you, he was not focused on what these 'flashes' were, he only saw them in peripheral vision. But the abundance of them forced him to re-focus on the ridge line, and much to his horror he learned what those flashes really were.

Soaring high and at an gradual arc were at least five plasma mortars, fired by none other than Wraith Tanks, since no one reported seeing the artillery cannons that the Red did indeed possess.

"Incoming! Five blueberries in bound!" Greg said as he jumped off of the wall, taking Takamura with him in a 'clothesline' maneuver with his arm. The current wall guard vacated the wall as fast as possible. Takamura tumbled backwards as he fell off the top of the wall. "Your not helping!" he yelled as he got up and resumed his position on the wall, this time kneeling and pointing his gun at the ridge line awaiting the onslaught. "To the wall, Artillery Return fire!" he yelled as the plasma rounds grew closer. Silently he cursed himself for letting his attention slip like that, it should have never happened.

"Just shoot those Red bastards!" Greg shouted as he retook his position on the wall, and...

>TESTING COMMUNICATIONS
    >x Commence.

Drena was perplexed, the communications uplink was one-hundred percent operational. Weather interference was concluded to be minimal. So what exactly was stopping her from making direct communication with the fleet above? The construct..that was the only probable thing. Maybe a defense mechanism? Possibly something more complex. She would have to assertain more information to make such a conclusion on a broad assumption such as the planetary habitat that they were now based upon was an actual likely cause of interference?

>WORKING
    >PROBLEM SOLVED

That's it! If the construct was jamming the regular frequency then all she had to do was change the frequency.

>xFrequency[.003]
    xx[.007]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter Two :: Command This!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frank strutted about his Quarters in a angrily fashion. Frank then walked over to his desk computer and activated the communications screen. He read the screen say and said it out loud in a Sarcastic tone, "Communications down, main objective establish communications.... BLAH BLAH BLAH!!" Frank then yelled at the last part taking a glass of 2344 wine. "Perfect year." He said as he then finished the glass and put it down. Frank then put on his normal uniform form his sleeping clothes and went to the Bridge. He went to the main battle computer in the middle of the Bridge and acivated the 3d Landscape of the Base. He walked over to the Communications officer and said, "Have you reestablished communications yet?" The communications officer shook his head and said, "No sir. Working on it." "OK" Frank said walking back to the "Table" He like to call it. Frank pressed a few more buttons and zoomed in on the perimeter. "From the last transmission they were able to send, the A.I. was able to give blue prints on the base. That was a long time ago but maybe they got it up and running." Frank said as he saw the walls still being built. He then zoomed in on the communications tower and pressing a few more buttons took it apart and saw that it was perfect as can be. "Maybe it is the weather." He thought.
    Frank pressed a button on the "Table" and turned it off. He turned around when the communications officer said, "Communications reestablished, Sir." Frank turned around and went over to him. "Are you sure?" Frank said. The officer nodded and pressed a few buttons opening a channel to them. "Is anyone there? A.I. Drena respond!" Frank called out.

The voice of the A.I, came over the speakers. scratchy and patched, but that was due to the weather interferrence a large storm system was spinning its way towards the Berlin base. "Capt- Captian I read you loud and clear." The Artificial intelligence construct stated as she tried to stabilize the new communications code that was slipping under the ring's jammer.
    "I'm sure you want information.."

Frank nodded, "I want you to transfer all Data that you have gathered from the time communications were down to now. I also want to know what the Reds are doing right now." he crossed his arms. "Request fire support at the wall, fire for effect." Takamuras voices echoed through the comms. Frank heard it and went to the Mac cannon controller. "If you can, destroy those Wraiths." Frank said as the officer then aimed and shot 3 times each blowing up 2 wraiths. "How many left?" Frank said into the radio to the soldier asking assistance. "That's all of them sir, good to have you back." Takamura said as he saw the shots and the six resulting wraith explosions.

Jurah stood on the snow strewn plains of the immediate area five miles area from the Blue hard point. He stared at it with a crude smirk on his face.
    The sun shone down brilliantly on the Red artillery forces as they aligned to bombard the human position with plasma shells. Though the means of bombardment would not be as effective as the soldier would have liked, since the only artillery that was on the ring at the moment was indeed a corps of Wraith Tanks. "A fine day for..." He dropped his sentence and looked up at the sky, clear, with the ever present antithesis of his current position looming far above him, miles of vacuum in between, further separated by generated atmosphere. He sniffed the air, it was heavy with humidity,even though the temperatures were still near frigid..at least on this side of the battlefield.

"A fine day for a rain." He finally restated his previous thought as he crossed his arms, his black armor glinting dully.

Vent looked into the sky and felt an instance of vertigo as he saw the opposite end of the ring world. Slowly he lowered his eyes following the curve of the structure until he was looking at the snow covered ground between his armor. "Such a holy relic and now I walk upon the surface." Vent let out a content sight and watched as the air condensed and floated away much like smoke. Being on the ring world made him feel one step closer to the great journey and as if a weight had been lifted from his broad shoulders.

Feeling content for the first time in many days Vent slowly walked over the snow covered ground to wards the row of Wraith tanks awaiting the order to commence their bombardment on the Blue base. Blues. The thought of their name reminded him once again that they too tread upon the surface of this relic. His content feeling was quickly pushed aside by one of anger. The Blues. He had fought them many times. They were tenacious and at times could even be honorable but they did not deserve to walk upon this ring. Such an honor was for those that followed the path of the Emperor. His pace quickened as he passed the Wraith tanks. He nodded to a near a Red who returned the nod as he swept collected snow from the nose of his tank. Being near such machines of war increased Vent's impatience to engage the enemy. Finally he noticed his footsteps were taking him to wards Jurah. His pace slowed and he stopped several feet behind and to the right of the Ship Master. "Ship Master. If I may be so bold as to ask, when will the bombardment commence?"

The ears of the Red stealth commander were acute enough to pick up the advancements of another, quickly approaching him. He turned slowly, but not fully, only his upper torso made a movement to orient itself to where he could look behind him, over his right shoulder. "When the Emperor gives me a sign to commence the attack..I am only acting Field commander until one arrives from the Fleet above." He spoke with some disdain in his voice. Of course he would be honored to control the 5th Crusade with vigilance and malice. Vent bowed his head slightly at the commanders words. Not wanting to interrupt him any further Vent moved off more to his right. There not to far from the commander there was a grouping of small boulders partially buried in the snow. Sitting himself down on Vent removed his particle beam rifle from the small on his back as well as his carbine from its clam on his right thigh. Placing them next to him he looked over the land before him. "Lets hope the gods give their sign soon." He whispered this to himself, for one could never be to careful.

Jurah looked up to the sky, a clap of thunder was heard in the background of the sounds of more Wraiths arriving from the base that was about twenty-miles behind his current position. That was the sign he wanted to have. That was the sign he needed to commence the assault by the authority given to him by the Supreme Commander to rule in her stead until she had entered the battle herself. But if she was not, the battle would be won by the time she entered the atmosphere. His eyes squinted at the clouds as they encroached and eclipsed the sun further, focusing rays of the light down onto the 'day' side of the ring, and more specifically, in the snowy area which they were located in. "Listen! the drums beat for our victory. Let us wipe the Blue footprint from this ground!" He shouted and raised his hand, balling his fingers into a fist roaring with the vigor and energy gained right before a battle. Multiple, if not similar sounds and cheers could be heard taking place along the forward line of Reds. The Wraiths activated their plasma mortars and began to fire in a sequential order possibly already set before hand.

As the wraiths began their bombardment Vent stood. Taking the helmet clasped to his side Vent placed it over his head and closed the seals on his neck. With a hiss of pressurized air the helmet complete the self contained system of Vents armor. Soon after the seal was closed the blue lights on the outside of his helmet flickered to life. On the inside of his helmet his lenses glowed as they projected a small HUD over his eyes. Information quickly flashed over his eyes telling Vent that all of his armors systems were functioning properly. Taking his weapons from where he had placed them on the rocks nearby Vent slotted his particle beam rifle into the small of his back and held his pistol at the ready. Hearing his commanders yell Vent let one out himself. He was ready to purify this land.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter Three :: The Wall
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vent heard the bark of the blues weapons as they opened fire on the leading squads. "Commander the blues have opened fire." As he said this into his coms Vent ran forward between the REDD squads trusting that his active camouflage and the inclement weather would cover his approach. Once he reached the wall Vent risked disabling his camouflage for a split second, allowing him engage his anti-gravity long enough to grab onto the edge of the defensive wall. Once he grabbed a hold of the walls ledge Vent reengaged his camouflage. Climbing over the ledge quickly Vent crouched down on the firing line. He was lucky that none of the blues near him had seen him. Staying low he moved along the wall until he approached a blue female firing down the wall. Attaching his DMR to his right thigh Vent pulled out his Energy Garrote and twisted the cylindrical body separating the two halfs and revealing the faint green glow of the energy beam connecting them. Quickly he put his hands over her head and pulled the beam against her neck. The green glow disappeared as it cut into her throat and fuzed her throat shut keeping he from screaming out. Before she even fully grasped what had happened Vent threw her over the wall onto the ground below. If the fall hadn't killed her the lack of oxygen soon would. Vent began along the wall again searching for another target.

Takamura heard the thud of the body as it hit the ground. "s**t." he said as he turned to face in the direction that the sound had come from. "No way those damn reds have that kind of firepower." he said as he began scanning the wall, turning on his VISR he began to look at the line of soldiers on the wall, trying to find the red outline he felt was there. He didn't like not knowing what was going on, but he figured that if a red wanted to take him out they would have done so already. Takamura had already lost one soldier, and while not a rarity in any sense the reds they were facing certainly didn't appear to have the firepower to take out an ODST from their current range.

Vent approached behind another blue to preoccupied with shooting at the enemy to notice the body of the women and two other blues he had dispatched along the wall. This man was yelling violently at his targets below as if his voice alone would fend them off. Forgoing his Garret Vent placed one of his large hands over the soldiers mouth and his other arm around his neck. With a quick twist Vent snapped the blues neck. Letting the body slump to the ground Vent began moving again. He was quick approaching the time when his presence would be known, but he wanted to do as much damage to the forward line as possible.

Takamura saw the soldiers neck snap and smiled as he fired off a three round burst down the line, hoping to hit whatever it was that had just snapped the soldiers neck. If he didn't he would certainly draw attention to the fact that something was going on and that they shouldn't worry so much about the reds, but about what was happening in their ranks. Takamura tried his best not to hit any of his own troops.The body of the female startled Greg, and he watched the direction Taki was firing in. "What the hell, Marines we have a problem!" He shouted into the comms as he looked towards the Gate control building, which was originally just a forerunner pillar surrounded by a crumbling wall. "Don't let them open the gate!" he took a fragmentation grenade from his waist and pulled the pin, and tossed it over his shoulder as he jumped down from the wall and strafed towards the new point of defense.

Vent felt three impacts against his shields and growled as his shield flared briefly. Looking he saw a blue down the line wearing black body armor with an enclosed helmet much like that of the women he had first dispatched. Unlatching his DMR from his thigh Vent fired off several rounds down at the human. Not waiting to see if any of them hit Vent rolled off the walk way and landed on the ground below. Looking about him Vent began to run trying to find something he could destroy to hinder the blues defenses, and maybe even allow him to escape. Vent moved through the front of the base near the wall. His shields had taken several more hits and were almost down to half strength. He noticed the blues were gathering around a Forerunner pillar. It must have been important, but it was covered by to many troops for him to attack it and live. Opening his coms Vent connected himself to one of the lower command channels. "Tell the Commander that there is a Forerunner pillar 30 meters to my east being used by the blues for a key system of some kind. It is to heavily guarded for me to approach, however a plasma barrage should destroy the." Vent was interrupted as several more rounds impacted his shield. The rounds did not breech his shielding, but the flare caused from their impact attracted the attention for two near by marines. They opened fire and Vent felt one of their rounds penetrate his shields and pierce the flesh of his left calf. Cursing he opened fire placing two rounds into the gut of the blue that had wounded him and one into the unprotected face of the other. Seeing more soldiers approach Vent made for the wall one again. It was time for him to join back up with the main force.

Takamura turned his attention back to the advancing reds. "Base is clear, Take care of those reds and don't let them breach." he said as he fired methodically once more at the advancing hoard. Greg ducked down behind the blackened quick-crete as he ejected a spent ammo magazine and slapped in another into the proper point on his battle-rifle. His screen flickered showing information that was constantly being updated by the ODST spread thin along the wall their linked VISR's all gathered information independently and was broadcasted autonomously amongst themselves to improve their battlefield effectiveness. It was then he noticed the large purple hulk of a Wraith cresting the hill. "s**t." he said as he began searching for a heavier weapon. He found what he was looking for, a spartan laser. "FIRE IN THE HOLE!" he yelled as he popped up over the wall and aimed the laser at the Wraith. Squeezing the trigger he smiled as the initial laser designator illuminated the target in his sights. "Three, two, one." he counted down the seconds until the large beam fired. A flash of light filled Greg's VISR as the high intensity beam emanated from the weapon."We need more firepower NOW!" he screamed as he readied another shot, just in case. Taki saw the red flashes of a Laser, the only heavy laser the UNSC possessed was the SPARTAN laser weapon. It was excellent at beating down tanks and other heavy enemy weapons. "Damnit, there are too many...I'm out!" he shouted into the comms, hoping some Marine would run up, probably a private, and toss some full mags into his hands, or at his feet against the wall. A marine got a nice helping of grenade all over the place. Including his own hand, "Medic!" He shouted as he tossed his battle-rifle to the ground and picked up the now vacant assault rifle the marine had been toting. "Just stay alive, till the doc can see you, its not a good day to die."

Vent was back among the red force. Pausing for a moment he looked over the wound in his calf. Stamping his foot on the ground Vent growled at the pain that shot through his leg. Pushing the pain to the back of his mind Vent began to move again with the rest of the red forces. Holstering his DMR Vent removed his particle beam rifle and began taking shots at the defenders. Noticing tow spouts of flame coming from the ends of the defensive wall. Sighting in on one Vent targeted the large tank on the humans back. Firing Vent was surprised his first shot did not pierce the armor of the tank. Instead it only threw the blue off balance. Taking aim one again Vent instead fired at the line connecting the flamethrower to its tank. The line severed instantly and fuel began to spray about the blue lighting him and a small part of the wall on fire. "Soon we shall breach this wall."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter Four: The Driver
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angela was already in the motor pool when the orders where given to take a warthog out. During the fray she had been tied up with some higher ranking official on her way out, something about starting fights with marines and other issues, that she didn't have time for ontop of her pod being way the hell off course which she would have to investigate into at a later date. In the end it didn't matter because he left her alone and she carried on to do her job. She waited patiently in the drivers seat for the men who were to come. "Hustle boys I've got a vehicle all ready waiting!" Angela says into the comms while making sure the warthog was in working order. She planned on driving -a hidden talent she had discovered- them to their location and with that assuming her normal role as Marksman, a term she loved personally, just because she could b***h about someone being sexist. Though if she was ordered not to drive she would find another means to connect with her group. Greg left his post on the wall and followed Taki. "Yes si-holy s**t, is that Angie on the comms?" He asked breaking his sentence as he chuckled. "Thought the drop killed you." He joked, playful banter. "Almost there sweetheart." Takamura said into his coms to the waiting driver. "Greg, you take passenger seat, I'll take the gun." Takamura ordered as they arrived. He was soon in the back of the hog with the machine gun locked, cocked and ready to rock.

"Hah you cant get rid of my that easily Greg, and don't think I didn't hear that sir." She replied with a snip, "Alright boys get in, shut up, and hang onto something." Angela said punching Greg shoulder then turning the ignition and the vehicle roared to life. Checking everything one last time revving the engine a little getting a feel for the power it had, she turned to Takamura. "Where are we headed?" She asks him, slowly inching forward out of the motor pool awaiting the destination co-ordinates. Greg climbed into the passenger seat, maintaining a modified sitting position as he shoulder the assault rifle he bore. "Be easy I can get a little car sick." He smirked behind his visor.
    "Circle around the Covenant, there'll be three Scorpions. That's where we're going." he said to the driver as they began pulling out of the motor pool. "And Step on it." he added as he moved the gun around, getting a feel for it while he had the chance. "all I need is a clear shot." Takamura said to himself as they moved into the Red line. Smiling wryly he opened fire, mowing down the hoards of Red marines that assaulted the wall.

Angela punches the gas the engine roaring in protest with hunger. Soon they are at top speed going around the Reds. "DON'T STOP FIRING!" She yells over the engine and the metallic sound of the turret over her head. They swerve slightly as they dodge around obstacles and enemies, they leave the ground slightly going over a mound as they pass by the Reds. Greg kept pressure on the trigger of the MA5B ICWS his eyes squinted behind the visor as sweat ran into them, all this constant moving was keeping him a bit warm, and the cold rain only increased his body temperature, since it was a natural defense against illness to contract a fever of sorts during cold times. "******** this rain!" He said as the warthog went airborne and he sprayed the Reds now under them with the rounds from the assault rifle. Takamura continued to fire from the back of the hog. "Roger that." he said over the din of the gun and the engine as they sailed airborne. Holding onto the grips for dear life Takamura waited for what felt like ages for the Warthog to come down, firing away at anything and everything that wasn't Blue. Making mental note of Red positions as they drove he would try to direct fire at those he could reach once he had gotten into a tank.

Jurah saw the Blue vehicle as it exited the base. "Someone destroy that Blue vehicle." He hiss as the rain picked up, and a clap of thunder sounded overhead in the clouds. His fingers were clenched now, in a fist. Were the vermin mounting a counter offensive? Or was it only a hoax to slow his march towards them down? He did not know...yet. But he would find out. "Capture one of them, and interrogate them...hmmm" He though as he watched the multiple squads of Red Marines and ODST's fire at the moving vehicle. He sighed as he watched the fire from the cannon fodder miss and miss time and time again. Either the human's possessed a competent driver, or his men were highly inaccurate.

Dodging the fire from enemies Angela curses "God damn guns!" she screams seeing a shot directly in their path, she whips a quick doughnut letting the shot pass and then continues driving forward to the tanks. The thunder clapping above and the sky lighting up illuminated her path and vision, the rain spraying off the tires in what seemed like slow motion. The wind shield of the hog deflecting the rain off and to the side of the hog, a nice adjustment made by the UNSC water proofing the glass so the rain or water wouldn't hit and stay, made it a hell of a job to clean it off with any liquid though. The explosions of the enemy fire hitting the ground around them Angela maneuvers in a pattern that was hard to follow but not terribly hard to if the right person was watching they could probably get a shot close enough to flip the warthog. "This better be worth it, or I am gonna kick someones a** and it wont be Red." she says into the comms with distaste, her heart was accelerated and eyes strained as she kept them alive and rolling. Her hands where probably red under her gloves for she was using and gripping the wheel so tight it was almost painful, it didn't help that she was getting wet from the rain either, only made controlling the damn vehicle that much harder to run. "See if you can take down that damn cannon fodder." Angela request of her team mates in the hog, she was getting nervous, not all Red where idiots and there was a calculated chance of getting hit at 87%, never a good thing to keep up for to long, she decides in her head slowing and accelerating the vehicle to creates windows of opportunity for a good aimed 4 seconds that the gunner could utilize, but this of course could go both ways, so she was hoping Takamura could hit the enemy first.

"Just keep up speed." he said as he heard the engine alternating between high and low pitches as she accelerated and alternatively decelerated. Swinging the gun around Takamura shot the marines that were approaching, albeit rather clumsily, towards them. "Leave the shooting to me." he said, the rain pelting him in the face, though the shield of the machine gun gave him enough cover so that it wasn't impossible to see. "Your doing fine." he added as he swung the gun around more, killing more Reds.

Vent saw the Blue vehicle make visible dents in the Soldier forces it engaged. Pulling out his carbine Vent opened fire on the Vehicle, but aimed for the front hoping to either damage the wheels or engine enough to make the vehicle slow. While he did this Vent kept moving as a precaution against the Blues getting a lucky shot while his camo was engaged.

Greg ducked as the green plasma bolt of a carbine whizzed over his head. "Whoa! They noticed we were kicking their a**!" He said as he tried to locate the origin of the carbine round. Probably a Spartan trying to score some bragging rights on taking out a moving target. The Staff sergeant checked his ammunition count and he only had half a clip left. "Damn it.." He thought as his eyes went back to the dark and rainy horizon, trying to locate another green muzzle flash.

Angela breaks away from the Reds, as she does a couple carbine rounds are fired, one hitting the hood, one flying past Greg, and one striking the hood again. "F**K!" The warthog cruises around the field doing more maneuvers trying to evade fire and get to the destination. As the scorpion tanks come into sight, the unthinkable happened a carbine shot hit the left rear wheel causing it to lock up, in turn the warthog swings to the left in a swerve and with all the momentum flips once diagonally changing their position, "She tries to save it turning the wheels before they are in the air but its already over, 'Lean Left!' she shouts a split before they are in the air-" then twice before landing on its left side.Which in turn unless Greg and Taki fell out before would keep them behind the hog for cover. Angela however was still in the drivers seat, out cold from the impact on her side. Greg cursed as the Warthog tipped and eventually started to flip. He didn't have the leasiur of hearing what exactly Angela said but he did know he was in big trouble. The falling in a pit feeling encompassed and ensumed the man as he let go of the Assault rifle and allowed himself to be lifted out of the passenger seat by the physics of two dimensional movement. Since he wasn't wearing a seatbelt, as if any were present. He was flung up and forwards at the angle where the Warthog tipped over, The experience was surreal, of course terrifying as well. The ground came up hard. And the impact was no better. "********"

Vent smirked as he saw the Blue vehicle careen out of control and the inhabitants were flung out. "So now a slaughter begins." Activating his coms Vent contacted his commander. "Sir the Blue vehicle outside the base has been demobilized. Tempe-rarely or permanently I am unsure, however for now it is no threat." Uncloaking himself Vent heard a nearby marine and others in his squad yell in surprise. A plan quickly formed in Vents mind. "You. Take your squad and any others nearby and tear those Blues apart. If they are killed those of you that return shall be rewarded." Vent smiled and reactivated his cloak as the Marine leader rallied his squad and several stragglers around them to go towards the crashed vehicle.

Takamura was planted firmly in the turret until the vehicle came to a complete stop. He crawled out from under the Warthog and began firing at the marines. "Damn it." he shouted before he saw the tanks, close enough so that he could run to them, but far enough away to make it difficult. "I can make it, cover me." he said as he stood and fired with his battle rifle at the soldiers, running towards the tank as he did so. Greg felt like crap. His head was pounding, he felt a trickle of blood roll down his forehead as he struggled to his knees. "s**t...." He cursed looking out of his visor, surprised it wasn't cracked. He saw a spray of bullets inpact the ground and the incoming Reds, who were probably sent to check for survivors. His ears ringed, so he barely heard the Taki. "I am guessing we are alive.." he thought again as he upholstered his pistol and opened fire on the bastards.

Vent grimaced as many of the Marines were mowed down. There were still many left, but the odds of them succeeding in killing the survivors was now reduced greatly. As the remainder began to open fire on the downed vehicle Vent noticed the prone form of one of the Blues. If the Blue were unconscious then their commander would get his prisoner. Vent approached the downed hog slowly. The Marines were keeping the surviving Blues preoccupied and the unconscious one wasn't going anywhere so there was no reason to rush. Going far around the one Blues that was firing at the squad of marines, Vent crouched next to the prone figure of the downed Blue. Taking the Blue by the shoulders Vent dragged the body closer to him until he was able to put his arm under hers and place his hands on the back of her head. Surprised somewhat by the lightness of this human Vent was able to stand and begin to drag her quickly away. He hoped that the body would make an appropriate shield against any stray rounds. Even though this Blue was quite light Vent was quickly becoming annoyed at the pace he was taking. Risking a moment of diverting his attention from the survivors, Vent pulled the Blue up over his shoulder. Her large pack hit the side of his helmet. Taking a moment he ripped it off and threw it to the ground. Moving much more quickly now Vent slipped away from the warthog to safer distance. Dropping the Blue unceremoniously on the ground Vent stooped and removed her weapons, tossing them away. Vent kept and eye on the prone Spartan and opened his coms. "Commander. I have captured a Blue rebel. Requesting orders on where to take it."

Greg wavered on his feet as his vision blurred. The bullets punched into the bodies of the Reds one after another, making little spurts of their blood emit from their bodies as the projectiles connected with them. "******** bastards..." Just then as he made the statement his mind alerted him of something amiss. He didn't hear Angela cursing her a** off because of the vehicular mishap. She was driving after all "Something's not right.." Greg said as he rolled to the left and crouched to the other side of the hog, inspecting the driver's side. Which was devoid of a body. Taki was nowhere to be found either. Something about cover him came to mind when he thought about Takamura. "********" how did we get split up after a flip?". He thought as he slid onto the ground hearing the splatter of plasma on the underside of the Warthog, which had in turn become the other side of the impromptu cover. In the wet snow and mud, Greg could make out a drag trail and foot prints. Large enough to be a Red Spartan. "Damn they are taking prisoners!" Takamura made it to the tank and climbed in after ordering the current occupant out. "Get small Greg." he said as he brought the main gun to bear on the small squad of marines. "Firing on your position, danger close. That should clear you up to take another Scorpion." he said as he let a round rip. He prayed that his round was close enough to kill the Reds with the shock wave, but was far enough away from Greg that he wouldn't be hurt. Greg kept his head down, reloaded the now spent clip as he did. The boom was jarring, and the air rushing past him, overhead, was intense. But the after effect probably saved his life. "The Scorpions have capable Tank operators. I am not qualified to drive that gun." He said into the comms, looking through the freezing rain, trying to follow the drag trail to Angela, and possibly what ever took her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter Five: Prisoner
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angela is partly awake, she feels the sensation of moving, then being flipped. It occurs in her head that they crashed, and also that her team was helping her away from the scene. When shes tossed to the ground she grumbles wanting to yell at them. Angela Hernandez opens her eyes slowly as her weapons are taken away, she blinks a couple times regaining her senses one by one it seemed, its when she begins to hear the Red that she is startled into the black reality of her situation... "Prisoner"... Angela looks at the Red, as she does she starts to feel her injury's from the accident, her head was hit pretty bad a warm wet feeling on the side of her head and her helmet had good crack in it. She was pretty much sore, as she lays on the ground she makes an attempt to stay alive, by being quiet and staying put.

Jurah smirked as he watched one of his men drag away a prisoner from the overturned Blue vehicle. The prospect of the prisoner still being alive about time when he recieved it would be slim, since it was almost reaching freezing temperatures. Even he was feeling it through his armor. Though he was not outfitted for cold warfare. He turned his back and started to head back towards the already established base for the Reds. He would want to interrogate the prisoner, and learn whatever information he or she held. "Continue the attack, keep me updated" He said into the communications. "And..bring the prisoner to me." Vent heard the commanders response over his coms. "Bringing the human to you now." Vent crouched down and once again threw the Blues prone body over his shoulder. He began walking back to the Red base grunting occasionally as he felt the medication covering the pain from his broken rib subside. A quick alert from his HUD showed him that the rib had broken completely and was now loos. He was not looking forward to having it reset at the base. Shifting the weight of the Blue on his shoulder Vent felt the pain subside somewhat after doing so. "Hope you don't die while I am carrying you. Would hate to think the pain of moving you did not amount to something."

Angela grunts as the Red throws her over his shoulder. He seemed to think she was still unconscious... his mistake. She notices his slight leaning to one side, she guessed he was hurt ...better then nothing... Angela lifts her leg and knee's the Red as hard as she can hoping he looses his grip and she can somehow get away, unfortunately this was not part of her daily plan so she was thinking on the spot and in the moment, one thing after another, no time for long elaborate plans. Vent grunted in sudden pain as the Blue he had thought to be unconscious kneed him in the back. Losing his balance for a moment Vent had to crouch, to one knee to keep from falling. Griping the Blue tighter against his shoulder Vent stood and then slowly lifted it from his shoulder keeping the Blues arms pinned to her side. "Awake I see. Perhaps I deserve that kick for not binding you after I dragged you away from the wreckage. Maybe I should break your limbs to prevent it from happening again." Vent squeezed the Blue a little to emphasize his words. "Or you could hold still while I carry you through this storm." Vent chose his next words carefully. "To relative safety from the weather, and from your over zealous comrades."

Angela drops a beacon on the ground as he struggles with the pain, she had a couple more to use, though she completely ignores it as to not draw attention to what she had done. She stares the Red Spartan full on, "Ghost me mother ******** that's what I'd do to you." Angela says remaining still no matter how harsh her words where she wasn't ready to be broken to pieces. "Lets get you out of this storm..." She says making an obvious note of his inability to cope for extended periods of time lightly armored in the cold. "So where are we going? Interrogation city I suppose." She asks and answers her own question. Vent tilted his head in slight amusement at the Blues words. "Are all Blues so eager to die such a pointless death?" Vent noted with some satisfaction that the woman was no longer squirming. Once she mentioned the storm Vent suddenly remembered the bullet wound in his calf and could imagine the damage the cold was doing to the small piece of exposed flesh. "There Is some wisdom in your words. I hope you don't plan to escape while we travel. It is no short distance to either of our strongholds, and I doubt you would survive very long." Slowly Vent place the Blue back over his shoulder keeping her head facing the same direction as his. He began moving through the deepening snow making sure his grip was tight upon his prisoner.

Angela nods in agreement, "Well at least we can agree on basic survival instincts. Though I'd last longer than you... your injured." She says with a slight hint of sarcasm. "Why don't you just let me down, I'm a big girl I can walk." Angela says probing him some more shifting her body over his shoulder to become comfortable. She then turns her head to look at him. "I've always been curious, do those heads of yours have bone in the center? or is it some other type of tissue?" Angela asks sparking more insulting conversation. Vent rolled his eyes although all the Blue would see would be the unchanging face of his enclosed helmet. "If you can walk then you can run, and I don't want you running." Vent was about to give the her another squeeze when he felt her move about on his shoulder, but he was distracted when she began to talk again. He realized she was going to keep talking weather he participated or not, and there was still a very long walk to the base. He was beginning to regret he decisions to circumvent the battlefield thus tripling their journey. "Don't you Blues study your enemies at all? But if it is so important for you to know then I will tell you. Our heads have brains, much like your small ones."

"Hey I don't study you... you split from the army just to pick a damn fight and get all rowdy. There for your ugly, you stink and have no sense of moral capacity." Angela says growing uncomfortable on his shoulder. "I have no need to know about your anatomy, you have a head... I am a marksman, that's all I need to know." She shifts again on his shoulder kicking his back slightly. "You know, you Spartans have very boney shoulders. I suppose it wont matter, after interrogating me... and finding me to not give away information, you'll just kill me." Angela sighs, "Cruel world... so what are the ladies like back on the Red side?" Vent bristled as the Blue spoke of morals. "Morals...they are why we do what we must, and I am sure it is your morals that decide what you do as well. So do not speak to me about a lack of morals!" Vent felt her kick his back again, although it was more lightly than before. "Kick me again, and I will have to bind your limbs, and as I have no rope I would use your sleeves. I don't think your exposed skin would last very long. And yes you may die soon in the future, but your death will be certain if you continue to struggle. A slow death in the snow is one I would not wish upon anyone." Vent ignored her last question, deciding instead to concentrate on moving through the snow. He certainly didn't want to die out here.

Angela looks at the Red. "I could always make it so both of us die out here you know." She says with a slight hint of threat in her voice, before preceding to kick him again this time harder. "Now answer my question." Angela says, "Pretty please." Lifting her leg again for another kick if he refused. She kinda liked the cruel and unusual punishment, she was starting to catch on to this whole interrogation thing, before she was interrogated she would interrogate him, no matter how pointless or useless it was. Angela had to admit she was playing with fire, but she was one of the people who never learns until she gets burned, and even then its still in her nature. Vent couldn't help but let a small laugh escape from his mouth. "I am sure you think you could Blue, but I highly doubt it." Vent felt another few jabs go into the back of his large shoulder and felt her shift her weight to prepare another kick. "Are you stubborn, or just very stupid? You risk immediate harm and death just to spite me when you know nothing of what might happen in the far future. A slow painful death now, or a chance for something different in the future. So use your mind to work out this problem and decide whether or not it is in your best interest to continue to wear away at my patience."

"The fact that I rigged my armor with enough explosives to demolish both of us, for reasons exactly like these. I don't think I can I know." Angela grunts. "What information do you think I have anyway? I am a soldier, and I am stubborn thank you. That's just me, your rather stubborn yourself." Angela sighs letting her leg down slowly, "Maybe if I am nice to you, you'll put in a good word to let me go, its not like I want to kill you, not yet anyway." Angela laughs, she didn't know what she was saying. Waiting to die was never fun, this was going to be one hell of a day.

Vent turned his head to look at the Blue. He tried to discern whether or not she was lying about the explosive device. Her head was fully enclosed in her helmet and all Vent saw was a reflection of his own mask. Although Vent doubted she was lying, and even if she were it was something he could not risk. He hadn't even noticed that she had continued to talk again he was so busy looking around through the storm for some shelter. He couldn't take her directly to the base now, it would be to much of a risk. Seeing something in the distance, that he hoped was something they could temporarily shelter in, Vent made his way through the deep snow towards it. Pushing as much speed as would go into his tired body Vent soon saw a collection of large boulders covered with thick layers of snow. Once he had gotten close enough to make out the separate boulders Vent found a space between two of the larger ones that had a roof of collected snow making sort of cave. It seemed like it went back for at least fifteen feet. “This will have to do.” Walking into the mouth of the cave and instantly felt the difference in temperature even through his armor. Going in about five feet Vent rolled the Blue off his shoulder and quickly drew his carbine and pointed it at her head. “Sit up, and slowly remove your helmet. Once you have roll it towards me.”

Angela noticed they where heading in a tangent to their destination, she was curious as to why. The temperature difference was felt universally Angela grunts as she hits the cave floor. "Okay may I ask why?" She asks while removing her helmet, rolls it toward him, and brushing her hair out of her face to look at the large Spartan standing before her... with a gun pointed at her head. She was ready to detonate at any minute if things got to risky, she had just a finger twitch of air, so even if she was shot it would still go off. One of the glories about building your own bombs, though she wasn't sure about paying tribute to the suicide bombers of old.

Vent placed his foot upon the helmet. Bringing his leg up into the air Vent then brought it back down. It took three such stomps to crack and then break apart the human's helmet. "Why? Because your helmet is one of the most likely places to hide a detonator. Something tells me however that it wasn't there. So I'm going to need you to remove all of your suits armor." "No way." Angela says with distaste. "One I'm shy, two I don't feel that way about you, and three don't try force because I will destroy us now. Or at least make this your tomb." she says sassily but gradually changes to a threatening tone. " I suggest we move on to the interrogation so this can be all over with, I am starting to get bored." Angela says unmoving, defiantly not making any movement to take off her armor.

Vent growled in annoyance. "Fine. Have it your way. You only delay the inevitable though. With your helmet off you will soon succumb to the cold. Once you have fallen asleep due to hypothermia I will remove the explosives. Or." Vent patted a small satchel on the side of his waist. "You could remove the explosives yourself, and I could use some chemical bricks to start a small fire. Then there is always the other option I know you wish to avoid. Death." Angela growls, "We'll whatever causes you the most distress, lets get going." She says, still not moving, planning on his first suggestion, he would have to do it. "Oh when disarming me, be careful to do it right, one false move and we're both toast." She loved the benefits of her own bombs, if Angela made it out of this alive she would be writing in to the Headquarters for every soldier to be trained in making their own bombs, because the possibility's in tight situations seemed to be endless.

Vent shrugged and backed up to the entrance of the cave. "Don't worry. I have had much experience with your explosives. I will not make a mistake while you are asleep. I doubt you would know even if I did." Vent reactivated his cloak knowing that the falling snow and sleet outside would cover even the slight shimmer his cloak naturally left. "You may want to move the very back of the cave. It will be warmest there." Vent kept an eye on the Blue and activated his coms while turning off his external speakers. "This is Vent special operations Spartan. I have taken refuge from the storm in a cave almost three kilometers from the Blue base. The human has alluded too being rigged with explosives, this along with the worsening storm has made it pertinent for me to stop. I request a pickup when the storm winds have died down enough. Make sure to bring a expert with you to remove the explosives.” Vent turned off his coms and continued his watch of the Blue. He hoped that the winds died down soon enough so he wouldn't have to remove the explosives himself.

Angela scoffs, she had to admit the cold was getting to her, the skin on her face already starting to freeze tight and go numb. "Alrighty then, lets keep the blood pumping." She stands up and begins stretching and moving cracking her joints and tiring her hair up out of her face, "Are you ready?" She asks getting into a fighting stance, lets see what you Reds know." Angela swings for his face lunging forward. Any other time Vent wold have shot an attacking Blue. This time however the importance of this and the risk that a round might hit a vital organ or blood vessel prevented him front using his carbine. Dropping the carbine to the ground Vent brought his large hand up and caught her fist. Squeezing her closed fist to the point of breaking Vent then pulled her arm down sharply bringing her face to meet his armoured knee. Letting her drop to the ground Vent picked up his carbine and holstered it. "If you get up I will make sure to not be so kind with where I place my blows."

Angela gasps at the Reds speed and agility. "******** ******** ********!" She says as he squeezes her hand to near breaking point. As she stands there Angela tries to swing with her other arm, all the while surprised he hadn't shot her. Before she can even land the blow, her face is plastered against the armor of his knee, she feels the reprocution of the blow through her skull and the piercing of the numbness dulling creating blood to gather in on the impact point creating a large bruise on her cheekbone and down to her jaw. "Damni---" Angela falls down to the ground and beginning to fade out of consciousness, luckily in the hustle she dropped one of her last two beacons unnoticed. Angela is out 'cold', for the second time in one day.

Vent snorted as he saw the Blue stay on the ground and eventually collapse. Jabbing her with his booted foot Vent checked to see if she was faking or not. Satisfied that she was actually unconscious Vent turned her on her side and began to remove her armour plates. He grew more frustrated as each piece he removed was absent of explosives. He waited for moment before removing more of her amror as he attempted to remember witch layer had the heating system that was keeping her alive in this cold. He was almost positive it was the first layer that contained the heating and cooling system along with a weave of something call Kevlar. Taking out his combat knife Vent cut through the layers on the Blues left hand down to the skin. He removed the entire glove leaving the skin exposed. Slipping his fingers between the layers Vent tore them carefully from her body checking as he went. He found the explosives in the layer just above the heating one on each thigh. He removed them as well as the detonator witch he found in the same layer on her back. Taking the tattered pieces of armor Vent tore several strips, and threw the rest out of the cave. He also placed the explosives at the front of the cave packed beneath several layers of snow. "Just in case." He put the detonator in one of his satchels and then dragged the Blue to the back of the cave. Using the strips he had torn from several layers he tied her hands behind her back with the tops facing each other. As an after thought he tied her ankles together and propped her against the cave wall. Taking one of the chemical bricks he had Vent threw it in a pile of torn fabric from her suit and watched as it lit. The warmth spread and melted the snow around it, but stayed lit thanks to the chemical mixture. "Now we wait for our ride."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter Six: Contact Lost
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angela wakes up a fair amount of time later, she tries to shift to be comfortable only to realize she is bound. At the same time upon realizing that she feels the chill of the icy cold weather on her arm, but also the warm glow of heat on her chest. She lifts her head up looking at the Red, in an attempt to talk she cringes in pain feeling the large bruise on her face and a crumbly feeling in her jaw, she assumed it was fractured. Angela sighs hoping help or someone would be here soon to her beacon and rescue her, but she knew the chances of that where unlikely. Vent noticed that the Blue had finally awoken. He had hoped she would be unconscious at least until their pickup had arrived. "See what stubbornness get you?" Normally Vent wouldn't rub someones nose in their defeat, but normally those he defeated were either fellow Reds or dead. He also felt the need to relieve the stress this Blue had caused him.

"If I am stubborn I cant wait to see what happens to you..." Angela says ignoring the pain from talking at spits at the Red. She had been in good mood earlier, her nerve had built up. But now she felt vulnerable and pissed off, neither a good combination for her. "Hey s**t for brains you got any pain applicants? My jaw... thanks to you is killing me." Angela starts scooting across the floor towards the fire, also closer to him. Vent threw more shreds of cloth onto the fire before speaking. "That pain is a punishment for your stupidity, I see no reason for me to aleave it." Vent looked at the pile of fabric shreds. It had diminished to half its size and the storm still showed no signs of lessening. "Please do not get any closer. I would hate to have to make your pain worse because you felt the sudden need to bite me."

"Damn are you Reds telepathic?" Angela asks moving closer still. Her sudden adopted philosophy is that if no one is coming to help her might as well learn to cope with the pain so when death came she would be ready. "You still haven't answered my previous question. What are the chicks like on Red?" She asks being warmed by the fire while moving closer to the Spartan. Angela wishes the day would have gone differently, she was in the denial stage of her problem, and she could sense it slowly slipping into the depression state. Vent stared at the Blue in slight disbelief. "Woman...Do you want me to harm you again? I do not take joy from harming one who has no chance of survival. And you will be unable to make me kill you. I have a mission, and I will succeed in completing it."

Angela stops moving for the Red sticking by the fire, the cold was now severely getting through to her, for the first time she actually thought about the icy death which was now very possible for her. She curls up on the ground next to the flame, Angela closes her eyes letting out a breath of air, she had to give it to herself, at least she had put up a fight for the rebellion, and her pride. She figured that either a ship would come soon or she would die, so Angela starts reviewing her deeds, and regrets. Now she wasn't one to cry, so it wouldn't be that way. She just lays there with a blank face, finally having given up when ones less strong would have when first waking up in the hands of the enemy, she sighs... who was she to think that there was hope, greater men, greater women then herself haven't made it out of this type of situation... As Angela lays in the snow and water she thinks about what she would be doing right now if she was back with her team. 'Probably getting prepared for the next leg of this mission, or possibly getting ready for a nap, a nice warm shower and the familiar firmness of the military cots.' She suddenly misses the little tics of life that she had before, more importantly she missed her fellow comrades, thinking about each of them made her tear up. But no she refused to regret anything in the past. Now stuck in a cold cave with a dieing chemical fire, a Red guarding her planning to take her to the heart of the situation where she would likely die. Angela had lost all of her footing in the situation and her upper hand. More things she lost, thinking to herself: Pride, Ambition, Blood, Weapons, Hope, and More importantly which is soon to be lost life. Angela could no longer feel her feet or hands to the point where if they where to be blown off or stepped on she wouldn't notice. She was also pretty sure she had frost bite on the skin of her left shoulder. "H-hey... is there anything else to put in the fire?" Angela asks the Red her face was almost dangerously close to the quickly dieing flame, the only thing that had kept her face safe from the cold in the first place. "Where the f-f-f-uck are your friends...?" she asks rhetorically, in the mean time thinking about her team, they had probably given up on her, she wouldn't be surprised, coming after her would be a waste of resources and time, mean while she slowly freezes shivering on the ground.

*** Greg smirked and headed towards the motorpool as he held the shotgun close to him. "Hang in there Hernandez" He thought as he breathed against his visor, feeling his warm breath cascade back against his face.

Vent threw the last bits of torn fabric onto the sputtering fire. As a second thought he placed his only other chemical brick onto the fire as well. "That is all that is left. Now we wait." Vent knew the Blue was in a poor state of health. The fire and snow cave would keep her alive, but unless the storm ended soon she would die eventually. Vent sighed an reached out an arm and pulled the Blue closer to him until she was right beside him. Disabling the safety systems on his armors life support Vent rerouted the the heating property to focus on the side he was holding the Blue with. The opposite side quickly grew cool in comparison. "If you bite me I will stop keeping you warm." He watched as the snow began to cover and eventually block the entrance to the cave.

Angela stays in her curled up state, "I don't like they way your kind t-tastes anyway..." she manages to mumble out as he does the heat transfer, the heat on her skin actually hurt because she was so cold. Her head starting to throb she shifts a moment before closing her eyes, her brain was working at a slow pace, and she was half awake and half asleep, some might say half dead. Angela knew if someone didn't come for them soon, she would die, and if later after that so would the Red. She had to admit she was surprised by the fact that he was helping her live, but then again, they did seem to want an interrogation pretty bad, maybe his commander was one of the behind the desk act like hes cool sort of leader. 'Who knows' Angela thinks before giving her mind a rest. Her appearance was small, skin pulled tight and pale white from the cold, her lips where partly blue and eyes where red from lack of moisture. Angela shivered in the cold, the fire finally died... this was it... she was going to die, it was over. In one last final push for defiance, she uses all of her strength to turn to the Red quickly and she sinks her teeth into an open part of his armor handing on with her mouth and arms, with her legs she wraps around his other leg and jerks her body forward in great succession to try to push him over to make him land in the hot chemical mixture on the ground.

Vent let out a yell when he felt the Blues teeth clamp down on his flesh. Before he could dislodge her the Blue wrapped her legs around one of his and tried to imbalance him. The tugging succeed in causing Vent to fall to the ground in the remains of the chemical fire. His armor protected him from any severe burns but the pain was still immense. Angela's teeth bite down deep once more before she lets go and tries stand up. "t-take that you ugly b*****d." she stutters out trying to land on his back but falling next to him instead, rolling on her side too kick him with both feet and possibly head butt him. Angela knew there was no hope of her defeating this thing, but she figured she would do as much as possible.

Vent grunted as the Blue kicked him. He slowly stood himself up and while doing so he placed one of his hands on her head keeping it pinned to the ground. He may have been extremely weak from the cold, but he was more than strong enough to keep the Blue pinned. "Stubborn." Vent stopped talking just as he had begun when the cave suddenly became warm and the snowed in entrance melted away. He heard the voice of a Blue come from the reopened entrance. Quickly Vent picked up the Blue female while turning on his camouflage, and wrapped his arm around her chest holding her against him. With the other he pulled out his carbine and pointed it at the entrance. "Do not enter! I have a Blue here with me. She is alive and bound. Her life rests in my hands, and mine rests in yours. Shall we speak of what to do next?" Vent moved his arm up and put the female in a choke hold so she would fall unconscious. He did not want her causing anymore of a fuss. At the last moment Vent remembered the explosives he had placed at the entrance. They had not gone off from the flame that had melted away the snow. That meant luck was on his side.

Angela grunts as he picks her up growling slightly. Just as she does she feels the warmpth of the flamethrower her hopes are suddenly up then hearing her squad mates voices makes her estatic with energy. "I'm here!" she shouts to them, then remembering the explosives at the entrance. "Bombs at your feet be careful." She says right before the Red changes his grip on her and the airways in her throat pinched, she begins to suffocate. Angela tenses up trying to get air into her lungs, she kicks her feet back at him for a second before they seize up and press tightly together as she tries desperately to get air, she squirms managing to get a little bit of air, but within the next minute she is out cold... literally and figuratively.

Takamura leaps forward into a diving roll. Sure it was a tad flashy, but it also served to get him into the cave, and ready with his rifle as soon as he came to a stop. "Put her down and you just might walk out of here." he said as he leveled his rifle, steadying himself in his kneeling position. "Besides, if you think I came alone your sadly mistaken." Takamura replied, hoping that Greg and Jacob would get the message and step forward. Greg followed Takamura's lead, the shot gun ready as he slid down the created slope, In an instant he pivoted and held his shotgun level with the Red. "You heard the man Red scum."

Vent contemplated just snapping the Blues neck. However the thought of loosing his bargaining chip stopped him, not to mention all the hard work he had gone through to keep her alive would have been for nothing. "I assume the one who ran in here recklessly is the leader of your group. Only two of you? This soldier must not be very important." Before Vent continued he heard another Blue voice yell into the cave. "There are actually three of us. I'm staying out here because,well because the top of the opening is to narrow. So think of me as an ominous figure from beyond...Who likes to light Reds on fire! Vent was unsure what to make of what the Blue outside said. He assumed it had meant it carried a flamethrower. "Fine three. It does not matter how many of you there are, I just need to know how much this female I hold is worth to you." Vent pushed the Blues head to the side with the camouflaged barrel of his carbine. "Is she worth my life?"

"She might be." Takamura replied as he took careful aim. Keying his comm he spoke into it so that the others could hear. "Greg, I got a plan. Fire a wild shot, get his attention off of her. Jacob, be ready with the flamethrower in case he tries to escape. We're going to take him with us." he said as he smiled behind his helmet. "Holding her does nothing for your camouflage, why don't you just let her go?" he asked, trying to distract the Red.

Vent shook his head, although the Blues before him would have just have seen a slight distortion in the air as he did so. "I am no fool. And even if holding her does give away my position, my profile is still plenty broken up. Not to mention that while I hold her here you risk your rounds bouncing from my shield and into her. I may be wrong footed in this ordeal, but my bargaining chip makes up for almost all of it."

"Maybe, but we can save her, you wouldn't be so lucky." Taki said, his VISR showing the exact heat signature of the Red. "Now, put her down and we might let you walk out of here, if now, then you will make a very serious mistake." he said, flicking the safety of his rifle off. Greg listened to the Red, thanks to the VISR thermal imaging. He could tell Angela was losing heat and fast, he heard Taki's words and pointed the shotgun at the wall, and squeezed the trigger, the resulting sound for someone not paying attention to the gun would be startling, and uncalled for. The perfect distraction. "I wish you would SHUT UP!" He shouted as he fired off the round.

Takamura punched forward, hoping to knock the Red off balance and allow Angela to scoot away. He would then place the muzzle of his rifle up against the creatures skull if he had the opportunity and sit on top of him. If he didn't then it wouldn't matter, Angela would still be able to scoot free and Takamura wouldn't have to worry too much about hurting her. The bark of the shotgun surprised Vent and he took his carbine away from the females head to point it at the Blue who had fired. Half expecting to feel the buck shot from the shotgun Vent was confused when he saw that the Blue had shot the weapon into the wall. His reason for doing so soon became clear when the leader charged him. Vent yelled in frustration as he realized he wouldn't be able to bring the carbine to bear in time to just shoot the fool. Thinking quickly Vent brought the unconscious Blue to the left slightly. The impact of the charging males fist into the females stomach. Pushing against the force of his blow with the females body Vent hoped to unbalance the man. Swinging his carbine wielding arm Vent hoped to bash it into the helmet head of the Blue and unbalance him even further.

Takamura wasn't expecting what the elite did. Unable to stop his forward momentum he plowed into the two of them, hoping to knock them both back. The carbine hit him on the helmet, but fortunately it wasn't well placed and wasn't much more than a glancing blow, none the less it caused Takamura to see stars for a moment. Takamura wasn't concerned so much with Angela as he was about killing, or capturing the Red. He knew that the UNSC would be tracking them and could easily pick her up if need be. Greg pointed the shotgun at the Red, and moved in, seeing the struggled with Takamura, he hoped to get a grip on Angela and EVAC her out of this icy coffin. The hope Takamura would get out before he decided to dump two frags inside the hole.

Angela had began to wake up in the struggle after the gunshot and blow to her stomach. A small trickle of blood began to flow from the side of her mouth as she grows more concious. "ughhhh..." came an exasperated noise from her barely parted blue lips. She felt nothing on her skin for it was completely numb but she could feel the inside damage to her body from the abuse it had taken the past... however long she was there. When she is fully awake Angela rotates her head and begins to shout between them all. "STOP!" Her voice was choked and gargled with blood from internal bruising caused by the hit to her stomach. "Lets just get out of the cold..."

Greg finally inched over to her, and grabbed her around the shoulder and began to back out with her, the shotgun being held in one hand, supported by one arm. Steady, save for a waver or two here and there as he moved Angela farther from the Elite. "******** prisoners, kill the b*****d" He thought as he reached the entrance hole the flamethrower had made. "We'll leave him here." Takamura said as he too began to back out, keying his comm as he went. "We're backing out, be ready with the flamethrower just in case." he said, hoping he wouldn't have to fire a shot. Once out side they would get her onto the stretcher and head back to base as quickly as possible, hopefully in time to get her healed, despite her wounds.

Vent held still. For a moment he contemplated trying to destroy himself and the leader of the group with his plasma grenades, but the thought of dying with the taste of failure fresh in his mouth kept him from doing so. If he died now there would be no chance for redemption. "If the Blue female lives, tell her that she should leave this holy relic. If she doesn't I will find her again and I will kill her." Vent waited for the Blue to leave or shoot him.

Takamura was the last out, tossing a frag grenade in behind him. "Roast him." he told Jacob as he helped load their injured companion into the back of the hog. Once she was settled he patted Greg on the shoulder. "Good work." he said before turning back to Jacob. "Once your done having fun we need to get going." he shouted so he could be heard over the roar of the flames. Just before hopping into the passenger seat he keyed his comm, trying to get in touch with the ship orbiting overhead. "Sir, this is Takamura, we have Angela. I say again, we have her. Proceeding back to base." he said before cutting the link.

Vent didn't allow himself to relax even as the leader of the small group of Blues began to move out of the cave. As the Blue reached the entrance and left vent saw something fly from his hand and land several feet from the mouth of the cave. When it hit the ground Vent knew it was a fragmentation explosive. Running to the back of the cave Vent threw himself on the ground pointing his feet towards the grenade. Just before he covered his head with his arms the mouth of the cave filled with fire. When the grenade exploded Vent felt his shields pop as they were over loaded by the shrapnel that had reached him. A moment later he felt the heat of flames on his armor. Quickly he was overcome with pain and tried to roll himself in the snow at the back of the cave hoping to lessen the damage he was taking. Soon his vision grew dark as he went into shock from burns he was sustaining from the fire storm in the cave. As he slipped into unconsciousness he found himself wondering if he would awake sometime later, and if that would even be a good thing.

Jurah turned back to his officers. "Status on the Relief mission to pick up our brother in the field." The information was given to Jurah, he saw that a Pelican was already en route to the Spartans position. But also noticed that the comm link to his soldier was down... and Contact was Lost.

~~~~~~~
    End Part 1
    ~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Start Transmission Part 2
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter Seven: Rebirth
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greg was making sure the warming pads were positioned at vital points of Angelas body and he had her wrapped in the military blankets they procured from the base. "Come on Hernandez, don't die on me." He said, hoping she could hear him. He looked at Jacob. "Please?" He de-polarized his visor and looked at the white snow, and blinding sunrise. "Come on, lets get the hell out of the open." Angela was drifting in and out of consciousness. Most of the time she could see but not hear anything, but it varied sometimes she could hear but not see, sometimes she could hear and see, even neither. Angela looked up at her squad mates as they put her in the back of the hog and put heating pads on her body. She closes her eyes for long periods of time it could be seen as blinking very slowly. Looking at Greg and Taki she smiles slightly, "thank you." a small utterance that if the hog was on would not be heard but only seen. Angela then closes her eyes resting, she could feel her body warming up, but as it did the numbness exited from her skin and she could feel the true pain of her situation, within a few minutes a low moan is heard from her as her muscles tense up. The pain so strong that she forgot she was a soldier and now sounded like an everyday injured female back home, the tough gritty b***h gone for the time being.

"It's alright, we got you." Taki said as he patted her shoulder, unsure if it was comforting her, or hurting her. It didn't matter much to him, it was the gesture and the intention that mattered. "Greg, how close are we?" Taki yelled over the din of the hog.
    "Fifteen minutes, snow's melting....that can't be good." He said loud enough, not using the comms. He continued to watch the terrain, just wishing some Red b*****d decided to pop up, rear it;s ugly face and try, just try and kill them. Hell, even the whole Red army could try, but Greg would take them all down. "Not a bad thing." Takamura yelled back, though he was a little worried about the time. "Just get us there safe." he said as he keyed his comms again, this time contacting the base. "This is Takamura bringing in wounded soldier, request you open the gate and give us some cover. No Red yet but snow is melting." he said as they continued on.

Jacob wasn't used to driving a hog. Sure he had been approved for light to medium vehicle operation, but that had been in basic. Since then he had driven a hog only five times. Six now that he was driving the transport hog back towards base. The melting snow was bothering him somewhat. A bump here or there wouldn't regularly be a problem, but with an injured soldier in the back he was worried her condition would worsen unduly with to many bumps. The hogs back wheels hit a patch of slurry and lost traction for a moment causing the vehicle to fishtail slightly. "s**t!" Jacob quickly turned the front wheels into the skid and straitened out the hog. "Sorry guys! This damn thing has a fat a**. I'll try to keep her out of the melting snow as much as possible." The sun shone of the snow of the next hill and Jacob's visor polarized. Slowing the hog down as they reached the peak he put it in neutral and let gravity take them down the snowy slope. At the bottom he stepped on the gas lightly and took them off at a smooth pace. Soon Jacob saw the Berlin Wall and let himself relax a little. The main gate was open and he saw to scorpion tanks idling on either side watching the approach. Bringing the hog in he stopped it near the motor pool where several medics stood waiting. "Final stop, everybody off!"

Vent awoke to pain. The fact that he felt pain told him he had survived the firestorm inside the cave. When Vent attempted to open his eyes he was met with sharp stabbing pain from his eyelids. Tentatively he moved his hands to his helmet. While doing this he felt the skin on his left arm split open. His suite while saving him from a horibble death had melted onto quite a large amount of the skin on the left side of his torso. Each move he made caused it to crack and split the skin it had melted to. Keeping his left arm still from then on Vent probed his helmet and found the lenses over his eyes had cracked. Some of the pieces were pointed inwards and cut into his eyelids. He hoped the lacerations did not go deeper than the surface of his eyelids.
    Staying still for awhile Vent began to move his body trying to find the extent of his wounds. From what he could gather from the jolts of pain certain movement caused, his body was largely intact with most wounds being superficial. Although the jump into the back of the cave to avoid the shrapnel from the human grenade had pushed his broken rib further into his body and without medical attention even the most minor of his wounds would lead to his death. The thought of the Blue explosive device reminded him of the events that had led up to his current predicament. The memories filled him with anger and a need for revenge. Slowly he stood himself up using mainly his right arm and the cave wall to support his weight. The bullet wound in his calf made itself know once again as he slowly stumbled blindly through the cave towards the entrance. As he neared the entrance Vent heard the distinct noise of a dropship. Vent quickened his pace , but regretted it when his leg with the injured calf gave out for a split second. Dropping to the ground Vent had to reach out with his left arm to stop his fall. The pain of his skin opening up along it caused him to yell out in pain. He soon heard voices from outside.
    His yell must have told them where he was. It was the voice of a Red Soldier that he first heard clearly. I see him! He look hurt bad! More voices soon followed and Vent felt the hands of fellow Spartan on his shoulders. Vent Refumee, we have been sent to take you back to base...Where is the prisoner? Vent stood up slowly. "She is gone. A group of Blues arrived just as the storm ended. They took her and filled the cave with fire." Vent was silent for a moment. Jurah will not be pleased, but you will find that out soon enough...What is that you are holding. Vent was not sure what he meant, but realized he was holding something firmly in his left hand. Moving one of his fingers over it to try and feel what it was, Vent felt the jagged edge of what he knew what a broken faceplate. Realizing it was the remains of the Blue females helmet Vent held onto it tighter."It is the helmet of the escaped prisoner, and it may very well please Jurah to have it." The man grunted and led Vent out of the cave and to the awaiting phantom. Once aboard Vent heard the pilot alert the base that they would arrive soon and to have a medical team awaiting.

Jurah recieved a message that the Spartan that was stranded outside with his prisoner had been recovered, and was without the prisoner. A sigh escaped the veterans throat. A sigh of disappointment, a sigh of frustration. Two in one. "Why must I do everything?" He asked to himself mentally. "Bring him to me after you treat his wounds." he responded promptly.

Greg was up, dropping the weapon he had used. The shotgun. Onto the ground, assisting the medics in recovering Angela from the stretcher and onto a gurney to get her into a more stable environment. Afterwords one of the corpsmen held him back, he was not allowed to follow. The medical center was already overflowing into the ammo cache. Takamura hopped out of the back and looked around the base for a moment before heading towards the com relay. Shoving the comms officer seated there he instructed the man to leave. After which Takamura took his place and contacted the ship overhead. "Sir, this is Takamura, Angela has been recovered safely. If your going to get us out of here it'd be nice to know, otherwise tell us to hold our ground. With all due respect sir, make a decision." he said as he waited for the commanders reply. As Frank read the Base reports, he saw one report of Angela in the medical bay. As he reads what illness's she has, he sees that she will be in there for 22 hours. "You can stay put for the time being."

Angela is carried into the medical bay, while there a doctor looks over her wounds. He ends up having to strip her down and putting a medical blanket over her finding all injury's. The list proceeds... lots of internal bruising, frostbitten skin on her back, a fractured jaw, broken nose, and significant head trauma. The doctor ends up treating her wounds, given skin samples for her back, setting her nose, and then re-setting her jaw which caused a loud cry to be head outside of the med bay. Within two hours she is taken on a gurney and placed in the main parts of the med bay where people can visit. Angela was there to rest for 22 hours before she is allowed to get up. She is in a medical gown which fit her form tight, unlike the bulky armor she looked like a real woman, despite the black and blue face and body. Connected to a heart rate monitor just in case something happens to her. There she waits full of pain and hatred. 'that ******** Red will pay..'

Vent stepped from the side ramp of the drop ship after it had docked at the Red base's main hanger. During the flight most of Vent's armor had been removed. He had refused to wait until they reached the base to have the fused parts removed from his left am and parts of his chest. The Spartan on the drop ship who had the most medical training had tried to persuade Vent to wait until they reached the base before having the armor removed. But Vent was adamant about having it removed, and his general dislike of medical bays didn't help any. The removal of his armor had been painful. He would have to get skin graphs for his arm to avoid scar tissue. After removing the armor his arm had been wrapped in sterile plastic and put into a temporary sling across his stomach. Bandages would have dried to his wounds and caused more pain in the long run. Eyes were drawn to him as he strode from the ship. Seeing an angry Spartan with almost all of his upper body covered in plastic was not a common sight. Those that stared at him quickly averted their gaze when he stared back.

Behind him Vent heard the reverberation of boots following him down the pelicans ramp. "Vent Refumee. Follow me to the medical bay. We must deal with your broken rib before it kills you." Vent didn't to face the Spartan behind him. His rib could wait, but the helmet he clasped tightly in his right hand could not. "Take what remains of my armor and have it repaired. I expect it to be waiting for me once I am released by the medics. Before I go however I must deliver this to Jurah." Before the man could argue Vent strode away from the pelican and out of the hanger. He tried not to grunt in pain as he did so.

Once he had exited the hanger Vent Made his ways through the large halls of the base. While he made his way he heard murmurs about a new Field Marshal that had arrived at the base not long ago. The thought of that did not help Vent's disposition. Arriving at a small circular room that had one door that was guarded by two Majors. Vent had arrived outside of the command center. "I am Vent Refumee. I need to speak with Commander Jurah."

Pierce layed down in the bed he was given for the plasma fire he took during the battle. He was so bored, he looked at the other patients and saw a women with wounds that looked like she stuck herself inside an iceberg. Being on her right also helped to talk to her. "Hello? What's your name?" He then shuffles to get an even better look. His back pain flared for an instant but it is fine. He then reads what he can off of her medical sheet at the distance from his bed. Angela was lying there resting with her eyes closed, she had tried to sleep but there was no way, so when the man to the right of her asked who she way, her eyes opened at head turns. "Angela Hernandez soldier, what about you?" She asks in a quiet tone, but there was a hint of sarcasm and boredom behind her small voice. It seemed like this man was in for plasma scarring, nothing to bad, she guessed he would be fine. Angela cannot keep the back part of her mind from thinking about what had happened and the way the Red looked, she wanted to find him again, she wanted to meet him on the battle field, or at least see him with her trained marksman eye. Shots to all his limbs... make him suffer...

Pierce chuckled at her quick answer. He saw in her eyes the emotion of revenge that he had not seen in a long time. "Johnson, Pierce. Gunnery sergeant. You can call me Hazy if you want. What is your rank?" Pierce asked as he tried to imagine what she had been through. "Must have been rough if you come out like that." Pierce thought feeling sad for her. He then sat up and felt pain in his back but it was nothing compared to her. He felt so saddened for her that it made him realize that this was actually the first emotion he felt in a while.
    "Alright, Johnson. I am a Staff Sergent." Angela says looking back up to the ceiling. She closes her eyes gritting her teeth, "Yeah... it was pretty bad, but I guess I am lucky I have such caring teammates, or I would not be here." She says giving her friends due credit for her life, she wondered what on earth she would do to repay them, she would just have to work extra hard when she gets out of here, work towards her new rival. Angela wonders if the Red is even alive, if he made it out of the snowy tomb, she hoped... and that's all she could do. "So how did you end up here?" she asks the man keeping her eyes closed, shifting slightly in the bed, growing uncomfortable.

Pierce realizes that a person in her condition might like to be alone but he answers any way, "My platoon was murdered by the Red Wraiths but I survived. I will tell you one thing. If I find the leader of the damn Red army that attacked today, I will kill him/her." Pierce looks at her face and sees that she is kind of annoyed. "If I am buggin' you, tell me and I will leave you alone." He states. "Its fine... I am just tired..." Angela says once again wishing she could sleep. But her body would not let her. "I am sorry to hear about your platoon." She looks at the man again. "So when are you due to get out of here?" Angela asks ask a nurse comes to check up on her and inject more pain killers into her arm. A slight groan is heard deep in her throat as the needle breaks into her arm, the nurse wipes off the p***k and then walks out finished with her duties. Angela can feel the drugs starting to work on her lightening her mood and making her loopy, she would probably be a little more giving, and nice towards the man now. Pierce nodded and said, "I am due in about a full day. What about you, how long for you?" Pierce then rolled over on his belly so that his back could get air. He then looked at her with his head turned sideways so he could hear her and see Angela.

Once he was finished at the comms Takamura stood and proceed to the med bay. Upon arrival he spoke to one of the many nurses, his rifle and other weapons still in his hands and attached to his armor. He didn't care, though he could see the obvious nervousness of the nurse as he asked where he could fine Angela. Pointing towards a group of wounded soldiers Takamura nodded as he made his way over to them. Slowly he made his way towards her, his helmet clipped to his belt. His mind raced as he approached, unsure exactly what he was going to say to her upon seeing her beaten and battered body. Regardless he moved on, finding an empty folding chair he grabbed it and carried it towards her cot, now that he had found it. Setting the chair on the opposite side of her rack he sat in it and heaved a sigh. "Hey Sarge. How you feelin'?" he asked, unsure if he came off how he wanted to.

Angela sighs once audibly, "I get out of this place in twenty hours." She says looking to a clock on the wall. "I am wishing I could get out now, I have people I need to thank..." She had no clue why she was so eager to get back into the action even after what she went through, maybe that's the reason she is part of the division she is. Always seemingly more desperate for more action. Angela turns her head to Taki when he sets up a chair next to her, "Hey Takamura... I am..." Actually realizing her condition and state her next answer is truthful. "... I am doing alright, just... well hurt..." Angela looks at him, if she was in a good state she would be biting her bottom lip trying to decide what to say. "I am sorry about my terrible driving, if it wasn't for that we'd all be ok..." she deduced her situation was her fault anyway. "Thanks for coming back to get me though." Angela smiles towards him, an obvious conscious action, rare but nice. She lets out deep breaths, she wondered if the drugs they had given her also had sleep additives.

Pierce heard what she said and saw the new comer. He then rolled over on his back and stated, "Soldier, state your name and rank." Giving no sign of remorse. He then said, "I am messing with you. Pierce johnson, Gunnery sergeant. You can call me gunney if you want." Pierce sat up trying to get a better look. "Chief Petty Officer Takamura Kobayashi, Acting commander of the 7th ODST drop team." he said acknowledging the other soldier before turning back to Angela. "Bad driving hell, if it wasn't for your driving we never would have been able to route the covenant bastards." He smiled down at her, wanting to caress her cheek, but not for fear of hurting her. "I'm just sorry they took you." he said, trying to make her feel better.

Angela watches as they discuss back and forth getting, info on each other. She smiles when Takamura tries to make her feel better. It was a good effort and she somewhat believed him but she was still stubborn. Angela reaches out and puts a hand on one of his, "Thanks Takamura I appreciate your support." She sighs, "Being taken hostage has only made me stronger and smarter, it was a new experience, I might suggest a training course..." She realizes she had begun to ramble and keeps quiet. "Did everyone else get out alright?"
    "Yeah, everyone else is fine, except that Red. Gave him a frag and a nice toasting, not sure if he made it out but he won't soon forget that day." he said as he patted her hand gently. "Don't worry Sarge, I'll stay with you until the end." Takamura told her, unsure exactly how he came across, not that it mattered, he had said what he wanted and he was going to sit by her side until the end.

Angela smiles slightly at the news about the Red. "Well I hope you guys got him, not saying that he was a bad host, but... I guess it could have been worse." she says motioning to her damaged state slightly. Her hand gently clasps three of his fingers as he says he'll wait by her, "Thank you again..." With that her head turns away from him and back towards the ceiling her eyes closed, she wanted to talk more but the drugs earlier did have sleep additives, because she was starting to get tired and is having troubles thinking straight, keeping her eyes open. So Angela closes her eyes just laying there waiting for something new to happen. "How is everyone else?" She asks after another moment, continuing on from now knowing they are alive. As Pierce watches them talk, he turns over to give them some privacy. Hearing what she went through, he was able to understand what had happened. Thinking that if he went to sleep, he would be let out faster, he took some sleeping pills. As he drifted off, he realized that he took enough to sleep the whole 22 hours. He then closed his eyes and started to dream about the new platoon he would be in.

Takamura wanted to hug her, but there were rules about that, and he didn't need that right now. "Not sure, after we got back we all broke up to take care of our own thing. My first stop was the comm center to tell the Commander you were alive and returned. Then I came straight here." He chuckled softly as his free hand rubbed the back of his neck. "I must smell horrible, considering I haven't showered in who knows how long." he said chuckling again, trying to lighten the mood. Angela nods, "I see." She lets out a small quiet laugh which leads to a loud raspy cough. "Don't worry about it, I probably smell worse then you do, I've been places you wouldn't even imagine." She says jokingly while opening one eye to look at him for a moment. Angela removes her hand, not wanting to spook the man. Soon she finds herself drifting in and out of consciousness, she eventually falls asleep, when she does it could be surprising on how many muscles she had actually been tensing to keep her facade. But when she is out, all of the stress and tension is relived, making her look calm and peaceful as she slept.
    Last edited by Carpe Vexillum; 09-16-2011 at 10:07 PM.

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Re: Contact Lost :: Part 1

Update #1 :: Partial Unabridged Addition...
    Last edited by Carpe Vexillum; 09-16-2011 at 10:09 PM.

JESUS... mind=blown
    You can no more win a war than you can win an earthquake.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Thanks, glad you liked it.
    Last edited by Carpe Vexillum; 09-16-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Blog Posts

there needs to be more pictures >.>
    jk this is really good!

Who knew Master Chief was such a good dancer?

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

haha xD
    Last edited by Carpe Vexillum; 09-16-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Symbol of Order
    Banana Cannon
    Blog Posts
    Livestreams

Update #2 :: Chapter Seven...

I am Tsundere.
    (ツンデレ) a character type that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time.

Thread Information